|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(b) Cousin Zhen.
2. What is Jia Rong offered immediately after there is concern about his status?
(a) A job in a bakery.
(b) A spot in the Corps of Officers of the Imperial Guard.
(c) A spot as a courtier of the Imperial Court.
(d) A marriage proposal.
3. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(b) All of his wine.
(c) His magical jade.
(d) All of his trinkets.
4. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
(a) That is seems to fluctuate.
(b) That it is not so impressive.
(c) That it is atrocious to him.
(d) That it is high.
5. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(b) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
(c) Xi-feng returns home.
(d) Bao-yu's study is finished.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night's sleep, who does Bao-yu wake up next to in Chapter 21?
2. What arrangements does Xi-feng talk to her husband about in relation to get-togethers?
3. Who is the love interest of Bao-yu's newly adopted "son" Jia Yun?
4. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
5. What is Yuan-chun shocked by when she first sees the garden?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family express their bereavement of and Qin-shi's death to the public?
2. What does Bao-yu add to the book he is reading, and how does Dai-yu respond?
3. In Chapter 20, how does Bao-yu show that he cares about Dai-yu?
4. Why do the children move into the Prospect Garden?
5. Discuss Yuan-chun's reaction upon her first visit home.
6. How does Patience show her loyalty to Xi-feng in Chapter 16?
7. How do the servants of the house react to Qin-shi's death?
8. What is revealed about Xi-feng's character in the episode involving a servant woman bringing money to her?
9. Why does Aroma manipulate Bao-yu in Chapter 19?
10. How is Qin-shi's honor and devotion to family seen before she dies?
This section contains 1,074 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)