|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
(a) That is seems to fluctuate.
(b) That it is atrocious to him.
(c) That it is not so impressive.
(d) That it is high.
2. One day, Bao-yu wakes with a feeling of _____________ that will not go away.
(b) Self pity.
3. What does Jia-lian use as his bedroom while his daughter is ill?
(a) Aroma's room.
(b) The Mattresses' room.
(c) The living room.
(d) Outer study.
4. With whom does Bao-yu spend his evening after being scolded by Aroma for defending her?
(a) The Mattress.
5. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
2. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
3. What is Yuan-chun shocked by when she first sees the garden?
4. For what does Yuan-chun request octets be written?
5. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the family express their bereavement of and Qin-shi's death to the public?
2. How is the relationship between Bao-yu and his servants developed in the events after Yuan-chun's visit?
3. What facets of the relationships between masters/mistresses and servants are shown in the conflict between Jia Lian, Xi-feng, and Patience?
4. How does Patience show her loyalty to Xi-feng in Chapter 16?
5. What is revealed about Xi-feng's character in the episode involving a servant woman bringing money to her?
6. Why do the children move into the Prospect Garden?
7. Why does Jia Zheng finally start to warm to Bao-yu?
8. How do the servants of the house react to Qin-shi's death?
9. How does Bao-yu show increasing maturity in his response to the quarrels among his female companions?
10. In Chapter 20, how does Bao-yu show that he cares about Dai-yu?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)