|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Dai-yu hears one of Bao-yu's romantic stories, she becomes _____.
(d) Attracted to Bao-yu.
2. Who dies at the end of Chapter 16?
(a) Jia Zheng.
(b) Qin Zhong.
3. What must families of concubines do so that they can meet together in private?
(a) Pay a fee to the Emperor.
(b) Suggest another girl who can be made a concubine.
(c) Make an offering to the gods.
(d) Build a separate residence according to the emperor's specifications.
4. What is the attitude of Jia Zheng's literary friends towards Bao-yu?
(a) They show they do not care for him.
(b) They are sympathetic towards him.
(c) They constantly praise him.
(d) They belittle him.
5. Who does Jia-zeng realize will probably be his only heir?
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night's sleep, who does Bao-yu wake up next to in Chapter 21?
2. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
3. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
4. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
5. What causes Qin Zhong's father to die?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)