|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What character does one of the child actors look like?
2. Who visits Aroma's home with Bao-yu?
3. What servant finds a lock of The Mattress's hair in Jia Lian's things?
4. How many people does Bao-yu share the romantic/erotic stories with?
5. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
(b) Disharmony and distrust.
(c) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
(d) Order and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the invitees to Bao-yu's birthday party?
2. What is Dai-yu trying to do when Bao-yu comes to visit her in Chapter 19?
3. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
4. What arrangements does Xi-feng talk to her husband about in relation to get-togethers?
5. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bao-yu show increasing maturity in his response to the quarrels among his female companions?
2. How does Xiang-yun's presence lead Bao-yu to think more highly of Bao-chai?
3. Hypothesize as to why Bao-yu's reaction to Qin-shi's death so violent.
4. What does the way the Jia family undertake preparations for Yuan-chun's visit show about their character when it comes to money?
5. How does Patience show her loyalty to Xi-feng in Chapter 16?
6. In what ways are Bao-yu's intellectual abilities displayed in the events surrounding Yuan-chun's visit?
7. In Chapter 20, how does Bao-yu show that he cares about Dai-yu?
8. Analyze Bao-yu's interactions with his father Jia Zheng during the naming party.
9. How is the relationship between Bao-yu and his servants developed in the events after Yuan-chun's visit?
10. What superstition in Chapter 21 is shown to be false?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)