|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Bao-yu spend his evening after being scolded by Aroma for defending her?
(a) The Mattress.
2. One day, Bao-yu wakes with a feeling of _____________ that will not go away.
(a) Self pity.
3. In Xi-feng's dream, why is Qin-shi concerned about the family falling on hard times?
(a) Because they will not be able to pay rent.
(b) Because it will ruin her reputation.
(c) Because no provisions will be made for seasonal offerings or for funds for the clan school.
(d) Because it will bring shame on the family.
4. What are Aroma's overall plans for Bao-yu?
(a) To leave the service of the Jia family.
(b) To sleep with him.
(c) To take his money.
(d) To work on his character flaws.
5. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
(a) He is disrespectful of societal hierarchies.
(b) He is openly unambitious.
(c) He has been caught with a prostitute.
(d) He is only an Imperial College Student.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bao-yu pick at Qin Zhong about while staying at the temple?
2. What does Jia-zeng notice about Bao-yu's intelligence?
3. In her anger at Bao-yu, what does Dai-yu cut up?
4. Xi-feng's infant daughter becomes ill with _____.
5. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)