|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Bao-yu, Xi-feng, and Qin Zhong talk during Chapter 14, what do they learn has happened?
(a) Qin-shi has passed away.
(b) Dai-yu's mother has passed away.
(c) Bao-yu's father has passed away.
(d) Dai-yu's father has passed away.
2. What is most important about The Temple of the Iron Threshold in relation to Qin-shi?
(a) She once gave a speech there.
(b) It is her favorite place to visit.
(c) She will be buried there.
(d) Blessings will be offered for her soul there.
3. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
(a) One hour.
(b) One day.
(c) Several hours.
(d) Several days.
4. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
(a) Because Aroma is angry with him.
(b) Because Bao-chai is angry with him.
(c) Because Xi-feng wants him to do chores.
(d) Because Aroma is ill.
5. What is Dai-yu trying to do when Bao-yu comes to visit her in Chapter 19?
(a) Write a poem.
(b) Read a poem.
(c) Read a book.
(d) Take a nap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yuan-chun remind the family of as she departs from the garden?
2. Where does the funeral procession for Qin-shi finally arrive?
3. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
4. Where does Xi-feng's carriage briefly stop during the funeral procession for Qin-shi?
5. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)