|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Knowing she is to fulfill all of Bao-yu's needs, Aroma allows him to _____.
(a) Strike her.
(b) Cry openly.
(c) Have his way with her.
(d) Speak ill of his father.
2. What does Aunt Xue give to Zhou Rai's wife?
(a) A box of real flowers.
(b) A box of artificial flowers.
(c) A box of decorations for her house.
(d) A box filled with money.
3. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
(a) That the matter of the murder has been cleared up.
(b) That they will need to pay a large sum of money.
(c) That they are indicted until the case is closed.
(d) That they will need to come to court.
4. What is there concern about when it comes to Jia Rong's status?
(a) He is disrespectful of societal hierarchies.
(b) He is openly unambitious.
(c) He has been caught with a prostitute.
(d) He is only an Imperial College Student.
5. What is the alleged, but inaccurate, reason given for Jia Rui becoming ill?
(a) His lack of respect for his parents.
(b) His inability to have Xi-feng.
(c) An ancient curse.
(d) His many liaisons with prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the subject of dispute Yu-cun was set to rule over?
2. What does Yuan-chun remind the family of as she departs from the garden?
3. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
4. Who helps Bao-yu with writing poems for Yuan-chun?
5. What item of Bao-yu's does Bao-chai want a closer look at when he visits her?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)