|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Grannie Liu first sees Xi-feng who makes the suggestion that these relatives don't visit because they find the Jias _____.
(d) Too busy.
2. What is the name of the prestigious family about which the story is told?
3. What wakes Xi-feng from her dream about Qin-shi?
(a) The maid entering the room.
(b) Her father calling.
(c) The death chime.
(d) The bell for breakfast.
4. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 7?
(a) Because Bao-yu taunts her.
(b) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(c) Because she is brought the flowers last.
(d) Because she feels she has been punished for no reason.
5. Who refuses to attend the birthday party?
(a) Jia Rui.
(c) Jia Jing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dai-yu learn she will be living with even though it is not customary for girls to live with boys?
2. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
3. What does Aroma urge Bao-yu to stop eating?
4. What is the alleged, but inaccurate, reason given for Jia Rui becoming ill?
5. What does Xi-feng do when Bao-yu questions a servant at the Ning Mansion?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)