|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Yuan-chun remind the family of as she departs from the garden?
(a) How impressed she is with garden.
(b) Her disappointment at being made a concubine.
(c) All the opportunities they will have to visit each other.
(d) Her desire for them to be happy.
2. What causes Qin Zhong's father to die?
(a) His guilt about a huge debt.
(b) The stress of Bao-yu's consistent misbehaving.
(c) His sadness over Qin-shi's death.
(d) The stress of finding out about Qin Zhong's love affair with Sappy.
3. What does Bao-yu pick at Qin Zhong about while staying at the temple?
(a) His affection for a servant girl.
(b) His affection for his cousin.
(c) His thinness and lack of muscles.
(d) His poor grades in school.
4. Why does Dai-yu get upset in Chapter 7?
(a) Because she feels she has been punished for no reason.
(b) Because Bao-yu taunts her.
(c) Because Bao-yu has chosen the same time to visit Bao-chai.
(d) Because she is brought the flowers last.
5. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
(a) She is a jovial child.
(b) She is an outspoken girl.
(c) She is in a weakened state.
(d) She is very tall and elegant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Bao-yu's first question to Dai-yu?
2. What did Bao-yu not allow to be taken from him by his pages?
3. Which is the only character who chooses not to rest and recuperate after Yuan-chun's visit?
4. For what does Yuan-chun request octets be written?
5. Who does Bao-yu cry out to in order to help him when he is dreaming?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)