|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Dai-yu to reside?
(a) At her mother's family's estate.
(b) In boarding school.
(c) The Jia family residence.
(d) At a convent.
2. What is the reason given against Yu-cun arresting Xue?
(a) Xue will put a curse on him.
(b) Xue is cursed.
(c) Yu-cun does not understand the circumstances.
(d) Xue is from a rich family.
3. Who has a brief discussion with Lady Wang about Bao-yu's odd behavior?
(c) Wang Xi-feng.
4. What is the name of the Chinese town the story line switches too after the Taoist changes his name?
5. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
(a) A long-term friendship.
(b) A mysterious murder.
(c) A love triangle.
(d) Great hate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the monk promise to do to the stone?
2. Who does Zhen Shi-yin live with?
3. What does Yu-cun do to the usher as a result of feeling uncomfortable around him?
4. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
5. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)