|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 & 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the goddess in the opening chapter?
2. What is Bao-yu's first question to Dai-yu?
(a) If she has seen the stone in the pond.
(b) If she is married.
(c) If she fancies him.
(d) Whether she has a green jade like him.
3. According to the inscription on the stone, what has the stone once been?
(a) A dog.
(b) A man.
(c) A boat.
(d) A woman.
4. Who warns Yu-cun not to arrest Xue?
(a) Lady Wang.
(b) The usher.
(c) A monk.
(d) Feng Yuan.
5. Who makes a loud entrance at the Jia residence?
(d) Wang Xi-feng.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Yu-cun let the family know about the murder case?
2. Why does Yu-cun feel uncomfortable around the usher?
3. What does the main story line follow?
4. What job does Yu-cun learn there is a possibility of getting back?
5. What does the family take notice in terms of Dai-yu's situation?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)