|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
(a) Because Aroma is ill.
(b) Because Aroma is angry with him.
(c) Because Bao-chai is angry with him.
(d) Because Xi-feng wants him to do chores.
2. What important event happens on the day of Jia Zheng's birthday?
(a) Bao-yu's study is finished.
(b) Yuan-chun is chosen as an Imperial Concubine.
(c) Qin Zhong falls ill.
(d) Xi-feng returns home.
3. What does the Taoist in the first chapter change his name to?
(a) Warrior of the Sun.
(b) Brother in Light.
(c) Writer of Love.
(d) Brother Amor.
4. What do Bao-yu's pages take from him after the naming party for the garden for Yuan-chun?
(a) All of his trinkets.
(b) His magical jade.
(c) The purse given to him Dai-yu.
(d) All of his wine.
5. Bao-yu and Qin Zhong form a plan to encourage their families to send them to _____.
(a) Each other's houses.
(b) A private school.
(c) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
(d) The Imperial Palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT happen in the wake of Qin-shi's death?
2. What do Bao-yu and Xi-feng hear as they leave the Ning Mansion?
3. Why does Bao-yu make a scene upon returning home from his visit with Bao-chai?
4. What develops between the three main characters of the book?
5. Who has a brief discussion with Lady Wang about Bao-yu's odd behavior?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)