|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 15 & 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to attend the birthday party?
(c) Jia Jing.
(d) Jia Rui.
2. Why is the headmaster going on leave?
(a) To take vacation.
(b) To meet the Jia family.
(c) He is ill.
(d) To attend business.
3. What does the doctor believe about his patient's prognosis at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) If she does not recover by the lunar eclipse time, she will die.
(b) She must wait for the lunar eclipse to see any improvement of symptoms.
(c) If she lives past the spring equinox, she will have a full recovery.
(d) If she lives to see the solar eclipse, she will recover.
4. What is the alleged, but inaccurate, reason given for Jia Rui becoming ill?
(a) His inability to have Xi-feng.
(b) His many liaisons with prostitutes.
(c) His lack of respect for his parents.
(d) An ancient curse.
5. Who starts to make regular visits to Qin-shi after the birthday party?
(b) Jia Rui.
(d) Bao-yu's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bao-yu visits the Department of the Ill-Fated Fair, what is he allowed to look at?
2. How long will burial ceremonies for Qin-shi last?
3. Why does Yu-cun feel uncomfortable around the usher?
4. Where is the party Grandmother Jia and the family held?
5. What actual name does Bao-yu cry out in his sleep?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)