|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 & 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
(a) Jia Rong.
2. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
(b) Disharmony and distrust.
(c) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
(d) Order and peace.
3. Why does Bao-yu make a scene upon returning home from his visit with Bao-chai?
(a) Because Nannie Li drank something that was intended for him.
(b) Because Nannie Li has been cursing him behind his back.
(c) Because nobody welcomes him home.
(d) Because he misses Bao-chai.
4. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
(b) Nannie Li.
5. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
2. What do Bao-chai and Zhou Rai's wife talk about at the start of Chapter 7?
3. What is Dai-yu trying to do when Bao-yu comes to visit her in Chapter 19?
4. What do Bao-yu and Qin Zhong quickly learn about each other?
5. In Xi-feng's dream, why is Qin-shi concerned about the family falling on hard times?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)