|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 & 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dai-yu trying to do when Bao-yu comes to visit her in Chapter 19?
(a) Take a nap.
(b) Write a poem.
(c) Read a poem.
(d) Read a book.
2. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
(b) Cousin Zhen.
3. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
(b) Jia Rong.
4. What does Xi-feng do when Bao-yu questions a servant at the Ning Mansion?
(a) She confronts the servant herself.
(b) She quietly tells him not to worry about it.
(c) She angrily hushes him.
(d) She calls a maid to distract from the situation.
5. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
(a) Disharmony and distrust.
(b) A tyrannical atmosphere of constant fear.
(c) A slack and uncaring attitude among the servants.
(d) Order and peace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
2. Who scolds the maids for their mess?
3. To whose house does Bao-yu wander to to study to look at a painting that he likes?
4. What does Grannie finally admit to Zhou under pressure?
5. Why does Bao-yu make a scene upon returning home from his visit with Bao-chai?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)