|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 19 & 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Xi-feng's personality as an overbearing mistress come to light in the Ning house?
(a) She severely punishes a servant for being late to work.
(b) She admonishes each servant individually for any mistake they make.
(c) She severely punishes a servant for forgetting to wash some dirty laundry.
(d) She shouts at all the servants as a group for half an hour.
2. Why does Bao-yu seek Dai-yu's company in Chapter 19?
(a) Because Aroma is angry with him.
(b) Because Aroma is ill.
(c) Because Bao-chai is angry with him.
(d) Because Xi-feng wants him to do chores.
3. Bao-yu and Qin Zhong form a plan to encourage their families to send them to _____.
(a) A private school.
(b) The Temple of the Iron Threshold.
(c) Each other's houses.
(d) The Imperial Palace.
4. Who does Bao-yu see sleeping with a girl?
5. What does Aunt Xue give to Zhou Rai's wife?
(a) A box of decorations for her house.
(b) A box of real flowers.
(c) A box filled with money.
(d) A box of artificial flowers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Xi-feng's leadership bring to the Ning house?
2. What sound comes from one of Bao-yu's rooms when the girls are ganging up on him?
3. Who does the Prince of Bei-jing ask to meet?
4. What does Grannie finally admit to Zhou under pressure?
5. Who seeks advice from Bao-yu about how to take care of the Ning household?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)