|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mat bet the two swordsmen?
(a) That he can defeat both of them with his quarterstaff.
(b) That he can take both of them on if he had his sword.
(c) That he could slice an apple exactly in half with a sword.
(d) That they could do better with a different style of sword.
2. Who tells Mat he cannot leave Tar Valon?
(d) Siuan Sanche.
3. What language does Mat speak as he is being healed?
(d) The Old Tongue.
4. Why does Moiraine send Min to Tar Valon?
(a) To ask Siuan to send more Aes Sedai to protect Rand.
(b) To update Siuan "Sanche on what is happening with Rand.
(c) To see what symbols she sees over Siuan's head.
(d) To plead for Mat's life.
5. Who identifies the man with a dagger through his heart?
Short Answer Questions
1. What two birds does Min see in Perrin's future?
2. Who are the Souless?
3. What do the Whitecloaks think of anyone who uses the One Power?
4. What does Rand ask of Egwene in a vision when he is trapped in Caemlyn?
5. Who did Rand battle in the sky over Falme that inspired many?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Perrin's dream of the man in black who offers him wine.
2. What does Min tell Perrin about symbols she sees around him?
3. Who does Mat challenge and beat in a mock fight?
4. What sort of prophetic dreams has Egwene been having?
5. Where are Mat, Nynaeve, Egwene, Hurin and Verin Sedai at the opening of this chapter and what are they doing?
6. What is Moiraine's explanation about the dreams the group all had in common about Callandor during the night?
7. What effect does Rand have on the town of Jarra?
8. Who is Leya and what does Min see about her?
9. What happens as Nynaeve and Egwene are returning to Egwene's quarters in the White Tower?
10. Describe Mat's healing and who is present.
This section contains 987 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)