|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why can Rand sometimes project his dreams upon others?
(a) He cannot project his dreams on other.s
(b) Because he is ta'veren.
(c) Because he is the leader of those fighting the dark one.
(d) Because he has no control over his thoughts.
2. Why does Rand leave the camp?
(a) He is afraid of endangering his friends.
(b) He wants to accompany Mat to Tar Valon.
(c) He gets lost in the mountains.
(d) He wants to search for a special ter'angreal.
3. What is held in the Stone of Tear?
(b) A large stone that magnifies saidar.
(c) A large stone that magnifies saidin.
(d) A small statue that Rand needs to close the gates of the great abyss.
4. What do the Whitecloaks think of anyone who uses the One Power?
(a) They are misguided.
(b) They are allies.
(c) They are darkfriends.
(d) They are the best chance of defeating the Great Lord at the last battle.
5. About what does Mat constantly think while at Tar Valon?
(a) The dagger.
(b) If Rand is truly the Dragon Reborn.
(c) The Daughter of the Nine Moons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another name for the Tuatha'an?
2. What does Liandrin's group steal before leaving Tar Valon?
3. How can the Horn of Valere work for someone besides Mat?
4. To what are Egwene and Elayne raised?
5. Who was sent away months ago from the White Tower but appears to talk with Nynaeve, Egwene and Elayne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Nynaeve decide to find Mat and attempt to heal him herself?
2. How does Siuan change the status of Nynaeve and Egwene and what does she task them with?
3. What is happening on the Almoth Plain, and what is Moiraine's response to it?
4. What does Else Grimwell reveal to Nynaeve, Egwene and Elayne and what are the three's thoughts about it?
5. Who is Leya and what does Min see about her?
6. Describe Perrin's dream of the man in black who offers him wine.
7. Who are the Aiel and the Tuatha'an?
8. About what do Rand and Moiraine argue, and what does Rand do?
9. Who is Pedron Niall and what is in the report Pedron Niall receives?
10. Where are Mat, Nynaeve, Egwene, Hurin and Verin Sedai at the opening of this chapter and what are they doing?
This section contains 1,048 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)