|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Petrushka tell Golyadkin when he gets home at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) That he is afraid that Golyadkin has been stealing from him.
(b) That he is leaving
(c) That he wants a raise.
(d) That Golyadkin has been evicted.
2. What does Golyadkin say his opinion of Petrushka is?
(a) He says that he values him highly and asks him to stay.
(b) He says that he respects him even though he is a flunkey.
(c) He says that he loathes him for his loose morals.
(d) He says that he is deeply disapointed by his disloyalty.
3. What is the tone of the letter Golyadkin receives in response to his letter to Golyadkin Junior?
4. What is the manner in which Golyadkin says that Golyadkin Junior has sucked up to people?
5. What tone does Golyadkin take in his letter to Golyadkin Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Golyadkin appeal to as his last resort?
2. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin he felt toward him?
3. What does Golyadkin sense in Golyadkin Junior’s arrival?
4. What does Golyadkin say he is doing by bring Golyadkin Junior home?
5. What does Golyadkin ask Petrushka to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What profound experience does Golyadkin have in his sleep?
2. What trick does Golyadkin Junior play on Golyadkin when he leaves the coffee house where they have been talking?
3. What is the importance of the letter Golyadkin receives from Klara Olsufyevna?
4. Describe Golyadkin’s state as he chases Golyadkin after they leave the office together, and how does this state relate to Golyadkin’s previous states?
5. Describe the letter Golyadkin sends to Golyadkin Junior.
6. How does Golyadkin Junior take advantage of Golyadkin?
7. What does the narrator say about Golyadkin’s tendency to exacerbate his feelings?
8. What is the outcome of Golyadkin’s appeal to His Excellency?
9. Describe the interview Golyadkin and Golyadkin Junior have in the coffee shop.
10. Why does Golyadkin Junior say he appealed to Golyadkin?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)