|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Golyadkin’s thoughts characterized when he is at his flat?
(a) As feverish.
(b) As contemplative.
(c) As tranquil.
(d) As placid.
2. What is Golyadkin’s sense of what fate has in store for him?
(a) Something to vindicate him.
(b) Something that will reward him at last for his hard work.
(c) Something that will end his troubles for once and for all.
(d) Something unpleasant.
3. Who does Golyadkin think he can appeal to?
(a) Olsufy Ivanovich.
(b) Golyadkin Junior himself.
(c) No one.
(d) Andrey Filippovich.
4. How does Golyadkin Junior steal the papers from Golyadkin?
(a) By sending Golyadkin on an errand.
(b) By distracting Golyadkin with another matter.
(c) By saying there is a blot on them.
(d) By confusing Golyadkin with other papers.
5. How does Golyadkin characterize his own behavior toward his guest?
(a) As unprecedented.
(b) As highly unusual.
(c) As strictly charitable.
(d) As highly proper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sensation does the reader get when Golyadkin says that he keeps to the straight and narrow, and that he despises deviousness?
2. What do the cabbies tell Golyadkin when he asks them to take him to the office in his dream-state?
3. What does Golyadkin believe Golyadkin Junior is responsible for when he sees him in his sleeplessness?
4. How does Golyadkin Junior harass Golyadkin at the coffee shop?
5. What does Golyadkin imagine telling Golyadkin Junior?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Golyadkin reaches Andrey Filippovich’s house.
2. Describe Golyadkin Junior’s entrance into the office.
3. Describe the intimacy that develops between Golyadkin and Golyadkin Junior.
4. What is Golyadkin Junior’s demeanor like when he arrives at Golyadkin’s flat?
5. What is the outcome of Golyadkin’s appeal to His Excellency?
6. Why does Golyadkin Junior say he appealed to Golyadkin?
7. What is Golyadkin Junior like when Golyadkin finds him at the office?
8. Describe the letter Golyadkin writes to Golyadkin Junior before going to the office.
9. What happens after Golyadkin leaves the office at the end of the day?
10. What response does Golyadkin get to his letter?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)