|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Petrushka tell Golyadkin he has been?
(a) To see good people.
(b) Drinking with friends.
(c) To see Klara Olsufyevna.
(d) To see Andrey Filippovich.
2. How does Golyadkin feel when Golyadkin Junior gets away with stealing his papers?
(c) Ready to do battle.
3. Whose work does Golyadkin say created all his troubles?
(a) Golyadkin Junior.
(b) He himself.
(c) The German woman.
(d) Klara Olsufyevna.
4. How does Golyadkin refer to himself when he is berating himself?
(a) As an innocent victim.
(b) As a dangerous man
(c) As a suicide.
(d) As a crazy person.
5. What tone does Golyadkin take in his letter to Golyadkin Junior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of the letter Golyadkin receives in response to his letter to Golyadkin Junior?
2. What does Golyadkin imagine telling Golyadkin Junior?
3. What does Golyadkin say is the status of his situation?
4. Which of his body parts does Golyadkin lament?
5. How are Golyadkin’s thoughts characterized when he is at his flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the intimacy that develops between Golyadkin and Golyadkin Junior.
2. Describe what happens when Golyadkin reaches Andrey Filippovich’s house.
3. How does Golyadkin plan to resolve the situation with Golyadkin Junior?
4. What response does Golyadkin get to his letter?
5. Describe the interview Golyadkin and Golyadkin Junior have in the coffee shop.
6. What is Golyadkin’s explanation for Golyadkin Junior’s existence?
7. How does Golyadkin Junior take advantage of Golyadkin?
8. How does Golyadkin Junior insult Golyadkin at the office?
9. What requests does Golyadkin make of Petrushka?
10. What profound experience does Golyadkin have in his sleep?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)