|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What amount of money is this?
(a) Enough to go out for dinner.
(b) A good deal.
(c) Enough to furnish a small flat.
(d) A paltry sum.
2. How long does Golyadkin wait in the cold before entering the banquet?
(a) Three hours.
(b) One hour.
(c) Six hours.
(d) All night.
3. What troubles Golyadkin in the middle of his shopping trip?
(a) Twinges of conscience.
(b) Apprehension about the night.
(c) Hot flashes.
4. What kind of look does Golyadkin assume when Golyadkin Junior approaches him for the first time?
(a) As if he has been waiting for Golyadkin Junior.
(b) As if he needs help.
(c) As if he was minding his own business.
(d) As if he should not be interrupted.
5. How does Dostoevsky characterize Golyadkin’s reaction to Petrushka’s livery?
(a) He hopes that Petrushka can keep from ruining the clothes.
(b) He is apprehensive about whether it will make the right impression.
(c) He is mortified by his appearance.
(d) He is well satisfied.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Golyadkin refer to Olsufy Ivanovich?
2. What is the occasion for the banquet at State Counsellor Berendyev’s house?
3. How is Golyadkin Junior’s appearance described when he enters the office?
4. What is Golyadkin’s frame of reference for understanding the banquet?
5. What does Golyadkin insist to Andrey Filippovich when he sees him at Olsufy Ivanovich’s house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Golyadkin’s sense as he chases the stranger?
2. What is Golyadkin’s purpose in getting into Olsufy Ivanovich’s banquet?
3. Describe Golyadkin’s arrival at Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
4. Describe the chase the stranger leads Golyadkin on.
5. Describe Golyadkin’s interaction with Andrey Filippovich after his interaction with Gerasimych.
6. What confession does Golyadkin make to Krestyan Ivanovich?
7. What is Golyadkin’s relationship with his coworkers?
8. Describe Golyadkin’s entrance into Krestyan Ivanovich’s office.
9. Where does Golyadkin go after leaving Olsufy Ivanovich’s house?
10. What is the meaning and significance of Golyadkin’s statement that “it’s not me at all”?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)