|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Golyadkin go from Krestyan Ivanovich’s office?
(b) Nevsky Prospekt.
(c) The office.
(d) Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
2. How is Golyadkin Junior’s appearance described when he enters the office?
3. Which of the following types of phrases does Golyadkin use often?
4. What is Golyadkin’s feeling about the money in his wallet?
(a) He is sad because it is already spent.
(b) He despairs that it won’t be enough.
(c) He is apprehensive about what to spend it on.
(d) He is delighted.
5. What does Golyadkin lose on his way home from the banquet?
(a) His coat.
(b) His way.
(c) His money.
(d) His galoshes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Olsufy Ivanovich’s disability?
2. Which term describes the narrative tone when Golyadkin encounters his double in the office?
3. What is Anton Antonovich Setochkin’s profession?
4. What tone does Golyadkin take with his younger colleagues?
5. What season does The Double take place in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Golyadkin’s departure from the banquet.
2. Describe Golyadkin’s arrival at Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
3. What blunders does Golyadkin make when he enters Krestyan Ivanovich’s office?
4. What kinds of goods does Golyadkin go shopping for at Nevsky Prospekt?
5. Describe Golyadkin’s entrance into Olsufy Ivanovich’s banquet.
6. Describe Golyadkin’s relationship with Petrushka.
7. Describe Golyadkin’s first encounter with his double.
8. Describe the action that takes place among the characters at the banquet in the beginning of Chapter 4.
9. Describe Golyadkin’s carriage journey in Chapter 1.
10. Describe the scene of Golyadkin’s waking after chasing Golyadkin Junior.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)