|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Andrey Filippovich?
(a) Golyadkin’s rival for a woman’ hand.
(b) Golyadkin’s friend.
(c) Golyadkin’s cousin.
(d) Golyadkin’s boss.
2. What does Golyadkin dream about after he speaks to Klara Olsufyevna?
(a) Fighting with Vladimir Semyonovich over her honor.
(b) Saving her if a chandelier were to fall.
(c) Dying on the spot.
(d) Spreading rumors about her to revenge himself.
3. What does Golyadkin mean when he says that something is a “Russian proverb”?
(a) It is a learned bit of wisdom.
(b) It is childish and nonsensical.
(c) It is a silly nothing.
(d) It is a folk saying.
4. How does Golyadkin describe himself?
(a) As a peace-loving man.
(b) A miserable wretch.
(c) As a care-free person.
(d) As a serious thinker.
5. What plot does Golyadkin say is afoot?
(a) To imprison Golyadkin.
(b) To murder someone’s reputation.
(c) To murder someone.
(d) To catch a murderer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the clerks characterize Golyadkin’s appearance?
2. How does Dostoevsky describe Krestyan Ivanovich?
3. What happens when Golyadkin tries to address Klara Olsufyevna?
4. What is Golyadkin’s reaction the first time he sees Golyadkin Junior?
5. How is Petrushka’s livery described?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Golyadkin’s interaction with Andrey Filippovich after his interaction with Gerasimych.
2. Describe Golyadkin’s departure from the banquet.
3. Describe Golyadkin’s carriage journey in Chapter 1.
4. Describe Golyadkin’s relationship with Petrushka.
5. What is Golyadkin’s purpose in getting into Olsufy Ivanovich’s banquet?
6. Describe the scene of Golyadkin’s waking after chasing Golyadkin Junior.
7. What does the scene in Krestyan Ivanovich’s office tell the reader about Golyadkin’s personality?
8. What blunders does Golyadkin make when he enters Krestyan Ivanovich’s office?
9. Describe Golyadkin’s feelings on leaving Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
10. Describe the action that takes place among the characters at the banquet in the beginning of Chapter 4.
This section contains 888 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)