|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Golyadkin Junior say helped him get a position?
(a) Andrey Filippovich.
(b) Golyadkin’s father.
(c) An unnamed person.
2. What does Klara Olsufyevna’s letter to Golyadkin Junior claim?
(a) That Golyadkin has slandered her.
(b) That she has instigated this scandal of the double.
(c) That Golyadkin is going to be arrested.
(d) That she loves him.
3. What does Golyadkin say about the letter he wrote to Golyadkin Junior?
(a) He disavows it.
(b) He says that he was not sane when he wrote it.
(c) He reasserts his challenge.
(d) He qualifies it.
4. What is the manner in which Golyadkin says that Golyadkin Junior has sucked up to people?
5. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin about his living arrangements?
(a) He has a large flat across town.
(b) He is currently looking for rooms.
(c) He has always lived in this flat.
(d) He cannot afford a flat.
6. What is the message of Golyadkin Junior’s poem to Golyadkin?
(a) You make it possible for me to be myself.
(b) Never forget me.
(c) I am unworthy of you.
(d) You have replaced me.
7. How does Golyadkin feel when Golyadkin Junior gets away with stealing his papers?
(d) Ready to do battle.
8. Where does Golyadkin Junior go with Golyadkin’s papers?
(a) To the courthouse.
(b) Straight to the Director’s office.
(d) To the copyists’.
9. What sensation floods through Golyadkin after a night of carousing with Golyadkin Junior?
10. What shameless trick does Golyadkin Junior play on Golyadkin, for the second time, in His Excellency’s presence?
(a) He wipes his hand after shaking Golyadkin’s hand.
(b) He slaps Golyadkin in the face.
(c) He pinches Golyadkin’s cheeks like a child.
(d) He insults Golyadkin’s name and honor.
11. Which aspect of Golyadkin Junior’s personality does Golyadkin despise?
(a) His audacity.
(b) His mincing.
(c) His disingenuousness.
(d) His virtues.
12. How does Golyadkin Junior greet Golyadkin?
(a) With hostility.
(b) With impatience.
(c) With indifference.
(d) With insolence.
13. What tone does Golyadkin take with Golyadkin Junior?
(a) A combination of self-abasement and politeness.
(b) A combination of accusation and conciliation.
(c) A combination of innuendo and guilt
(d) A combination of fury and cowardice.
14. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin when he catches up with him?
(a) That he knows his fate before Golyadkin knows it himself.
(b) That he does not have time to talk.
(c) That he is sorry for the trouble he has cause.
(d) That he will delight in Golyadkin’s ruin.
15. What does Golyadkin consider doing?
(a) Killing Golyadkin Junior.
(b) Confessing to Andrey Filippovich.
(c) Bribing Petrushka for information on Golyadkin Junior.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Golyadkin’s thoughts characterized when he is at his flat?
2. To whom does Golyadkin try to attribute the complications owing to his double?
3. Which of his body parts does Golyadkin lament?
4. How is Golyadkin Junior described at dinner?
5. Whom does Golyadkin appeal to as his last resort?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)