|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin about his living arrangements?
(a) He has always lived in this flat.
(b) He is currently looking for rooms.
(c) He cannot afford a flat.
(d) He has a large flat across town.
2. What is the manner in which Golyadkin says that Golyadkin Junior has sucked up to people?
3. What does Golyadkin sense in Golyadkin Junior’s arrival?
4. What does Golyadkin imagine telling Golyadkin Junior?
(a) Why he cannot stay with him.
(b) To clear out of town.
(c) How he could help him clear his name.
(d) Where he might look for lodgings.
5. How does Golyadkin refer to himself when he is berating himself?
(a) As a crazy person.
(b) As a suicide.
(c) As an innocent victim.
(d) As a dangerous man
6. What does Golyadkin tell His Excellency he wants from him?
(b) Golyadkin Junior’s arrest.
(c) A raise and promotion.
(d) Protection from his enemies
7. What solution does Klara Olsufyevna propose?
(a) She wants to elope with Golyadkin Junior.
(b) She wants Golyadkin to be killed.
(c) She wants to be married.
(d) She wants Golyadkin Junior to fight a duel with Golyadkin.
8. Whose work does Golyadkin say created all his troubles?
(a) Golyadkin Junior.
(b) He himself.
(c) The German woman.
(d) Klara Olsufyevna.
9. What sensation floods through Golyadkin after a night of carousing with Golyadkin Junior?
10. What does Golyadkin believe Golyadkin Junior is responsible for when he sees him in his sleeplessness?
(a) His desire for attention and approval.
(b) His bestial impulses.
(c) His theft of the wallet full of rubles.
(d) His fall from grace.
11. To whom does Golyadkin try to attribute the complications owing to his double?
(a) The Administration.
(b) Divine providence.
(d) Andrey Filippovich.
12. What is the message of Golyadkin Junior’s poem to Golyadkin?
(a) You have replaced me.
(b) You make it possible for me to be myself.
(c) Never forget me.
(d) I am unworthy of you.
13. How is Golyadkin Junior described at dinner?
(a) As jovial.
(b) As ravenous.
(c) As timid.
(d) As comfortable.
14. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin when he catches up with him?
(a) That he does not have time to talk.
(b) That he knows his fate before Golyadkin knows it himself.
(c) That he will delight in Golyadkin’s ruin.
(d) That he is sorry for the trouble he has cause.
15. Where does Golyadkin rush off to?
(a) State Counsellor Berendyev’s house.
(b) Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
(c) Golyadkin Junior’s lodging house.
(d) Andrey Filippovich’s house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golyadkin say it is sinful to do?
2. How did the previous day’s events affect Golyadkin?
3. How does Golyadkin characterize his own behavior toward his guest?
4. What do the cabbies tell Golyadkin when he asks them to take him to the office in his dream-state?
5. What does Anton Antonovich have a medal for?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)