|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Golyadkin expect when he entered the office?
(a) Apologies from Olsufy Ivanovich.
(b) To be fired.
(c) Something bad to happen.
(d) His double to have supplanted him.
2. What is the literary term for difference between Golyadkin’s description of himself and the narrator’s account of his actions?
3. What do the cabbies tell Golyadkin when he asks them to take him to the office in his dream-state?
(a) They cannot take a man who is two men.
(b) He has to pay for the trip he just took.
(c) They have orders not to take him to the office.
(d) They have already taken him.
4. What compels Golyadkin to ring Krestyan Ivanovich’s bell?
(a) He needs to hear Krestyan Ivanovich’s opinion.
(b) He hears footsteps on the stairs.
(c) He looks at his watch and realizes that he is short on time.
(d) He is impatient to hear Krestyan Ivanovich’s advice.
5. Who does Golyadkin Junior say helped him get a position?
(a) Andrey Filippovich.
(b) Golyadkin’s father.
(c) An unnamed person.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the clerks characterize Golyadkin’s appearance?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Golyadkin’s entrance to the party?
3. Where is Golyadkin before he enters the banquet?
4. Who does Golyadkin blame the previous night’s horrors on?
5. What is Golyadkin accused of?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)