|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Petrushka’s livery?
(a) It is too small for him.
(b) It is covered in stains.
(c) It is too big for him.
(d) It is threadbare.
2. What blunder does Golyadkin make when he comes into Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
(a) He leaves his hat on.
(b) He sits down without being invited to.
(c) He speaks before he is spoken to.
(d) He takes off his hat.
3. Who does Golyadkin Junior say helped him get a position?
(a) Andrey Filippovich.
(b) An unnamed person.
(c) Golyadkin’s father.
4. What does the narrator mean when he describes the “blessings of a St. Petersburg November”?
(a) The night was cold and damp.
(b) The night was crisp and clear.
(c) The night was warm and festive.
(d) The night was balmy.
5. What is Golyadkin Junior doing when Golyadkin arrives at the office?
(a) He is going on a special mission.
(b) He is talking with clerks.
(c) He is working at Golyadkin’s desk.
(d) He is copying out a contract.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the weather change in the beginning of Chapter 13?
2. What disconcerts Golyadkin when he is in the carriage?
3. What is Golyadkin’s reaction the first time he sees Golyadkin Junior?
4. Who does Golyadkin blame the previous night’s horrors on?
5. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin about his living arrangements?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)