|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Anton Antonovich Setochkin’s profession?
(a) Chief Clerk.
(c) Department Head.
(d) Titular Counsellor.
2. Which term describes the narrative tone when Golyadkin encounters his double in the office?
3. Why does Golyadkin stop to visit Krestyan Ivanovich?
(a) To make a social call.
(b) To get medicine.
(c) To get money.
(d) To confess himself.
4. What troubles Golyadkin in the middle of his shopping trip?
(a) Hot flashes.
(b) Apprehension about the night.
(d) Twinges of conscience.
5. What is Golyadkin’s frame of reference for understanding the banquet?
(a) Newspaper accounts.
(b) Personal experience.
(d) Cheap French novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dostoevsky describe Golyadkin’s appearance?
2. How is the event from which Golyadkin is turned away characterized?
3. What does Golyadkin decide the morning after the banquet?
4. How does the narrator characterize Golyadkin Junior?
5. How does Dostoevsky characterize Golyadkin’s reaction to Petrushka’s livery?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)