|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Golyadkin Junior lead Golyadkin when he chases him?
(a) To the Semyonovsky Bridge.
(b) Back to Golyadkin’s flat.
(c) To Nevsky Prospekt.
(d) Back to the banquet.
2. What is the tone of this opening chapter?
3. How does Golyadkin describe himself?
(a) As a serious thinker.
(b) As a peace-loving man.
(c) A miserable wretch.
(d) As a care-free person.
4. How does Golyadkin Junior steal the papers from Golyadkin?
(a) By saying there is a blot on them.
(b) By confusing Golyadkin with other papers.
(c) By distracting Golyadkin with another matter.
(d) By sending Golyadkin on an errand.
5. What is Golyadkin’s sense of what fate has in store for him?
(a) Something to vindicate him.
(b) Something that will reward him at last for his hard work.
(c) Something unpleasant.
(d) Something that will end his troubles for once and for all.
Short Answer Questions
1. What power does Golyadkin say he has?
2. How does the narrator describe Golyadkin upon leaving the banquet?
3. How does Golyadkin Junior greet Golyadkin?
4. Where does Golyadkin find Petrushka when he looks for him?
5. What theory does Golyadkin advance to Anton Antonovich?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)