|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What blunder does Golyadkin make when he comes into Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
(a) He leaves his hat on.
(b) He sits down without being invited to.
(c) He takes off his hat.
(d) He speaks before he is spoken to.
2. What explanation is he given?
(b) That he mistook the invitation.
(c) That Olsufy Ivanovich is angry with him.
(d) That he had caused a scandal.
3. What does Golyadkin dream about after he speaks to Klara Olsufyevna?
(a) Spreading rumors about her to revenge himself.
(b) Saving her if a chandelier were to fall.
(c) Dying on the spot.
(d) Fighting with Vladimir Semyonovich over her honor.
4. What is Yakov Petrovich Golyadkin’s rank?
(b) Titular counselor.
5. Which of the following best describes Golyadkin’s thoughts that everything could turn out all right in the end?
(a) False optimism.
(b) Comic misinterpretation.
(c) Realistic expectations.
(d) Tragic misreading of events.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is making the shrieking Golyadkin hears after he leaves the banquet?
2. Which term describes the narrative tone when Golyadkin encounters his double in the office?
3. Which of the following best describes Golyadkin’s mood when he finally enters the party?
4. Which literary term describes the narrator speaking directly to the reader?
5. What does Golyadkin lose on his way home from the banquet?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)