|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Golyadkin wakes up, Dostoevsky says that he discovers he lives in Petersburg, not in some other place: where is that other place?
(a) A faery realm.
(b) a palace.
(c) His hometown.
(d) A hell of sorts.
2. What troubles Golyadkin in the middle of his shopping trip?
(b) Hot flashes.
(c) Apprehension about the night.
(d) Twinges of conscience.
3. Whom does Golyadkin say he complimented recently?
(a) Andrey Filippovich.
(b) Klara Olsufyevna.
(c) Olsufy Ivanovich.
(d) Karolina Ivanovna.
4. How does Golyadkin describe himself?
(a) As a peace-loving man.
(b) A miserable wretch.
(c) As a serious thinker.
(d) As a care-free person.
5. What is Golyadkin’s feeling about the money in his wallet?
(a) He is sad because it is already spent.
(b) He is delighted.
(c) He is apprehensive about what to spend it on.
(d) He despairs that it won’t be enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. What season does The Double take place in?
2. What is the narrator’s as he describes Golyadkin’s shopping trip?
3. Which of the following types of phrases does Golyadkin use often?
4. How does Golyadkin protect himself in Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
5. Where do Andrey Filippovich and Golyadkin have their conversation?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)