|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation is he given?
(a) That he had caused a scandal.
(b) That he mistook the invitation.
(d) That Olsufy Ivanovich is angry with him.
2. Where does Golyadkin go from Krestyan Ivanovich’s office?
(a) Nevsky Prospekt.
(b) The office.
(c) Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
3. What is the third blunder Golyadkin makes in Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
(a) He fails to compliment Krestyan Ivanovich.
(b) He forgets why he came.
(c) He stutters instead of speaking.
(d) He makes excuses for himself.
4. When Golyadkin wakes up, Dostoevsky says that he discovers he lives in Petersburg, not in some other place: where is that other place?
(a) a palace.
(b) A hell of sorts.
(c) A faery realm.
(d) His hometown.
5. Where does Golyadkin send his carriage away?
(a) At Olsufy Ivanovich’s house.
(b) At a restaurant.
(c) At Nevsky Prospekt.
(d) At his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following isn’t Golyadkin good at?
2. What plot does Golyadkin say is afoot?
3. What sensation does Golyadkin have as he leaves Olsufy Ivanovich’s house?
4. What compels Golyadkin to ring Krestyan Ivanovich’s bell?
5. How much money does Golyadkin have in his wallet, which he counts over and over again?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)