|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disconcerts Golyadkin when he is in the carriage?
(a) He remembers an important errand he needed to run.
(b) He meets two younger clerks.
(c) He is self-conscious about his clothing.
(d) He encounters the woman he hoped to see.
2. How does Golyadkin feel as he approaches Olsufy Ivanovich’s house?
(a) Full of dread.
(b) Filled with good wishes.
(c) Neither dead nor alive.
3. What is Yakov Petrovich Golyadkin’s rank?
(a) Titular counselor.
4. What compels Golyadkin to ring Krestyan Ivanovich’s bell?
(a) He looks at his watch and realizes that he is short on time.
(b) He needs to hear Krestyan Ivanovich’s opinion.
(c) He is impatient to hear Krestyan Ivanovich’s advice.
(d) He hears footsteps on the stairs.
5. How does Dostoevsky characterize Golyadkin’s personality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following types of phrases does Golyadkin use often?
2. What season does The Double take place in?
3. What is the third blunder Golyadkin makes in Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
4. What explanation is he given?
5. How much does Golyadkin spend during his shopping trip?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)