|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What power does Golyadkin say he has?
(a) He says that he is powerless.
(b) The power to harm people with what he knows.
(c) The power to ruin people with their secrets.
(d) The power to ruin a certain woman’s reputation.
2. What does Golyadkin mean when he says that something is a “Russian proverb”?
(a) It is a learned bit of wisdom.
(b) It is a silly nothing.
(c) It is childish and nonsensical.
(d) It is a folk saying.
3. What season does The Double take place in?
4. Who is Andrey Filippovich?
(a) Golyadkin’s boss.
(b) Golyadkin’s cousin.
(c) Golyadkin’s friend.
(d) Golyadkin’s rival for a woman’ hand.
5. What is the third blunder Golyadkin makes in Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
(a) He stutters instead of speaking.
(b) He fails to compliment Krestyan Ivanovich.
(c) He forgets why he came.
(d) He makes excuses for himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the tone of this opening chapter?
2. How is Petrushka’s livery described?
3. What blunder does Golyadkin make when he comes into Krestyan Ivanovich’s room?
4. How does Dostoevsky characterize Golyadkin’s reaction to Petrushka’s livery?
5. How long has Golyadkin reserved a carriage for?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)