|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation is he given?
(a) That he mistook the invitation.
(c) That he had caused a scandal.
(d) That Olsufy Ivanovich is angry with him.
2. What troubles Golyadkin in the middle of his shopping trip?
(a) Twinges of conscience.
(c) Hot flashes.
(d) Apprehension about the night.
3. What does Dostoevsky say Golyadkin has difficulty with?
(a) His balance.
(b) His vision.
(c) Choosing his words.
(d) Remembering his thoughts.
4. What does Golyadkin will happen in time?
(a) Masks will fall from certain faces.
(b) He will unveil a damaging secret.
(c) His value will be revealed.
(d) He will find his way home.
5. What is Golyadkin’s frame of reference for understanding the banquet?
(b) Newspaper accounts.
(c) Personal experience.
(d) Cheap French novels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Olsufy Ivanovich’s disability?
2. What does Golyadkin leave each of the shopkeepers with?
3. How does Golyadkin describe himself?
4. What does Golyadkin dream about after he speaks to Klara Olsufyevna?
5. What language does most of the discourse at the banquet take place in?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)