|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occasion for the banquet at State Counsellor Berendyev’s house?
(a) Klara Olsufyevna’s birthday.
(b) State Counsellor Berendyev’s retirement.
(c) Olsufy Ivanovich’s promotion.
(d) Klara Olsufyevna’s engagement.
2. What does Krestyan Ivanovich tell Golyadkin he has to do?
(a) Stay at home and rest.
(b) Lead a thoughtful introspective life.
(d) Follow his prescription.
3. How does Golyadkin feel as he approaches Olsufy Ivanovich’s house?
(a) Filled with good wishes.
(b) Full of dread.
(c) Neither dead nor alive.
4. What does Golyadkin will happen in time?
(a) He will unveil a damaging secret.
(b) Masks will fall from certain faces.
(c) He will find his way home.
(d) His value will be revealed.
5. Which of these things does Golyadkin NOT shop for?
(b) A carriage.
(c) Women’s clothing.
(d) Dinner and tea service.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money does Golyadkin have in his wallet, which he counts over and over again?
2. What plot does Golyadkin say is afoot?
3. What compels Golyadkin to ring Krestyan Ivanovich’s bell?
4. What happens when Golyadkin offers Klara Olsufyevna his hand?
5. What does Golyadkin mean when he says that something is a “Russian proverb”?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)