|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the cabbies tell Golyadkin when he asks them to take him to the office in his dream-state?
(a) They have already taken him.
(b) They have orders not to take him to the office.
(c) They cannot take a man who is two men.
(d) He has to pay for the trip he just took.
2. What is Olsufy Ivanovich’s disability?
(a) Fake eye.
(b) Loss of his legs.
(c) Loss of one hand.
3. How long does Golyadkin wait in the cold before entering the banquet?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) All night.
(d) One hour.
4. What does Golyadkin believe Golyadkin Junior is responsible for when he sees him in his sleeplessness?
(a) His bestial impulses.
(b) His theft of the wallet full of rubles.
(c) His fall from grace.
(d) His desire for attention and approval.
5. What language does most of the discourse at the banquet take place in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Golyadkin Junior’s demeanor described when he sits in Golyadkin’s flat?
2. What is the occasion for the banquet at State Counsellor Berendyev’s house?
3. What time is it when reaches the office?
4. How is Golyadkin Junior described at dinner?
5. How does the narrator characterize his account of this story?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)