|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give for his inability to describe the scene at the banquet?
(a) He was not there.
(b) He heard contradictory accounts of the banquet.
(c) He is not accustomed to these people’s customs.
(d) His pen is too feeble.
2. What is the occasion for the banquet at State Counsellor Berendyev’s house?
(a) State Counsellor Berendyev’s retirement.
(b) Klara Olsufyevna’s birthday.
(c) Klara Olsufyevna’s engagement.
(d) Olsufy Ivanovich’s promotion.
3. How does Golyadkin Junior annihilate Golyadkin in the office?
(a) By wiping his hand after he touches Golyadkin’s hand.
(b) By insulting him in front of His Excellency.
(c) By taking his desk.
(d) By reciting his sins to the workers there.
4. Where is Golyadkin before he enters the banquet?
(a) In his carriage.
(b) In the entryway.
(c) In the alley.
(d) In the back hall entrance stairwell.
5. Which of the following best characterizes Golyadkin’s entrance to the party?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Golyadkin Junior tell Golyadkin about his living arrangements?
2. What happens when Golyadkin offers Klara Olsufyevna his hand?
3. Which of the following best describes Golyadkin’s mood when he finally enters the party?
4. How does Golyadkin refer to Olsufy Ivanovich?
5. What is Golyadkin’s frame of reference for understanding the banquet?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)