|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Golyadkin say it is sinful to do?
(a) Send a guest away.
(c) Mock your host.
(d) Abuse someone’s charity.
2. What does Golyadkin believe Golyadkin Junior is responsible for when he sees him in his sleeplessness?
(a) His fall from grace.
(b) His desire for attention and approval.
(c) His bestial impulses.
(d) His theft of the wallet full of rubles.
3. How does Golyadkin characterize his own behavior toward his guest?
(a) As unprecedented.
(b) As highly unusual.
(c) As highly proper.
(d) As strictly charitable.
4. How does the narrator characterize his account of this story?
5. Why can’t Golyadkin protest against injury in his sleepless visions?
(a) Because he has done things that are much worse than anything that has been done to him.
(b) Because he has participated in a kind of insult himself.
(c) Because he himself has received only minor injuries in his lifetime.
(d) Because he does not deserve the respect of being able to protest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Golyadkin think he can appeal to?
2. Which of the following best characterizes Golyadkin’s entrance to the party?
3. How does Golyadkin act toward his double at his house?
4. What is Olsufy Ivanovich’s disability?
5. Where is Golyadkin before he enters the banquet?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)