|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes Golyadkin’s entrance to the party?
2. What is Golyadkin’s frame of reference for understanding the banquet?
(a) Personal experience.
(b) Newspaper accounts.
(d) Cheap French novels.
3. What do the cabbies tell Golyadkin when he asks them to take him to the office in his dream-state?
(a) They have orders not to take him to the office.
(b) They have already taken him.
(c) They cannot take a man who is two men.
(d) He has to pay for the trip he just took.
4. What is the occasion for the banquet at State Counsellor Berendyev’s house?
(a) Olsufy Ivanovich’s promotion.
(b) Klara Olsufyevna’s birthday.
(c) Klara Olsufyevna’s engagement.
(d) State Counsellor Berendyev’s retirement.
5. How does Golyadkin refer to Olsufy Ivanovich?
(a) As his benefactor.
(b) As his tormentor.
(c) As his uncle.
(d) As his good friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the outcome of Golyadkin’s appeal to Andrey Filippovich?
2. What time is it when Golyadkin finally gets out of bed?
3. Where is Golyadkin before he enters the banquet?
4. How did the previous day’s events affect Golyadkin?
5. What happens when Golyadkin tries to address Klara Olsufyevna?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)