1. What is Yakov Petrovich Golyadkin’s rank?
(c) Titular counselor.
2. What season does The Double take place in?
3. How much money does Golyadkin have in his wallet, which he counts over and over again?
(a) 50 rubles.
(b) 250 rubles.
(c) 750 rubles.
(d) 150 rubles.
4. What amount of money is this?
(a) A paltry sum.
(b) A good deal.
(c) Enough to furnish a small flat.
(d) Enough to go out for dinner.
5. What is Golyadkin’s feeling about the money in his wallet?
(a) He is delighted.
(b) He despairs that it won’t be enough.
(c) He is apprehensive about what to spend it on.
(d) He is sad because it is already spent.
6. How does Dostoevsky describe Golyadkin’s appearance?
7. When Golyadkin wakes up, Dostoevsky says that he discovers he lives in Petersburg, not in some other place: where is that other place?
(a) A faery realm.
(b) His hometown.
(c) A hell of sorts.
(d) a palace.
This section contains 4,751 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)