|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are only the women present for dinner the evening of the fog in Section 8?
(a) The men are in the arena.
(b) The men are jousting.
(c) The men stand guard.
(d) The men are at war.
2. What is the relationship between Sir Hugh and Sir Peter?
(a) They are enemies.
(b) They are friends.
(c) They are not friendly.
(d) They are political rivals.
3. What does John make sure Robin knows before he leaves to visit his mother?
(a) How to shoot a bow.
(b) How to play the harp.
(c) How to say his prayers.
(d) How to get to John’s mother’s home.
4. What do the ruffians do when they see Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin escaping the inn?
(a) They follow.
(b) The let them go.
(c) They ignore them.
(d) They yell at them.
5. How does Robin get away from the Welsh soldiers?
(a) He says the castle is near.
(b) He says he is a monk.
(c) He says he is son of the king.
(d) He says the cottage is near.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John signal the person who allows them access to town in Section 9?
2. In Section 8, who does the guardsman think might attack in the fog?
3. How do Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin escape the inn?
4. How does John make money while Robin plays in Section 7?
5. What does Brother Luke do on Robin’s return in Section 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens before the end of the day in Section 8? What does that mean for the people of the town? Where are they?
2. How are Robin and John-go-in-the-Wynd greeted on their arrival back into the castle in Section 10? What is given to John, and how does Brother Luke reward him?
3. Describe the fair Robin and his caretakers attend. What activities are there, and what does Robin see that amuses him?
4. Describe Robin’s swim across the river in Section 9. What drives him to keep going, and what challenges his ambitions?
5. Why is everyone nervous at the castle the night of the fog? What are they afraid of?
6. How does Robin gain access back into the town in Section 9? How does he physically get back inside the walls?
7. Explain the news Adam the yeoman brings to Sir Peter in the hall. What is the situation?
8. Explain how Robin comes to be the caretaker of D’Ath.
9. Explain why food supplies are so low within the castle in Section 9. What else is low?
10. Describe the woods where Robin’s group eats, and the cabin where they sleep the night before they enter Lindsay.
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)