|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the letter to his father does Robin change in Section 3?
(a) He changes the tone.
(b) None of it.
(c) He signs it differently.
(d) He changes all of it.
2. What does Robin begin to feel in Section 3 that he will be able to do soon?
(a) He will be able to walk.
(b) He will be able to read.
(c) He will be able to sing.
(d) He will be able to write.
3. Where is Robin’s mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is in Wales.
(b) She is dead.
(c) She is in Lindsay.
(d) She is caring for the Queen.
4. Why does Brother Luke say he wants to teach Robin the specific ability he begins teaching the boy in Section 4?
(a) To make him more intelligent.
(b) To make him stronger.
(c) To make him fit in.
(d) To make him able to get away, if needed.
5. What does Brother Luke give Robin to eat when he first meets him?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who teaches Robin about the stars?
2. What does Robin ask Brother Luke to do in Section 3?
3. Why does Brother Luke keep making Robin continue?
4. What does Robin begin crafting for himself in Section 4?
5. What is Brother Matthew’s response to who Robin blames in Section 3 for his own error?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Robin’s new friendships in Section 4. What do the boys do together, and how does Robin behave around the young children?
2. Describe why Robin wishes to read and write.
3. Explain what Brother Luke means when he says reading is another door in the wall.
4. Describe Brother Luke’s arrival in Section 1, and Robin’s reaction.
5. What happens when Robin goes fishing, and how does this help him gain upper body strength, and determination?
6. Describe the town as it is decorated for Midsummer Eve. What does Robin see?
7. Explain what happened to Robin that makes him require assistance.
8. Describe Robin’s actions, in relation to Ellen, at the beginning of the novel.
9. Explain what Brother Luke does to help Robin gain upper body strength, and how he helps him when his muscles tire.
10. Describe Robin’s letter to his father in Section 3. What does it say, and what is the tone?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)