|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin roast in the fire in Section 5?
2. Where do Brother Luke and Brother Matthews place Robin to sleep the first night of their journey?
(a) In a tree trunk.
(b) In a stable.
(c) In a warm bed.
(d) In front of a fire.
3. Where is Robin’s mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is caring for the Queen.
(b) She is in Wales.
(c) She is in Lindsay.
(d) She is dead.
4. What do Brother Luke and Brother Matthew devise to help Robin travel?
(a) A saddle.
(b) A bed.
(c) A wheelchair.
(d) A car.
5. Who cares for Robin the first few days at the hospice?
(a) Brother Luke.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) Brother Thomas.
(d) Brother John.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is to carry a letter to Robin’s father in Section 3?
2. Why does Brother Luke keep making Robin continue?
3. Why does Brother Luke say he wants to teach Robin the specific ability he begins teaching the boy in Section 4?
4. What is expected of Robin, as the son of a nobleman?
5. What happened two days after Robin’s tenth birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what Robin begins crafting for himself in Section 4, and why it is so important for him to craft this item.
2. Where are Robin’s mother and father in Section 1?
3. What types of lessons does Robin learn from the monks in Section 4, and how do they help him?
4. What is expected of Robin, in terms of his future, and why is this at risk?
5. Describe Robin’s letter to his father in Section 3. What does it say, and what is the tone?
6. Describe St. Mark’s, including the various areas mentioned in the book.
7. What does Brother Luke say about the stars, and what does he question as a result?
8. What does John-go-in-the-Wynd bring back for Robin in Section 5, and what is its significance to the novel, and to Robin?
9. What does Robin mean when he says “hunger sauced it better than the finest cook could have done”?
10. Explain what Brother Luke means when he says reading is another door in the wall.
This section contains 967 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)