|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Matthew’s response to who Robin blames in Section 3 for his own error?
(a) He warns that Robin must learn honesty.
(b) He warns that Robin must learn humility.
(c) He warns that Robin must learn restraint.
(d) He warns that Robin must learn patience.
2. How does Brother Luke get Robin to eat?
(a) He doesn’t.
(b) He asks him to eat until he does so.
(c) He merely waits patiently.
(d) He forces him to eat.
3. What does Brother Luke say about Robin’s letter to his father in Section 3?
(a) It is uninformative.
(b) It is too kind.
(c) It is of questionable worth.
(d) It is harsh.
4. What happens with the plague at the beginning of Section 3?
(a) The plague begins to dissipate.
(b) The plague disappears.
(c) The plague worsens.
(d) The plague kills many.
5. Where is Robin’s father at the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is fighting the Welsh war.
(b) He is fighting the Irish war.
(c) He is fighting the North war.
(d) He is fighting the Scottish war.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Brother Luke called Chaucer?
2. What does Robin begin to feel in Section 3 that he will be able to do soon?
3. With whom does Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin share their meal in the rain?
4. Who is to carry a letter to Robin’s father in Section 3?
5. In Section 5, what does Robin say is a real adventure?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happened to Robin that makes him require assistance.
2. Explain what Robin begins crafting for himself in Section 4, and why it is so important for him to craft this item.
3. Describe the first morning on the road in Section 5. What did the group eat, and who did they meet?
4. What is expected of Robin, in terms of his future, and why is this at risk?
5. Where are Robin’s mother and father in Section 1?
6. Describe Robin’s letter to his father in Section 3. What does it say, and what is the tone?
7. Describe St. Mark’s, including the various areas mentioned in the book.
8. Describe the journey to St. Mark’s.
9. What does John de Bureford write in his letter to Robin? What does this mean for the young man?
10. Describe why Robin wishes to read and write.
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)