|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of Sir Peter in Section 9?
(a) Hugh Fitzhugh.
(b) John the Minstrel.
(c) Brother Luke and the Monks.
(d) Jack Lawson.
2. What does Adam say about the strength of the attacking army?
(a) It is small.
(b) It is unknown.
(c) It is large.
(d) It is unbeatable.
3. What news does Adam the Yeoman bring?
(a) The English have attacked.
(b) The Germans have attacked.
(c) The Scottish have attacked.
(d) The Welsh have attacked.
4. What does Robin pretend to be, in order to not be suspected in Section 9?
(a) A knight.
(b) A peasant.
(c) A monk.
(d) A king.
5. What does Sir Peter hail Robin as in Section 10?
6. What substance could hide soldiers attacking the castle?
7. What does Robin hear the men beneath them at the inn trying to plan?
(a) Killing them.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Robbing them.
(d) Kidnapping Robin.
8. What do Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin realize they have done to become lost?
(a) Taken the wrong fork.
(b) Followed the wrong river.
(c) Asked the wrong peasant.
(d) Chose the wrong forest.
9. What does John continue to do in Section 6, even when Luke wakes him?
(a) He tosses and turns.
(b) He talks in his sleep.
(c) He snores.
(d) He mumbles.
10. What does Robin’s father say about his disability at the end of the novel?
(a) It is too much to bear.
(b) It is a problem.
(c) His other talents outshine it.
(d) It is nothing that can’t be fixed.
11. Who does Robin wait with, as he waits for his father in Section 10?
(a) Sir Peter.
(c) Brother Luke.
(d) Lady Constance.
12. What food is made for Robin before he falls asleep when he reaches his destination in Section 9?
13. Who does Robin wake first?
(a) Brother Luke.
(b) Brother Matthew.
14. What do Brother Luke and John request of Robin in Section 6?
(a) That he sing.
(b) That he do his daily swim.
(c) That he walk.
(d) That he say his prayers.
15. Why are only the women present for dinner the evening of the fog in Section 8?
(a) The men are in the arena.
(b) The men are at war.
(c) The men are jousting.
(d) The men stand guard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What helps pass the time, for Robin, on the long journey to his father?
2. In which hostel do Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin stay the second evening of their journey?
3. What does Robin say about the students in town?
4. How does Robin make his way inside the town in Section 9?
5. What does Robin chastise himself for doing - even in joy – in Section 10?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)