|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does John make money while Robin plays in Section 7?
(a) He wins at cards.
(b) He plays the harp.
(c) He wins at betting.
(d) He plays the games.
2. What substance could hide soldiers attacking the castle?
3. What does Robin worry about with Sir Peter?
(a) Whether or not he will accept Robin.
(b) Whether or not he is kind.
(c) Whether or not he is cruel.
(d) Whether or not he is still alive.
4. What does John show Robin one last time before he leaves?
(a) How the harp fits together.
(b) His bible.
(c) How he sings to the flute.
(d) His journal.
5. Where is Lady Constance to bring the women and children in Section 8?
(a) The arena.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The keep.
(d) The dungeon
6. What does Robin wonder at the beginning of Section 8?
(a) Whether his mother is dead.
(b) Whether he will ever walk.
(c) Whether he will be a knight.
(d) Whether his father will be proud.
7. How does Robin make it back to the castle in Section 9?
(a) He walks.
(b) John carries him.
(c) He rides a horse.
(d) Brother Luke carries him.
8. What does Brother Luke say at the end of the novel?
(a) Robin has found the window in the wall.
(b) Robin has found the window in the door.
(c) Robin has found the door in the wall.
(d) Robin has found the hole in the door.
9. What causes Robin to finally stop swimming?
(a) The coming of fall.
(b) The coming of winter.
(c) The coming of summer.
(d) The coming of spring.
10. Why is John certain Sir Peter will remember him?
(a) He helped him when he afraid.
(b) He helped him when he was lost.
(c) He helped him when he was wounded.
(d) He helped him when he blind.
11. What phrase does John say when Robin notes he can do it in Section 8?
(a) Anyone can do it.
(b) No one can do it.
(c) Someone else will do it.
(d) Anyone can not do it.
12. Why are only the women present for dinner the evening of the fog in Section 8?
(a) The men are at war.
(b) The men are in the arena.
(c) The men are jousting.
(d) The men stand guard.
13. In Section 8, who does the guardsman think might attack in the fog?
(a) The English.
(b) The Scottish.
(c) The Germans.
(d) The Welsh.
14. What reference does Peter use in Section 7 that Robin has previously heard?
(a) A wall.
(b) A door.
(c) A window.
(d) A sunny day.
15. In Section 9, what caused an impasse in the conflict?
(a) The Welsh were strong.
(b) The snow did not dissipate.
(c) The fog did not lift.
(d) The English were strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin learn in making the harp?
2. Who does Robin wake first?
3. How does Robin know the coming group in Section 10 includes his father?
4. What does John continue to do in Section 6, even when Luke wakes him?
5. What does Robin keep in his pocket for the gatekeeper?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)