|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 3, what does Brother Luke point out is another door in the wall?
2. How does Robin begin to tell who is coming to the room in Section 2?
(a) He can tell by the sound of their voices.
(b) He can tell by their scent.
(c) He can tell by the sound of their footfalls.
(d) He can tell by the time of day.
3. How does Brother Luke get Robin to eat?
(a) He doesn’t.
(b) He forces him to eat.
(c) He merely waits patiently.
(d) He asks him to eat until he does so.
4. What does Brother Luke say crutches can be, for Robin?
(a) A hole in the door.
(b) A door in the wall.
(c) A way in.
(d) A way out.
5. What does Robin do in the water to fool Brother Luke in Section 4?
(a) He splashes him.
(b) He hides from him.
(c) He pretends to walk.
(d) He pretends to swim.
6. What is Brother Matthew’s response to who Robin blames in Section 3 for his own error?
(a) He warns that Robin must learn patience.
(b) He warns that Robin must learn restraint.
(c) He warns that Robin must learn honesty.
(d) He warns that Robin must learn humility.
7. What is the wooden object Robin begins whittling at the opening of Section 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cross.
(c) A doll.
(d) A harp.
8. What does Robin learn in Section 4 that he will soon be using to move around?
(b) A skateboard.
(c) A boat.
(d) A wheelchair.
9. Who arrives to finally help Robin in Section 1?
(a) Brother Luke.
(b) Brother Carl.
(d) Brother Matthew.
10. Where is Robin taken to continue his whittling in Section 3?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The garden.
(c) The sitting room.
(d) The stables.
11. What is Robin doing when a message arrives for him in Section 5?
(a) He is turning pages for the choir.
(b) He is swimming.
(c) He is dancing.
(d) He is whittling.
12. In Section 1, what does Brother Luke explain has happened to Ellen?
(a) She has quit.
(b) She has retired.
(c) She has been stricken with plague.
(d) She has been killed.
13. Who is the author of the letter Robin receives in Section 5?
(a) His sister.
(b) Brother Luke.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
14. What happened two days after Robin’s tenth birthday?
(a) He was taken to Lindsay.
(b) He was taken hostage.
(c) He became paralyzed.
(d) He was sent to his father.
15. What does Robin begin to feel in Section 3 that he will be able to do soon?
(a) He will be able to walk.
(b) He will be able to read.
(c) He will be able to sing.
(d) He will be able to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do the boys in Section 4 play in the sand?
2. How does Robin get to the hospice?
3. What does Robin put on his creation in Section 4 to complete it?
4. Who shows Robin how to fasten the pieces of the cross he made?
5. What is Robin’s immediate concern about his new mode of transportation in Section 4?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)