|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What feeling does Robin have as he works in the garden in Section 3?
2. What action does Robin’s father put into place in Section 5?
(a) Robin is to be taken to Sir Peter.
(b) Robin is to be taken to a surgeon.
(c) Robin is to be taken to boarding school.
(d) Robin is to be taken home.
3. Why does Robin become angry at the young man in Section 2 for teasing him?
(a) He believes the young man is making fun of him.
(b) He believes the boy is cruel.
(c) He believes the boy is only pretending to be crippled.
(d) He believes the boy is angry.
4. Where is Robin’s mother at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is caring for the Queen.
(b) She is in Wales.
(c) She is in Lindsay.
(d) She is dead.
5. Who cares for Robin the first few days at the hospice?
(a) Brother Luke.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) Brother John.
(d) Brother Thomas.
6. With whom does Brother Luke, Brother Matthews, and Robin share their meal in the rain?
(a) A minstrel.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A king.
(d) A knight.
7. What is the wooden object Robin begins whittling at the opening of Section 4?
(a) A boat.
(b) A cross.
(c) A doll.
(d) A harp.
8. Who shows Robin how to fasten the pieces of the cross he made?
(a) Brother Mark.
(b) Brother Matthew.
(c) Brother Luke.
(d) Brother John.
9. What is part of Brother Luke’s position at the monastery that Robin finds fascinating?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a knight.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an actor.
10. What is expected of Robin, as the son of a nobleman?
(a) He is expected to be a blacksmith.
(b) He is expected to be a teacher.
(c) He is expected to be king.
(d) He is expected to be a knight.
11. Who is to carry a letter to Robin’s father in Section 3?
(a) Brother Luke.
(c) Brother Matthew.
(d) John the Baptist.
12. What does Robin do in the water to fool Brother Luke in Section 4?
(a) He splashes him.
(b) He hides from him.
(c) He pretends to swim.
(d) He pretends to walk.
13. Who or what does Robin initially blame for his accident in Section 3?
(a) The tool.
(b) Brother John.
(d) Brother Matthew.
14. What does Robin ask Brother Luke to do in Section 3?
(a) Help him learn to walk again.
(b) Help him write a letter.
(c) Help him learn to cook.
(d) Help him learn to dance.
15. Why was Brother Luke called Chaucer?
(a) His uncle was a shopkeeper.
(b) His mother was a seamstress.
(c) His father was a shoemaker.
(d) His father was a knight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who reads Robin the letter he receives in Section 5?
2. Where do Brother Luke and Brother Matthews place Robin to sleep the first night of their journey?
3. What does Brother Luke suggest to help Robin pass the time in Section 2?
4. Who teaches Robin about the stars?
5. Why does the adventure in Section 5 please Robin?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)