|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action does Robin’s father put into place in Section 5?
(a) Robin is to be taken to Sir Peter.
(b) Robin is to be taken home.
(c) Robin is to be taken to a surgeon.
(d) Robin is to be taken to boarding school.
2. Who arrives to finally help Robin in Section 1?
(b) Brother Luke.
(c) Brother Matthew.
(d) Brother Carl.
3. What does Robin help all the little boys make in Section 4?
(a) He helps them make crutches.
(b) He helps them make crosses.
(c) He helps them make boats.
(d) He helps them make dolls.
4. What does Brother Luke explain about nicknames?
(a) They are often outlandish.
(b) They are often terms of endearment.
(c) They are meant to be cruel.
(d) They are always foolish.
5. What does Brother Luke give Robin to eat when he first meets him?
6. In Section 1, what does Brother Luke explain has happened to Ellen?
(a) She has been killed.
(b) She has been stricken with plague.
(c) She has quit.
(d) She has retired.
7. In Section 1, what does Brother Luke explain about always finding a way through?
(a) He explains there is always a door in the wall.
(b) He explains there is always a person to help.
(c) He explains there is always a wall in a garden.
(d) He explains there is always a way to cut vines.
8. What does Robin begin to feel in Section 3 that he will be able to do soon?
(a) He will be able to walk.
(b) He will be able to write.
(c) He will be able to read.
(d) He will be able to sing.
9. Where is Robin’s father at the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is fighting the Welsh war.
(b) He is fighting the Scottish war.
(c) He is fighting the North war.
(d) He is fighting the Irish war.
10. In Section 3, what does Robin say to his father in the letter about his legs?
(a) He says they are like two boat anchors.
(b) He says they are like two sausages.
(c) He says they are like two dead weights.
(d) He says they are like two hamburger patties
11. Who reads Robin the letter he receives in Section 5?
(c) He reads it himself.
12. What part of the letter to his father does Robin change in Section 3?
(a) He changes the tone.
(b) He changes all of it.
(c) None of it.
(d) He signs it differently.
13. Who cares for Robin the first few days at the hospice?
(a) Brother Thomas.
(b) Brother Michael.
(c) Brother John.
(d) Brother Luke.
14. What does Robin pretend to do when Ellen arrives in Section 1?
15. What does Robin wonder about his father at the end of Section 2?
(a) Whether he will teach him to fight.
(b) Whether he will ever return.
(c) Whether he will succeed in battle.
(d) Whether he will accept his crippled son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Robin initially blame for his accident in Section 3?
2. Who resides in the almonry of St. Luke’s?
3. How does Robin get to the hospice?
4. What interrupts the serene day at the river in Section 4?
5. What can Brother Hubert teach Robin?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)