|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pg 18 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Robin ask Brother Luke to teach him?
(a) To cook
(b) To sing.
(c) To read.
(d) To sew.
2. What smell begins making Robin sick as Ellen tries to feed him?
(a) The smell of her perfume.
(b) Putrid fish from the market.
(c) The smell of porridge.
(d) The smell of his waste.
3. Where is Robin’s father at the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is fighting the North war.
(b) He is fighting the Welsh war.
(c) He is fighting the Scottish war.
(d) He is fighting the Irish war.
4. Why was Brother Luke called Chaucer?
(a) His father was a shoemaker.
(b) His uncle was a shopkeeper.
(c) His father was a knight.
(d) His mother was a seamstress.
5. Why does Brother Luke keep making Robin continue?
(a) He is tired of dealing with Robin.
(b) He is teaching him quality workmanship.
(c) He waits for Robin to give up.
(d) He is a perfectionist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Luke suggest to help Robin pass the time in Section 2?
2. What does Robin do with the porridge in Section 1?
3. What is part of Brother Luke’s position at the monastery that Robin finds fascinating?
4. In Section 1, what does Brother Luke explain has happened to Ellen?
5. How does Robin begin to tell who is coming to the room in Section 2?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)