|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 2, pg 18 - 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Section 1, what does Brother Luke explain about always finding a way through?
(a) He explains there is always a person to help.
(b) He explains there is always a door in the wall.
(c) He explains there is always a wall in a garden.
(d) He explains there is always a way to cut vines.
2. Where is Robin’s father at the beginning of the novel?
(a) He is fighting the Welsh war.
(b) He is fighting the Irish war.
(c) He is fighting the Scottish war.
(d) He is fighting the North war.
3. What is part of Brother Luke’s position at the monastery that Robin finds fascinating?
(a) He is an actor.
(b) He is a writer.
(c) He is a knight.
(d) He is a doctor.
4. What happened two days after Robin’s tenth birthday?
(a) He was sent to his father.
(b) He was taken to Lindsay.
(c) He was taken hostage.
(d) He became paralyzed.
5. Why does Brother Luke keep making Robin continue?
(a) He is a perfectionist.
(b) He is tired of dealing with Robin.
(c) He is teaching him quality workmanship.
(d) He waits for Robin to give up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Robin pretend to do when Ellen arrives in Section 1?
2. Who resides in the almonry of St. Luke’s?
3. Why does Robin become angry at the young man in Section 2 for teasing him?
4. What does Ellen do in response to Robin’s outburst regarding the porridge?
5. Who is Millicent?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)