|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ray spend the night?
2. What does Ray find destroyed at the Tabernacle?
3. What does Norma do when she gets restless again?
4. What is noticeable about the item in #122?
5. What accident does Ray have on the way to the Dupree farm?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the trip back to town for Ray and the boys.
2. What becomes of Guy?
3. What forces Ray and the others to take shelter at the Fort George Hotel?
4. What had happened to Jack after he and Ray parted company?
5. What is the reason that Norma had followed Guy during his travels?
6. What happens on the way to the Dupree farm when Ray plans to make one final attempt to contact Norma?
7. What possibility about the situation with Norma has Ray not considered?
8. What is Ray's plan for whisking Norma away from the farm if he has no vehicle?
9. How does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie once again?
10. What is the irony of Ray's trip to Belize given the current state of his marriage to Norm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast Ray and Guy. Both men want influence over Norma but have their hold on her in very different ways. Why are their differences classic examples of conflict in drama? What other similarities and dissimilarities are there between the two characters?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the ongoing conflict between Ray and Norma. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Norma learn about the reality of her life with Ray as opposed to the perceptions she has held for so long?
Essay Topic 3
Create a brief character study of Dr. Reo Symes. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)