|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mrs. Symes shows a _______________ movie to the local children.
2. What kind of vehicle does Christine have?
3. Why is Ray not too happy with Norma?
4. What do Ray and the boys encounter as they walk?
5. Ray and Norma later learn that Guy ended up in ____________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Christine do that angers Ray, and why does he take Victor and Spooner with him to the Dupree farm?
2. What becomes of Ray and Norma after they return home?
3. What dire news does Ray receive when he returns to the Tabernacle in town?
4. What surprise does Ray get when he and Christine help at the hospital?
5. What possibility about the situation with Norma has Ray not considered?
6. Why has Norma been in the hospital?
7. What forces Ray and the others to take shelter at the Fort George Hotel?
8. What does Ray find at Leet's Motor Ranch that angers him?
9. What becomes of Guy?
10. What is Ray's plan with the two boys to gain entrance into Guy's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a brief character study of Norma Midge. What does she look like? What are her positive personality traits? What are some of her negative characteristics? What are her hopes and fears? What motivates her during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 2
Create a brief character study of Guy Dupree. What does he look like? What are his positive personality traits? What are some of his negative characteristics? What are his hopes and fears? What motivates him during his lifetime?
Essay Topic 3
A sub-plot of "The Dog of the South" is the study of a mother and son relationship. Define the relationship between Dr. Symes and his mother. Why was it so combative? What long-term effect did the relationship have on Dr. Symes' life? How does Mrs. Symes come to terms with this primary relationship?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)