|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Ray brought from home as collateral for a loan?
(a) Property deeds.
(b) Car keys.
(d) Sterling silver pieces.
2. What is noticeable about the item in #122?
(a) It is deep in mud.
(b) It is soaking wet.
(c) It is not moving.
(d) It is smoking.
3. What does Ray do when he returns to his room?
(a) Orders room service.
(b) Takes a shower.
(c) Takes a nap.
(d) Sends a telegram.
4. Where does Ray find Norma?
(a) At a gas station.
(b) At a hotel.
(c) At a grocery store.
(d) At the hospital.
5. Where does Ray spend the night?
(a) In Norma's hospital room.
(b) In a clinic.
(c) At a new hotel.
(d) With Christine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Symes discover at his mother's house?
2. Why is Ray not too happy with Norma?
3. What is Ray's primary goal?
4. What purposed does Mrs. Symes want the person in #134 to use the money?
5. Who has left notes on the car offering to buy it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ray find at Leet's Motor Ranch that angers him?
2. How does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie once again?
3. What is Ray's plan for whisking Norma away from the farm if he has no vehicle?
4. What are the terms of Mrs. Symes' will?
5. What is Dr. Symes' new plan for the island after he discovers some of his mother's insurance checks?
6. What possibility about the situation with Norma has Ray not considered?
7. How do Ray and Norma return to the States, and what is the tone of their trip?
8. Why has Norma been in the hospital?
9. What happens on the way to the Dupree farm when Ray plans to make one final attempt to contact Norma?
10. What forces Ray and the others to take shelter at the Fort George Hotel?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)