|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Ray and the boys eat?
2. Where does Norma go after being discharged from the hospital?
(a) The Dupree farm.
(b) Ray's hotel room.
(c) The airport.
(d) The Tabernacle.
3. What was the stopping point for Guy in his pursuits?
(b) Belize City.
(c) Mexico City.
(d) San Miguel.
4. What does Ray see at Leet's Motor Ranch?
(a) A VW van.
(b) His own Ford Torino.
(c) A Chevy van.
(d) Dr. Symes' bus.
5. What accident does Ray have on the way to the Dupree farm?
(a) He spins on some spilled oil.
(b) He hits a tree.
(c) He runs over a dead cow.
(d) He hits a car head-on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray want to do with some of the money he gets?
2. Why are drunks celebrating in the streets?
3. What did Mrs. Symes leave to her son in her will?
4. Where do Ray and the others go to try to wait out the storm?
5. What has Ray brought from home as collateral for a loan?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on the way to the Dupree farm when Ray plans to make one final attempt to contact Norma?
2. What is Ray's plan for whisking Norma away from the farm if he has no vehicle?
3. How does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie once again?
4. How is the tropical storm symbolic of Ray's life?
5. What possibility about the situation with Norma has Ray not considered?
6. What is Ray's state of mind that he would put the two boys in jeopardy?
7. Why is Guy devastated during his interactions with the radical photographers?
8. What had happened to Jack after he and Ray parted company?
9. What becomes of Guy?
10. Describe Ray's nonchalance upon finding a dead man in his hotel room.
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)