|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Ray and the boys stop long enough to eat?
(b) A roadside park.
(c) Olive Garden.
(d) The Mayan ruins.
2. Where is Norma located when Ray enters Guy's house?
(a) She is in the bedroom.
(b) She is not in the house.
(c) She is in the kitchen.
(d) She is in the garage.
3. After the Buick dies, how do Ray and the boys get to the Dupree farm?
(a) They rent a car.
(b) They walk.
(c) They take a bus.
(d) They hitch a ride.
4. Why was Jack arrested by the local police?
(a) He threatened to kidnap a monkey.
(b) He threatened to burn down the house.
(c) He threatened to kill a monkey.
(d) He threatened to shoot an old man.
5. What has Ray brought from home as collateral for a loan?
(a) Car keys.
(b) Sterling silver pieces.
(d) Property deeds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Norma go after being discharged from the hospital?
2. Why did the photographers have conflict with Guy?
3. What was Dupree supposedly writing?
4. What has Christine asked Ray to do?
5. Where do Ray and the boys spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ray's style of planning for the future?
2. What is Ray's plan for whisking Norma away from the farm if he has no vehicle?
3. Describe the trip back to town for Ray and the boys.
4. Why has Norma been in the hospital?
5. What is the reason that Norma had followed Guy during his travels?
6. What are the factors that combine to finally anger Ray into action and retrieving his wife?
7. What surprise does Ray get when he and Christine help at the hospital?
8. What is Ray's state of mind that he would put the two boys in jeopardy?
9. What is the irony of Ray's trip to Belize given the current state of his marriage to Norm?
10. What has been Norma's contact with Guy since he dropped her off at the hospital?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)