|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ray approach his situation at this point in time?
2. What did Mrs. Symes leave to her son in her will?
(a) Jeans Island.
(c) The Tabernacle.
(d) Her entire estate.
3. What has Ray not considered with his plan?
(a) Norma may not want to go with him.
(b) His getaway car has no headlights.
(c) Norma may be dead.
(d) Guy could easily kill him.
4. Where does Ray find Norma?
(a) At a hotel.
(b) At a grocery store.
(c) At the hospital.
(d) At a gas station.
5. Ray lives his life ___________________.
(a) With purpose.
(b) Like a man possessed.
(c) Cccording to the Bible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Dr. Symes, Melba and Christine discussing when Ray finds them?
2. To whom did Mrs. Symes will quite a bit of cash?
3. Norma tells Ray that Dupree was trying to connect with two people who were __________________.
4. What does Ray find in Guy's house?
5. Where does Ray spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What had happened to Jack after he and Ray parted company?
2. Describe the trip back to town for Ray and the boys.
3. What are the factors that combine to finally anger Ray into action and retrieving his wife?
4. How is the tropical storm symbolic of Ray's life?
5. How do Ray and Norma return to the States, and what is the tone of their trip?
6. How does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie once again?
7. Why has Norma been in the hospital?
8. What is Dr. Symes' new plan for the island after he discovers some of his mother's insurance checks?
9. What is Ray's style of planning for the future?
10. What does Ray find at Leet's Motor Ranch that angers him?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)