|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Symes' assistant?
2. Who is Ray's wife's first husband?
3. What is the name of the hotel where Ray gets a room?
(a) Fair Play Hotel.
(b) Oceanview Hotel.
(c) Belize by the Bay.
(d) Holiday Inn.
4. What is painted on the bus that Ray sees in a trailer park?
(a) God Bless the USA.
(b) America or Bust.
(c) At least my Mama loves me.
(d) The Dog of the South.
5. How did Dr. Symes make some extra money?
(a) He put in some clinic hours.
(b) He showed veterans how to fake heart attacks.
(c) He drove a cab part time.
(d) He sold some antiques.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Ray now recall about Norma's behavior lately?
2. What vehicle does Ray drive on the trip to Mexico?
3. From what state has Dr. Symes been running from the person in #45?
4. What does Ray pass on his way to find Norma and Guy?
5. How did Ray's wife travel to the location in #7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ray's encounter with Guy at the Dupree farm.
2. What does Mrs. Symes believe about her son when she sees him and why will she not give the land in Louisiana to him?
3. Who does Dr. Symes plan to visit in Belize and what is his motive for the visit?
4. What does Dr. Symes blame his failures on and what advice does he give to Ray?
5. What does Ray learn about Dr. Symes on the trip to Belize?
6. What is "The Dog of the South"?
7. How does Ray's character begin to develop and what does it seem will be Ray's perspective on life?
8. How does Ray get Dr. Symes into Belize when Dr. Symes is very ill?
9. Who is Popo, and what is the nature of Ray's encounter with him?
10. What prompted Norma's running away with Guy?
This section contains 1,149 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)