|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man that Dr. Symes is trying to avoid?
2. How does Ray get Dr. Symes out of Mexico?
(a) He puts him on a train.
(b) He does not get him out of Mexico.
(c) He puts him on a small boat.
(d) He hides him in the trunk of the car.
3. What has happened to Ray's Ford Torino?
(a) Guy sold it.
(b) It is in an impound lot.
(c) It is at his mother's house.
(d) It was totalled.
4. What does Dr. Symes show about himself through his conversation?
(a) He is a racist.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is shy.
(d) He is a Catholic.
5. What kind of car is Jack driving on the trip to Mexico?
(a) Pontiac Grand Am.
(b) Chevy Impala.
(c) Ford Taurus.
(d) Chrysler Imperial.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ray have to baby along the trip?
2. What type of establishment did Dr. Symes' mother open on Belize?
3. Who is the Negro boy who works at the hotel?
4. What had Guy recently sent to the President?
5. Who agrees to pay all the expenses for the trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ray determine where Guy has probably taken Norma?
2. Who is Popo, and what is the nature of Ray's encounter with him?
3. What does Mrs. Symes believe about her son when she sees him and why will she not give the land in Louisiana to him?
4. Who does Dr. Symes plan to visit in Belize and what is his motive for the visit?
5. Why does Ray change his mind about riding with Jack to find Norma and Guy?
6. Why did Ray not see the signs that Norma was unhappy in her life?
7. How does Mrs. Symes perceive the arrival of her son in Belize?
8. How does Guy show that he is essentially a low-life character?
9. Who does Ray encounter early in his trip to find Norma and Guy?
10. What were some of Dr. Symes' past schemes according to his mother?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)