|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has been stolen from Jack's car?
(a) Police scanner.
(b) Air conditioner.
2. What does Dr. Symes now want to do on the island?
(a) Create a theme park.
(b) Sell it to the government.
(c) Drill for oil.
(d) Develop condominiums.
3. Why did the photographers have conflict with Guy?
(a) He refused to get them models who would pose nude.
(b) He refused to fund their new studio.
(c) He refused to get drugs for them.
(d) He wanted them to change parts of their political doctrine.
4. Ray and Norma later learn that Guy ended up in ____________________.
(d) The Bahamas.
5. Who offers to drive Ray and Norma back to the U.S.?
(b) Dr. Symes.
(d) Jack Wilkie.
6. What does Ray project about the item in #122?
(a) It will have to be towed back to town.
(b) It will take days to dry out.
(c) It will be submerged in a few hours.
(d) It has too much smoke damage.
7. What kind of vehicle does Christine have?
(a) Volkswagen van.
(c) Chevy van.
(d) Plymouth van.
8. Where do Ray and the others go to try to wait out the storm?
(a) V.F.W. Hall.
(b) City Hall.
(c) Holiday Inn.
(d) Fort George Hotel.
9. What purposed does Mrs. Symes want the person in #134 to use the money?
(a) Set up a homeless shelter.
(b) Community philanthropy.
(c) Music education.
(d) Art education.
10. What does Ray attempt to get from Dr. Symes?
(a) A car.
(b) An airline ticket.
(d) A loan.
11. To whom did Mrs. Symes will quite a bit of cash?
(a) Her church.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her great-granddaughter.
12. Which of the following was NOT sold from the vehicle in #99?
(b) Air conditioner.
(c) Steering wheel.
13. Why are Ray and the others stopped?
(a) To give some food.
(b) To help in a sand-bagging operation.
(c) To find his mother.
(d) To give to the poor.
14. How does Ray get the money he needs?
(a) He sells the Buick.
(b) He takes a part-time job.
(c) He gives blood.
(d) He sells his gun.
15. How far away is Norma from her home this time?
(a) 800 miles.
(b) 50 miles.
(c) 500 miles.
(d) 130 miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Christine taking Melba?
2. Who does Ray take with him to the Dupree farm?
3. What has Ray not considered with his plan?
4. What does Christine decide to do after the storm?
5. Ray decides to pursue graduate work in what field?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)