|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ray prove to Guy that Popo will not be coming?
(a) He hold up his sunglasses.
(b) He shows a letter from Popo.
(c) He shows Popo's airline ticket.
(d) He has a receipt from Popo.
2. How did Ray's wife travel to the location in #7?
(a) Rental car.
(b) Delta Airlines.
(c) Ray's car.
(d) Greyhound bus.
3. What state does the woman in #87 come from?
(a) New Mexico.
4. What vehicle does Ray drive on the trip to Mexico?
(a) Guy's old Buick.
(b) His pickup truck.
(c) A rental car.
(d) Greyhound bus.
5. What prompted Guy to want to leave the area suddenly?
(a) Legal problems.
(b) Some great hotel deals.
(c) A middle age crisis.
(d) Rekindled love for his ex-wife.
6. What is the purpose of the Louisiana island now?
(a) A prison.
(b) A bird sanctuary.
(c) A church mission.
(d) A rehab center.
7. How did Dr. Symes make some extra money?
(a) He put in some clinic hours.
(b) He sold some antiques.
(c) He drove a cab part time.
(d) He showed veterans how to fake heart attacks.
8. What do some Mexicans in the town call white people?
9. What type of establishment did Dr. Symes' mother open on Belize?
(a) A cafe.
(b) An art store.
(c) A jewelry shop.
(d) A church.
10. Where is Norma, according to Guy?
(a) She is gone.
(b) She went shopping.
(c) She is at the beauty salon.
(d) She is at the beach.
11. What does Ray pass on his way to find Norma and Guy?
(a) The Pacific Ocean.
(b) The Blue Ridge Mountains.
(c) Mayan ruins.
(d) The Amazon.
12. Why did Dr. Symes disturb the peace at a church service?
(a) He did not agree with the sermon.
(b) He didn't like the plan to build a new church.
(c) He was asked to leave the choir.
(d) He was protesting abortion.
13. What does Dr. Symes' mother think is wrong with him when she first sees him?
(a) He is drunk.
(b) He is faking.
(c) He is ill.
(d) He is high.
14. Who does Ray send to the police station to find some information?
15. Who does not approve of Dr. Symes' ideas of what to do with the land?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) The contractor.
(c) The zoning commission.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Ray send a wire to get money?
2. Who is the Negro boy who works at the hotel?
3. A couple from _____________ invites Ray to dinner at the campground.
4. Why did Dr. Symes' mother initially go to Belize?
5. Who encourages Ray to follow Norma and Guy?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)