|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state does the woman in #87 come from?
(b) New Mexico.
2. What can Ray see about Guy when he encounters him at the Dupree farm?
(a) He has lost a lot of weight.
(b) He hasn't slept for a long time.
(c) He has been recently beaten.
(d) He is drunk.
3. Where is Norma, according to Guy?
(a) She is at the beauty salon.
(b) She is gone.
(c) She is at the beach.
(d) She went shopping.
4. What is the name of the Louisiana island that Dr. Symes' mother owns?
(a) Thibideaux Island.
(b) Jeans Island.
(c) Pontchartrain Island.
(d) Frenchman's Landing.
5. What is the purpose of the Louisiana island now?
(a) A bird sanctuary.
(b) A prison.
(c) A rehab center.
(d) A church mission.
6. Because Dr. Symes' visa states that he has a car, he can only leave Mexico with ________________.
(a) Car insurance.
(b) A passenger.
(c) His car.
(d) A sober driver.
7. Why is Dr. Symes delirious?
(a) He is in love.
(b) He is ill.
(c) He is on drugs.
(d) He is having a religious experience.
8. Who agrees to pay all the expenses for the trip?
(a) No one.
(b) Mr. Gonzalez.
(c) Ray's mother.
(d) Dr. Symes.
9. Why did Dr. Symes disturb the peace at a church service?
(a) He was protesting abortion.
(b) He didn't like the plan to build a new church.
(c) He was asked to leave the choir.
(d) He did not agree with the sermon.
10. How much money did Ray put up for bail?
11. How does Ray finance his trip to Mexico?
(a) Cashes in savings bonds.
(b) Uses credit cards.
(c) Takes out a bank loan.
(d) Sells the house.
12. It finally dawns on Ray that Guy has taken Norma to _______________.
13. What is Jack Wilkie's job?
(d) Bail bondsman.
14. What does Guy hold while in the hammock in his yard?
(a) A gun and iced tea.
(b) A gun and magazine.
(c) A gun and a beer.
(d) A gun and a cell phone.
15. What is Dr. Symes' latest plan for Jeans Island?
(a) To open a theme park.
(b) To open a nursing home.
(c) To plant coffee beans.
(d) To build a resort.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Dr. Symes' former business partner?
2. Ray uses ________________ to track.
3. In what Texas town does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie?
4. What is the first city Ray reaches in Belize?
5. How did Ray's wife travel to the location in #7?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)