|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ray go to contemplate his next move after the standoff with Guy?
(a) A pool room.
(b) A church.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A hotel bar.
2. What body of water is Ray driving along during the trip?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Atlantic Ocean.
(c) Gulf of Mexico.
(d) Red River.
3. In what Texas town does Ray encounter Jack Wilkie?
(c) El Paso.
4. Who is Ray's wife's first husband?
5. What does Ray keep out of the supplies intended for Guy?
(a) Ball cap.
(c) Valium tablets.
6. How does Ray prove to Guy that Popo will not be coming?
(a) He shows Popo's airline ticket.
(b) He shows a letter from Popo.
(c) He has a receipt from Popo.
(d) He hold up his sunglasses.
7. What does Ray have to baby along the trip?
(a) The car.
(b) His depression.
(c) His bad knee.
(d) Symes' ego.
8. Which relative does Dr. Symes want to visit in Belize?
(a) His mother.
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His sister.
9. Ray knows that his wife is now in _____________.
(a) New Mexico.
10. Who is the man that Ray encounters as the man takes supplies to Guy?
11. Why is Ray forced to use some of Dr. Symes' money?
(a) To buy an airplane ticket.
(b) To buy food.
(c) To pay for the hotel room.
(d) To get the car repaired.
12. What type of establishment did Dr. Symes' mother open on Belize?
(a) An art store.
(b) A jewelry shop.
(c) A church.
(d) A cafe.
13. What is Dr. Symes' latest plan for Jeans Island?
(a) To open a theme park.
(b) To plant coffee beans.
(c) To build a resort.
(d) To open a nursing home.
14. How much money did Ray put up for bail?
15. Who is Mrs. Symes' assistant?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ray return to the Dupree farm?
2. What is the first city Ray reaches in Belize?
3. Dr. Symes sends Ray out to get _________________.
4. How did Dr. Symes make some extra money?
5. Dr. Symes is interested in the deed to a small island in __________________.
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)