|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Symes show about himself through his conversation?
(a) He is a Catholic.
(b) He is manipulative.
(c) He is a racist.
(d) He is shy.
2. Who does Ray send a wire to get money?
(a) His brother.
(b) His neighbor.
(c) His son.
(d) His father.
3. Dr. Symes thinks that all his troubles are rooted in his ___________________.
(a) Mental illness.
4. What does Guy hold while in the hammock in his yard?
(a) A gun and a cell phone.
(b) A gun and magazine.
(c) A gun and a beer.
(d) A gun and iced tea.
5. What had Guy recently sent to the President?
(a) Photos of his dogs.
(b) A job application.
(c) A bomb.
(d) Threatening letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Symes' mother think is wrong with him when she first sees him?
2. Where is Ray's wife as the story opens?
3. What is the name of the Louisiana island that Dr. Symes' mother owns?
4. Who encourages Ray to follow Norma and Guy?
5. What is the purpose of the Louisiana island now?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)