|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tickled Jean's eye on his lucky day?
2. What is Jean doing while the woman he took on a trip writes a note to him?
3. Why does Jean never place a bet on a horse at the track?
4. What holiday is Jean writing about when he is being wheeled down the hall?
5. What is Mirtha Grandchamp?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jean's favorite thing to listen to when he is alone?
2. What does Jean plan to do to keep in touch with his friends?
3. What does Jean think his day at the racetrack represents?
4. What happens when Jean and Vincent go to the horse track?
5. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
6. What did Jean do most of the time while he was on his trip with Josephine?
7. What condition is Jean grateful not to have and why?
8. What does Jean plan to do with the letters he receives from his friends and family?
9. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
10. What do Jean's efforts to keep in touch with his friends cause?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think is the main message Jean wants to send through the narration of his experience with his stroke?
Essay Topic 2
How did Jean's life before his stroke differ from his life after his stroke?
Essay Topic 3
Jean is forced to sacrifice much in order to live his life after his stroke. What are some of these sacrifices and how do they affect the other people around him? Are these sacrifices worth the reward? Why or why not?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)