|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the person Jean dictates his book to?
2. What does Jean start doing when he is on his way to pick up his son?
3. What did it take a year for Jean to be ready to write about?
4. What is Jean doing while the woman he took on a trip writes a note to him?
5. What does Jean like to listen to most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean wake up on his "lucky" day?
2. What makes Jean depressed when he thinks about his former job and co-workers?
3. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
4. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
5. Why does Jean feel he does not belong at the hospital?
6. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
7. What is wrong with Jean's hearing?
8. What does the wax museum symbolize to Jean?
9. What happens when Jean and Vincent go to the horse track?
10. What causes Jean to see that he needs to break up with Josephine?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the ways Jean is able to cope with his immobility, boredom, and loneliness, and what does this indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 2
What significance did the title of the book have on Jean's life while he was healing?
Essay Topic 3
What do you think is the main message Jean wants to send through the narration of his experience with his stroke?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)