|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of place does Jean's father live in?
2. What two words does Jean use to describe the times when all the patients from his corridor are together?
3. Where do patients in the hospital tend to get lost?
4. What kind of test did Jean take after losing so much weight?
5. What is the weather like when Jean wakes from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
2. What is Jean's favorite thing to do when taken to the beach by friends?
3. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
4. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
5. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
6. What does Jean think about as the Summer season comes?
7. Who is Eugenie?
8. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
9. What condition is Jean grateful not to have and why?
10. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
Essay Topic 1
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things Jean compares the patients in his hospital to and why?
Essay Topic 3
What causes Jean to become more faithful and prayerful, and how does this help his healing process?
This section contains 1,101 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)