Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the last lines of his writing about his hospital experience include?
2. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
3. What does Jean not comprehend when he wakes from his coma?
4. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
5. How does the literary figure with Locked-In syndrome get around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
2. What does Jean ask of the reader after telling about his time in Hong Kong?
3. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
4. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
5. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
6. How does Jean communicate, and why?
7. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
10. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Jean. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the feeling of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Human nature is a strong symbol and theme in this book. Where does this symbol appear, and what role does it play in the book?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)