Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would the last lines of his writing about his hospital experience include?
2. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
3. What does Jean not comprehend when he wakes from his coma?
4. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
5. How does the literary figure with Locked-In syndrome get around?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
2. What does Jean ask of the reader after telling about his time in Hong Kong?
3. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
4. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
5. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
6. How does Jean communicate, and why?
7. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
10. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
Essay Topic 1
How do Jean's feelings about and relationship with his caretakers at the hospital change over the course of this narrative?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the ways Jean is able to cope with his immobility, boredom, and loneliness, and what does this indicate about his personality?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Empress Eugenie, and how does she affect Jean during his first months after waking up from his coma?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)