|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What showed Jean the extent of his disabilities?
2. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
3. How does Jean feel when he gets lost in the hospital?
4. How many orderlies are needed to dress Jean after his coma?
5. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
2. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
3. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
4. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
5. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
6. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
7. How does Jean communicate, and why?
8. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
9. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
10. Why is it ironic when people try to finish Jean's sentences?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Jean able to communicate with others after his stroke, and how has this changed his life?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the things Jean compares the patients in his hospital to and why?
Essay Topic 3
How did Jean's life before his stroke differ from his life after his stroke?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)