|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean think when he is put in a wheel chair?
2. How does Jean describe what he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
3. Where does Jean imagine seeing the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
4. How old is Jean's father when Jean has his stroke?
5. What did Jean first see when he woke from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
2. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
3. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
4. What does Brigitte do for Jean at the end of each visit?
5. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
6. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
7. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
8. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
9. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
10. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Literature is very important to Jean during his healing process. How does Jean use literature to help him heal, and why is it so important to him?
Essay Topic 2
Symbolism is a very prevalent literary device used by Jean. What are some of these symbols, and how does their presence affect the feeling of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the things Jean compares the patients in his hospital to and why?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)