|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean's daughter do every night that brings joy to his heart?
2. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
3. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
4. What was being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
5. How long was the author in a coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
2. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
3. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
4. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
5. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
6. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
7. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
8. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
9. What does Brigitte do for Jean at the end of each visit?
10. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jean's life before his stroke differ from his life after his stroke?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message Jean wants to send through the narration of his experience with his stroke?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a central theme of this book. What are the main friendships, and how did their inclusion in this book affect Jean's life while in the hospital?
This section contains 603 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)