|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean tell his father his progress with Sandrine?
2. What does Jean say he feels like he is trapped in?
3. What does Jean compare the patients in his corridor to?
4. How does Jean write his book?
5. What book holds the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
2. Who is Eugenie?
3. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
4. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
5. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
6. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
7. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
8. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
9. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
10. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Jean able to communicate with others after his stroke, and how has this changed his life?
Essay Topic 2
What do you think is the main message Jean wants to send through the narration of his experience with his stroke?
Essay Topic 3
What significance did the title of the book have on Jean's life while he was healing?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)