|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean do to signify which letter he is looking for?
2. What does Jean say he feels like he is trapped in?
3. How long has the author been confined to bed when the book begins?
4. What is Sandrine's occupation?
5. What does Jean think when he is put in a wheel chair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
2. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
3. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
4. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
5. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
6. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
7. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
8. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
9. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
10. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did Jean's life before his stroke differ from his life after his stroke?
Essay Topic 2
Literature is very important to Jean during his healing process. How does Jean use literature to help him heal, and why is it so important to him?
Essay Topic 3
How is Jean able to communicate with others after his stroke, and how has this changed his life?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)