|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do patients in the hospital tend to get lost?
2. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
3. Why was something being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
4. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
5. What would the last lines of his writing about his hospital experience include?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean describe his corridor of the hospital?
2. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
3. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
4. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
5. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
6. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
7. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
8. How does Jean communicate, and why?
9. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
10. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the things Jean compares the patients in his hospital to and why?
Essay Topic 2
Who is Empress Eugenie, and how does she affect Jean during his first months after waking up from his coma?
Essay Topic 3
How is Jean able to communicate with others after his stroke, and how has this changed his life?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)