|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jean say he will never leave?
2. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
3. How many orderlies are needed to dress Jean after his coma?
4. Where does Jean see all the people in his corridor?
5. What is the weather like when Jean wakes from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jean's favorite thing to listen to when he is alone?
2. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
3. How does Jean wake up on his "lucky" day?
4. What happens when Jean and Vincent go to the horse track?
5. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
6. How did Josephine respond when Jean said they needed to end their relationship?
7. What does Jean ask of the reader after telling about his time in Hong Kong?
8. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
9. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
10. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Training and education are topics of discussion in this book. Where do these topics appear in this book, and what effect do they have on the people involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
Diversity and discrimination are two major and related themes in this book. Where do these themes appear, and how do they work together to propel the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the things Jean compares the patients in his hospital to and why?
This section contains 1,159 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)