|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day of the week does Jean dread?
2. What is Jean doing while the woman he took on a trip writes a note to him?
(b) Taking a walk.
(d) Attending a work meeting.
3. What confuses Jean about the outside world?
(a) How little changes.
(b) How the seasons change.
(c) How much people age.
(d) How fast life moves.
4. What does Jean say after buying something for the woman he took on a trip to the place people say he should take a pilgrimage to?
(a) They should get married.
(b) They need to break up.
(c) They need some time apart.
(d) They should do this again.
5. How much does the winning horse win by when Jean is at the race track?
(a) 30 yards.
(b) 10 yards.
(c) 40 yards.
(d) 20 yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jean's closest friends kiss him?
2. Who wandered the streets of Hong Kong with Jean before his stroke?
3. What kind of company did Jean work for before his stroke?
4. Who gives Jean what he needs to help him sleep?
5. How late is Jean in picking up his son in the car he was testing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jean feel he does not belong at the hospital?
2. What causes Jean to see that he needs to break up with Josephine?
3. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
4. What condition is Jean grateful not to have and why?
5. Who is Olivier, and what was he good at?
6. What does Jean plan to do to keep in touch with his friends?
7. How did Josephine respond when Jean said they needed to end their relationship?
8. What does Jean plan to do with the letters he receives from his friends and family?
9. What day of the week does Jean dread the most, and why?
10. Why is Jean not interested in learning why he had his stroke?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)