|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the occupation of Jean's sister-in-law?
2. What is Mirtha Grandchamp?
(a) A bus line.
(b) An owner of a souveiner shop at the beach.
(c) A racing horse.
(d) A restaurant at the beach.
3. What season will bring a new influx of visitors to Jean?
4. What word does Jean use to describe what he hears in the halls of the hospital?
(a) A dull roar.
(c) An interesting orchestration.
(d) Miserable and deafeneing.
5. What wakes up Jean on his "lucky" day?
(a) His feeding machine.
(b) A cate meowing.
(c) A moan of another patient.
(d) The sun.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Jean's best childhood friend?
2. What does Jean start doing when he is on his way to pick up his son?
3. What does Jean need to help him sleep?
4. What was featured on the item Jean bought for the woman he took on his trip?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Jean pictures his friends doing away from the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jean's favorite thing to listen to when he is alone?
2. How does Jean think he will die?
3. What does Jean think his day at the racetrack represents?
4. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
5. What condition is Jean grateful not to have and why?
6. What does Jean ask of the reader after telling about his time in Hong Kong?
7. What is wrong with Jean's hearing?
8. What does Jean think about as the Summer season comes?
9. What does Jean think about after his trip to the beach with his family?
10. What do Jean's efforts to keep in touch with his friends cause?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)