|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean think about when he wants to escape the walls of his hospital?
(a) His dreams.
(b) The beach.
(c) His family.
(d) His past travels.
2. What did Jean feel on his second trip to Paris?
3. What game does Jean play with his son?
(b) I Spy.
4. What was the name of the bar Jean went to in Hong Kong?
(a) Felicitous Bar.
(b) Fong's Bar.
(c) Felix Bar.
(d) Ferutian Bar.
5. What memories are fading for Jean while he is in the hospital?
(a) His childhood memories.
(b) The memories of his life before he was sick.
(c) His memories of his wife and children.
(d) His abilities to read and write.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's favorite season?
2. How much does the winning horse win by when Jean is at the race track?
3. What does Jean imagine living in his head?
4. What is the name of the person Jean once took to the place he is told to take a pilgrimage to?
5. Who gives Jean what he needs to help him sleep?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean think about as the Summer season comes?
2. How did Josephine respond when Jean said they needed to end their relationship?
3. What does Jean plan to do with the letters he receives from his friends and family?
4. What did Jean do most of the time while he was on his trip with Josephine?
5. Why is Jean not interested in learning why he had his stroke?
6. What day of the week does Jean dread the most, and why?
7. Who is Olivier, and what was he good at?
8. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
9. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
10. What does Jean think his day at the racetrack represents?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)