|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(b) Robin Hood.
2. What are the people who crowd into Jean's room wearing?
(a) Blue hats.
(b) Black boots.
(c) Camo gear.
(d) White coats.
3. What is the first thing Jean learns to say after his stroke?
(a) A recipe.
(b) The alphabet.
(c) A song.
(d) His daughter's name.
4. What is Brigitte's occupation?
(a) Massage therapist.
(d) Physical therapist.
5. Who is the first person Sandrine calls when Jean makes significant improvement?
(a) Jean's father.
(b) Jean's daughter.
(c) Jean's sister.
(d) Jean's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What two words does Jean use to describe the times when all the patients from his corridor are together?
2. Where does Jean feel the most trapped?
3. Where do patients in the hospital tend to get lost?
4. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
5. What kind of test did Jean take after losing so much weight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
2. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
3. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
4. How did Josephine respond when Jean said they needed to end their relationship?
5. What does Jean think about as the Summer season comes?
6. What does Jean think about as Claude reads Jean the book he has been writing?
7. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
10. What is Jean's favorite thing to listen to when he is alone?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)