|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean first want to write about his time in the hospital?
(a) A play.
(b) A novel.
(c) A poem.
(d) A short story.
2. What did Jean imagine Eugenie telling him to do?
(a) Get well.
(b) Stay strong.
(c) Write his story.
(d) Be patient.
3. What does Jean's daughter do every night that brings joy to his heart?
(a) Reads to him.
(b) Plays music for him.
(c) Sings to him.
(d) Prays for him.
4. What is the name of the hospital Jean is staying at?
5. What condition was Jean in after his coma?
(a) He was in critical condition.
(b) He was in a general stupor.
(c) He was almost totally normal for a time.
(d) He was in and out of consciousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What calms Jean down the most?
2. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
3. What does Brigitte do for Jean every time before she leaves him?
4. How much weight did Jean lose in 20 weeks?
5. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
2. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
3. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
4. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
5. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
6. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
7. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
8. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
9. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
10. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)