|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean feel when he gets lost in the hospital?
2. When did Jean imagine Eugenie talking to him?
(a) In his dreams.
(b) When he read a book about her.
(c) When he was alone in his room.
(d) When he saw the stained glass window.
3. What does Jean do to signify which letter he is looking for?
(a) Blinks his left eyelid.
(b) Blinks both eyes.
(c) Blinks his right eye.
(d) Nods his head.
4. How many orderlies are needed to dress Jean after his coma?
5. What kind of place does Jean's father live in?
(b) Military Barrack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jean's father not visit the hospital to see Jean?
2. What are the people who crowd into Jean's room wearing?
3. What does Jean think when he is put in a wheel chair?
4. What do some people do when following Jean's code that leads to bad communication?
5. What is the first thing Jean learns to say after his stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
2. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
3. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
4. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
5. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
6. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
7. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
8. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
9. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
10. What does Brigitte do for Jean at the end of each visit?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)