|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was the author in a coma?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 15 days.
2. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
(a) A nut shell.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A flower.
(d) A butterfly.
3. What does Jean refuse to wear while in the hospital?
(a) Nice clothes.
(b) Jogging suits.
(c) Jump suits.
4. How does Jean describe Sandrine's job?
5. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
(a) It was a warning to love his family.
(b) It showed how he would die.
(c) It was foretelling his stroke.
(d) It was the image of what he really wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
2. Which of Jean's systems is most likely to fully recover?
3. What does Jean compare his life at the hospital to?
4. What calms Jean down the most?
5. What showed Jean the extent of his disabilities?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
2. Why does Jean feel he does not belong at the hospital?
3. How does Jean think he will die?
4. Who is Olivier, and what was he good at?
5. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
6. What did Jean do while in Hong Kong?
7. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
8. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
9. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
10. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)