|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say clutters his father's place?
(b) Dirty dishes.
2. What is the only part of his body the author can move at will?
(a) His upper lip.
(b) His left pinky finger.
(c) His right toe.
(d) His left eyelid.
3. What do some people do when following Jean's code that leads to bad communication?
(a) Forget the previous letters.
(b) Give up and walk away.
(c) Rush him.
(d) Finish sentences for him.
4. What was Eugenie's title?
5. What is Brigitte's occupation?
(a) Massage therapist.
(b) Physical therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
2. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
3. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
4. How did Sandrine best help Jean?
5. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
2. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
3. How does Jean describe his corridor of the hospital?
4. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
5. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
6. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
7. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
10. Why is it ironic when people try to finish Jean's sentences?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)