|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean say he prefers to do on his own clothes?
2. How does Jean tell his father his progress with Sandrine?
(a) He sends a video.
(b) He writes to him.
(c) He dictates a letter.
(d) He calls him.
3. How many orderlies are needed to dress Jean after his coma?
4. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
(a) The wheelchair.
(b) A bath tub.
(c) His bed.
(d) A massage table.
5. What homage to Eugenie was placed at the hospital that Jean is staying at?
(a) A statue.
(b) A painting.
(c) A stained glass window.
(d) A mural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
2. What shows Jean the amount of love that the world has for him?
3. What kind of patients does Jean's hospital take care of now?
4. What kind of place does Jean's father live in?
5. What did Jean first see when he woke from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
2. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
3. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
4. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
5. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
6. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
7. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
8. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
9. What did Jean's feeding test show?
10. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)