Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the last lines of his writing about his hospital experience include?
(a) The main character getting up and walking around.
(b) The main character looking sadly out a window.
(c) The main character dying.
(d) The main character committing suicide.
2. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
(a) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Robin Hood.
3. What does Jean not comprehend when he wakes from his coma?
(a) The fate of his family.
(b) His expected lifespan.
(c) The severity of the situation.
(d) His disabilities.
4. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
(a) A bath tub.
(b) A massage table.
(c) The wheelchair.
(d) His bed.
5. How does the literary figure with Locked-In syndrome get around?
(a) He has a wheelchair.
(b) He crawls.
(c) Servants carry him.
(d) He goes nowhere.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sandrine best help Jean?
2. Where does Jean see all the people in his corridor?
3. What kind of hospital is Jean staying in?
4. What does Jean constantly dream about?
5. What does Jean do when visitors do not care to learn his code?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Jean do when he started feeling sick in the car on the night of his stroke?
2. What does Jean ask of the reader after telling about his time in Hong Kong?
3. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
4. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
5. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
6. How does Jean communicate, and why?
7. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
10. What does Jean do when he goes to the beach with his family?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)