|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jean imagine Eugenie telling him to do?
(a) Write his story.
(b) Stay strong.
(c) Get well.
(d) Be patient.
2. Where do patients in the hospital tend to get lost?
(a) The garden.
(b) The caffeteria.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The recreation room.
3. What calms Jean down the most?
4. What does Jean hope his hospital experience really is?
(a) A learning experience.
(b) A punishment.
(c) A dream.
(d) A temporary thing.
5. How long has the author been confined to bed when the book begins?
(a) 12 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 9 months.
(d) 3 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
2. What showed Jean the extent of his disabilities?
3. What is the name of the syndrome the author suffers after his stroke?
4. How does Jean write his book?
5. What month of the year did the author have his stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where has the author spent much of his last year when the book begins?
2. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
3. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
4. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
5. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
6. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
7. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
8. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
9. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
10. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)