|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brigitte do for Jean every time before she leaves him?
(a) Tickles his feet.
(b) Tells him how proud she is of his progress.
(c) Gives him a facial massage.
(d) Kisses his forehead.
2. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
(a) Through vitamin pills.
(b) With vomit reducers.
(c) Through a tube.
(d) With an all liquid diet.
3. What ability does Jean have that most people with his condition do not?
(a) He can swallow.
(b) He can swivel his head.
(c) He can tap his toe.
(d) He can blink his eyes.
4. Where does Jean imagine seeing the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
(a) The beach.
(b) The hospital.
(c) His father's apartment.
(d) The store.
5. What kind of patients does Jean's hospital take care of now?
(a) Special needs patients.
(b) Terminal cases.
(c) General care patients.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean use the recipe his friend sends him while he is in the hospital?
2. Which of Jean's systems is most likely to fully recover?
3. Where does Jean feel the most trapped?
4. Who was Eugenie married to?
5. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
2. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
3. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
4. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
5. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
6. How does Jean communicate, and why?
7. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
8. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
9. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
10. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)