|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shows Jean the amount of love that the world has for him?
(a) The gifts and flowers sent.
(b) The prayers offered on his behalf.
(c) The news articles.
(d) The amount of visitors he gets.
2. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
(c) Robin Hood.
3. How did Sandrine best help Jean?
(a) She helps him be able to move his mouth.
(b) She made the blinking code.
(c) She helped him find a way to escape.
(d) She creates a letter chain for him.
4. What is the name of the syndrome the author suffers after his stroke?
(c) Locked In.
(d) Board Stiff.
5. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean describe Sandrine as a person?
2. Where does Jean see all the people in his corridor?
3. How old is Jean's father when Jean has his stroke?
4. What does Jean compare his life at the hospital to?
5. What ability does Jean have that most people with his condition do not?
Short Essay Questions
1. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
2. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
3. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
4. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
5. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
6. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
7. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
8. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
9. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
10. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)