|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What exhilarates Jean?
(a) Seeing people go home.
(b) Getting new nurses.
(c) A change in routine.
(d) Having visitors.
2. How does Jean describe Sandrine's job?
3. Why does Jean think he keeps dreaming about the same things?
(a) He remembers little else.
(b) He wonders if he could have changed things.
(c) He is dperessed.
(d) His coma locked them in.
4. What kind of patients does Jean's hospital take care of now?
(a) General care patients.
(c) Terminal cases.
(d) Special needs patients.
5. How much weight did Jean lose in 20 weeks?
(a) 66 pounds.
(b) 55 pounds.
(c) 77 pounds.
(d) 44 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
2. What is the first thing Jean learns to say after his stroke?
3. How old is Jean's father when Jean has his stroke?
4. When did Jean imagine Eugenie talking to him?
5. What homage to Eugenie was placed at the hospital that Jean is staying at?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
2. Where has the author spent much of his last year when the book begins?
3. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
4. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
5. What did Jean's feeding test show?
6. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
7. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
8. How does Jean communicate, and why?
9. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
10. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)