|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was something being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
(a) He was bathed every day.
(b) They heard he was going to die.
(c) His larynx collapsed the first tube.
(d) To prevent eye damage.
2. How does Jean use the recipe his friend sends him while he is in the hospital?
(a) He memorizes it for when he gets better.
(b) He imagines making the recipe.
(c) He asks a nurse to make it for him.
(d) He stares at the picture for hours.
3. Where does Jean imagine seeing the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
(a) His father's apartment.
(b) The store.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The beach.
4. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
(a) He dreams about it.
(b) He writes about food.
(c) He uses his memory.
(d) He has visitors sneak food.
5. How much weight did Jean lose in 20 weeks?
(a) 55 pounds.
(b) 66 pounds.
(c) 44 pounds.
(d) 77 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say he prefers to do on his own clothes?
2. What kind of test did Jean take after losing so much weight?
3. What book holds the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
4. What does Jean think when he is put in a wheel chair?
5. What is the only part of his body the author can move at will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
2. What exhilarates Jean during his time at the hospital?
3. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to and why?
4. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
5. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
6. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
7. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
8. How does Jean describe his corridor of the hospital?
9. Who is Eugenie?
10. Where has the author spent much of his last year when the book begins?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)