|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month of the year did the author have his stroke?
2. How does Jean use the recipe his friend sends him while he is in the hospital?
(a) He imagines making the recipe.
(b) He stares at the picture for hours.
(c) He asks a nurse to make it for him.
(d) He memorizes it for when he gets better.
3. How does Jean describe Sandrine's job?
4. How does Jean feel when he gets lost in the hospital?
5. Why was Eugenie interested in the hospital Jean was staying at?
(a) She liked getting away from the hospital.
(b) She wanted to be a doctor.
(c) She was the patron.
(d) She heard about Jean.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean do when visitors do not care to learn his code?
2. What does Jean refuse to wear while in the hospital?
3. What kind of test did Jean take after losing so much weight?
4. How much weight did Jean lose in 20 weeks?
5. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Jean to see that he needs to break up with Josephine?
2. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
3. What does Jean think about after his trip to the beach with his family?
4. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
5. What does the wax museum symbolize to Jean?
6. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
7. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
8. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
9. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
10. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)