|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jean describe Sandrine's job?
2. What kind of hospital is Jean staying in?
(a) A Naval hospital.
(b) An Army hospital.
(c) An intensive care hospital.
(d) A children's hospital.
3. How does Jean use the recipe his friend sends him while he is in the hospital?
(a) He stares at the picture for hours.
(b) He memorizes it for when he gets better.
(c) He asks a nurse to make it for him.
(d) He imagines making the recipe.
4. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
(a) It was the image of what he really wanted.
(b) It was a warning to love his family.
(c) It was foretelling his stroke.
(d) It showed how he would die.
5. What did Jean first see when he woke from his coma?
(a) A tall man in a suit.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean compare his life at the hospital to?
2. What do some people do when following Jean's code that leads to bad communication?
3. Where does Jean feel the most trapped?
4. How does Jean describe what he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
5. How does Jean feel when he gets lost in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
2. What did Jean's feeding test show?
3. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
4. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
5. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
6. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
7. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
8. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
9. How does Jean communicate, and why?
10. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)