|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
2. How many other patients like Jean are there at his hospital?
3. Why was something being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
(a) His larynx collapsed the first tube.
(b) To prevent eye damage.
(c) They heard he was going to die.
(d) He was bathed every day.
4. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
(a) A massage table.
(b) The wheelchair.
(c) His bed.
(d) A bath tub.
5. What do some people do when following Jean's code that leads to bad communication?
(a) Rush him.
(b) Finish sentences for him.
(c) Forget the previous letters.
(d) Give up and walk away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's room number?
2. What two words does Jean use to describe the times when all the patients from his corridor are together?
3. Where does Jean say he will never leave?
4. What does Jean say helps his stiff muscles?
5. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
2. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
3. How does Jean describe his corridor of the hospital?
4. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
5. Who is the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome?
6. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
7. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
8. How does Jean describe his father's apartment?
9. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
10. Where do patients in the hospital get lost, and how does Jean feel when he gets lost?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)