|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
(a) Through a tube.
(b) With vomit reducers.
(c) Through vitamin pills.
(d) With an all liquid diet.
2. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
(a) A flower.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A nut shell.
3. What do some people do when following Jean's code that leads to bad communication?
(a) Forget the previous letters.
(b) Rush him.
(c) Give up and walk away.
(d) Finish sentences for him.
4. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
(a) He writes about food.
(b) He uses his memory.
(c) He has visitors sneak food.
(d) He dreams about it.
5. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
(c) Sherlock Holmes.
(d) Robin Hood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean not comprehend when he wakes from his coma?
2. What is the name of Jean's daughter?
3. What did Jean imagine Eugenie telling him to do?
4. Where does Jean say he will never leave?
5. How long has the author been confined to bed when the book begins?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does a friend of Jean's do to help him when he starts missing his favorite foods?
2. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
3. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
4. Why is it ironic when people try to finish Jean's sentences?
5. How does Jean communicate, and why?
6. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
7. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
8. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
9. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
10. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)