Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Jean compare himself to in literature?
(a) Robin Hood.
(b) Sherlock Holmes.
2. What does Jean think about one particular dream he had before his stroke?
(a) It showed how he would die.
(b) It was foretelling his stroke.
(c) It was a warning to love his family.
(d) It was the image of what he really wanted.
3. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
(a) A flower.
(b) A butterfly.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A nut shell.
4. How many orderlies are needed to dress Jean after his coma?
5. Why does Jean think he keeps dreaming about the same things?
(a) He remembers little else.
(b) He wonders if he could have changed things.
(c) He is dperessed.
(d) His coma locked them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean tell his father his progress with Sandrine?
2. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
3. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
4. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
5. What is Brigitte's occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jean think about as he is taken to the hospital on the night of his stroke?
2. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
3. How does Jean describe his corridor of the hospital?
4. What does Brigitte do for Jean at the end of each visit?
5. Where do friends of Jean think he should take a pilgrimage to?
6. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
7. What causes Jean to see that he needs to break up with Josephine?
8. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
9. What happened to Jean on December 6th?
10. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)