|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Jean imagine Eugenie telling him to do?
(a) Stay strong.
(b) Get well.
(c) Write his story.
(d) Be patient.
2. What condition was Jean in after his coma?
(a) He was in and out of consciousness.
(b) He was almost totally normal for a time.
(c) He was in critical condition.
(d) He was in a general stupor.
3. What two words does Jean use to describe the times when all the patients from his corridor are together?
(a) Noisy and gruesome.
(b) Hopeful and happy.
(c) Horrifying and fascinating.
(d) Awful and wonderful.
4. What did Jean first see when he woke from his coma?
(a) A nurse.
(b) His daughter.
(c) A tall man in a suit.
(d) A doctor.
5. How many other patients like Jean are there at his hospital?
Short Answer Questions
1. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
2. How does Jean communicate his emotions?
3. Why was something being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
4. What kind of patients does Jean's hospital take care of now?
5. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Jean's lucky day so funny to him?
2. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
3. What does Jean do to sate his appetite for real food?
4. What is wrong with Jean's hearing?
5. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
6. What does Jean think his day at the racetrack represents?
7. What makes Jean depressed when he thinks about his former job and co-workers?
8. What did Jean do while in Hong Kong?
9. How does Jean communicate, and why?
10. How does Jean communicate with people who come to visit him?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)