|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sandrine best help Jean?
(a) She creates a letter chain for him.
(b) She made the blinking code.
(c) She helped him find a way to escape.
(d) She helps him be able to move his mouth.
2. Where is Jean put after he is dressed by the orderlies?
(a) A massage table.
(b) The wheelchair.
(c) His bed.
(d) A bath tub.
3. How long was the author in a coma?
(a) 10 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 5 days.
4. What does Jean's daughter do every night that brings joy to his heart?
(a) Prays for him.
(b) Sings to him.
(c) Reads to him.
(d) Plays music for him.
5. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
(a) With vomit reducers.
(b) Through a tube.
(c) Through vitamin pills.
(d) With an all liquid diet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the nutrients given to Jean need go directly?
2. What is Jean struggling to maintain when Sandrine starts working with him?
3. Why was something being done to Jean when he woke from his coma?
4. Why does Jean's father not visit the hospital to see Jean?
5. What is the weather like when Jean wakes from his coma?
Short Essay Questions
1. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
2. How does Jean communicate, and why?
3. What does Jean picture the only literary figure with Locked-In syndrome to do?
4. What does Jean prefer to wear while in the hospital and why?
5. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
6. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
7. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
8. How does Jean communicate his fluctuating emotions?
9. What is happening when Jean awakes from his coma?
10. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)