|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jean see all the people in his corridor?
(a) The rehabilitation room.
(b) The gardens.
(c) The hallway.
(d) The caffeteria.
2. How many other patients like Jean are there at his hospital?
3. Why does Jean think he keeps dreaming about the same things?
(a) He is dperessed.
(b) He remembers little else.
(c) His coma locked them in.
(d) He wonders if he could have changed things.
4. What does Jean say is his only true form of escape?
5. What is the only part of his body the author can move at will?
(a) His left pinky finger.
(b) His right toe.
(c) His left eyelid.
(d) His upper lip.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean describe Sandrine's job?
2. How old was Jean's daughter when he had his stroke?
3. What recipe does a friend send to Jean while he is in the hospital?
4. What kind of patients does Jean's hospital take care of now?
5. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What major accomplishment does Jean do with Sandrine's help, and who is notified about this?
2. How does Jean feel about the amount of prayers offered in his behalf?
3. Where does Jean usually see all the other patients from his corridor, and how does he feel about those moments?
4. What happens when Jean wakes up from his coma?
5. What does Jean dream a lot about while in the hospital?
6. What does Jean imagine Eugenie doing?
7. What causes Jean discomfort, and how is this discomfort relieved?
8. How would Jean end the play he wanted to write about his hospital experience?
9. What does Sandrine help Jean to do, and how do the other staff at the hospital respond to this?
10. Why does Jean think he dreams about certain things repeatedly while in the hospital?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)