|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What announces the end of visiting hours at the hospital?
(a) An intercom.
(b) A siren.
(c) A bell tower.
(d) A telelphone call.
2. When do Jean's ears give him the most trouble?
(a) When he has more than one visitor.
(b) When there are birds outside his window.
(c) When his door is left open.
(d) When his daughter sings high pitches.
3. What does Jean say he felt like on the way to the hospital?
(a) Like he was going insane.
(b) Like he was floating away.
(c) Like he was dreaming.
(d) Like he was on LSD.
4. What caused Jean to get soaked on his lucky day?
(a) His IV bag burst.
(b) His feeding tube got dislodged.
(c) The fire sprinklers came on.
(d) His catheter came out.
5. What is the name of the person Jean once took to the place he is told to take a pilgrimage to?
6. What does Jean imagine living in his head?
7. What game does Jean play with his son?
(a) I Spy.
8. Why does Jean dread one day of the week?
(a) It is meatloaf day.
(b) There are no visitors.
(c) His feeding tube is replaced.
(d) His wife comes to visit.
9. What is the name of the person Jean dictates his book to?
10. What confuses Jean about the outside world?
(a) How much people age.
(b) How the seasons change.
(c) How fast life moves.
(d) How little changes.
11. What ceases to be as comforting to Jean a year after his stroke?
(a) Changes in routine.
(b) Small accomplishments.
(c) His memories.
12. Where did Jean see a picture of himself in Hong Kong?
(a) A bus stop.
(b) A telephone booth.
(c) A bill board.
(d) The back of a bar chair.
13. What was featured on the item Jean bought for the woman he took on his trip?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) Mary Magdalene.
(c) The Madonna.
14. What does Jean think about when he wants to escape the walls of his hospital?
(a) The beach.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His past travels.
(d) His family.
15. What was Jean infatuated with when he was at the place people want him to take a pilgrimage to?
(a) His mistress.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A painting.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What changed Jean's mind about the people he hated when he woke from his coma?
2. What condition is Jean grateful to not have?
3. What did it take a year for Jean to be ready to write about?
4. What is Jean's complaint about the beach when he goes there with his friends?
5. What month does Jean write about the day of the week he hates?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)