|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did it take a year for Jean to be ready to write about?
(a) His affair.
(b) His stroke.
(c) His beliefs.
(d) His family.
2. What day of the week does Jean dread?
3. How does Jean feel after his visit with his family outside of the hospital?
(a) Tired but happy.
(b) Guilty but satisfied.
(c) Annoyed but grateful.
(d) Sad but envigorated.
4. Who does Jean not want the reader to tell about his condition?
(a) The bus driver.
(b) The models in the picture.
(c) The Chinese officials.
(d) The bar owner.
5. Where is Jean taken on the holiday when someone wheels him away from the hospital?
(a) A museum.
(b) The beach.
(c) His house.
(d) The gardens.
6. What does Jean like to listen to most?
(b) Pages of a book turning.
(c) His thoughts.
(d) Birds chirping.
7. What season will bring a new influx of visitors to Jean?
8. Who wheels Jean down the hall on a holiday?
(a) His daughter.
(b) His wife.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His nurse.
9. What game does Jean play with his son?
(c) I Spy.
10. What was the name of Jean's best childhood friend?
11. What was Jean supposed to do with his son when he had his stroke?
(a) Go to a play.
(b) Visit a museum.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Have dinner together.
12. What wakes up Jean on his "lucky" day?
(a) A cate meowing.
(b) A moan of another patient.
(c) His feeding machine.
(d) The sun.
13. What does the woman Jean takes on a trip say in a note she leaves him?
(a) She wants him to leave his wife.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She loves him.
(d) She is leaving him.
14. What ceases to be as comforting to Jean a year after his stroke?
(b) Changes in routine.
(c) His memories.
(d) Small accomplishments.
15. How many friends does Jean take down to the beach?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jean feel on his second trip to Paris?
2. What kind of car was Jean testing?
3. Who wandered the streets of Hong Kong with Jean before his stroke?
4. Who did Jean first hate when he woke from his coma?
5. What word does Jean use to describe what he hears in the halls of the hospital?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)