|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jean like to listen to most?
(b) Birds chirping.
(c) Pages of a book turning.
(d) His thoughts.
2. What does the woman Jean takes on a trip say in a note she leaves him?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She loves him.
(c) She wants him to leave his wife.
(d) She is leaving him.
3. What caused Jean to get soaked on his lucky day?
(a) The fire sprinklers came on.
(b) His IV bag burst.
(c) His feeding tube got dislodged.
(d) His catheter came out.
4. What makes Jean feel out of place in the hospital?
(a) His mental capacity.
(b) His memories.
(c) His progress.
(d) His wealth.
5. What was featured on the item Jean bought for the woman he took on his trip?
(a) Mona Lisa.
(b) The Madonna.
(d) Mary Magdalene.
6. How does Jean feel after his visit with his family outside of the hospital?
(a) Annoyed but grateful.
(b) Guilty but satisfied.
(c) Tired but happy.
(d) Sad but envigorated.
7. Where do Jean's closest friends kiss him?
(a) His cheeks.
(b) His forehead.
(c) His lips.
(d) His hand.
8. How does the woman who Jean takes on a trip with him ask him to treat her in her note?
9. Where do people say Jean should take a pilgrimage to?
10. What was Jean infatuated with when he was at the place people want him to take a pilgrimage to?
(a) A magazine.
(b) His mistress.
(c) A painting.
(d) A book.
11. What injury did Jean get during his visit outside of the hospital?
(a) He cut his finger.
(b) He got sunburned.
(c) He sprained his wrist.
(d) He got a bee sting.
12. What is Jean doing while the woman he took on a trip writes a note to him?
(b) Taking a walk.
(c) Attending a work meeting.
13. What was Jean's best childhood friend really good at?
(a) Telling stories.
(b) Reading people.
(c) Drawing beautiful picture.
(d) Running races.
14. How often does Jean plan to write to his family?
(a) Twice a year.
(b) Every month.
(c) Twice a month.
(d) Every week.
15. When do Jean's ears give him the most trouble?
(a) When there are birds outside his window.
(b) When his daughter sings high pitches.
(c) When he has more than one visitor.
(d) When his door is left open.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jean feel on his second trip to Paris?
2. How close do people need to be to Jean for him to hear them?
3. What word does Jean use to describe what he hears in the halls of the hospital?
4. What is Jean's favorite smell at the promenade by the beach?
5. What announces the end of visiting hours at the hospital?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)