|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What injury did Jean get during his visit outside of the hospital?
(a) He cut his finger.
(b) He got sunburned.
(c) He got a bee sting.
(d) He sprained his wrist.
2. How late is Jean in picking up his son in the car he was testing?
(a) 90 minutes.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 30 minutes.
(d) 1 hour.
3. What is wrong with Jean's right ear?
(a) It is hard of hearing.
(b) It is deaf.
(c) It distorts sound of people far away.
(d) It doesn't tune into high pitches.
4. Where is Jean taken on the holiday when someone wheels him away from the hospital?
(a) His house.
(b) A museum.
(c) The beach.
(d) The gardens.
5. What caused Jean to get soaked on his lucky day?
(a) The fire sprinklers came on.
(b) His IV bag burst.
(c) His catheter came out.
(d) His feeding tube got dislodged.
6. What makes Jean feel out of place in the hospital?
(a) His mental capacity.
(b) His memories.
(c) His wealth.
(d) His progress.
7. What does Jean say after buying something for the woman he took on a trip to the place people say he should take a pilgrimage to?
(a) They should do this again.
(b) They need some time apart.
(c) They should get married.
(d) They need to break up.
8. When do Jean's ears give him the most trouble?
(a) When he has more than one visitor.
(b) When there are birds outside his window.
(c) When his door is left open.
(d) When his daughter sings high pitches.
9. What was the name of the bar Jean went to in Hong Kong?
(a) Fong's Bar.
(b) Ferutian Bar.
(c) Felix Bar.
(d) Felicitous Bar.
10. What day of the week does Jean dread?
11. What is Mirtha Grandchamp?
(a) A bus line.
(b) A racing horse.
(c) An owner of a souveiner shop at the beach.
(d) A restaurant at the beach.
12. Who says that Jean should take a pilgrimage?
(a) His ex-wife.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His nurses.
(d) His friends.
13. What announces the end of visiting hours at the hospital?
(a) A bell tower.
(b) A telelphone call.
(c) A siren.
(d) An intercom.
14. What changed Jean's mind about the people he hated when he woke from his coma?
(a) He tried to imagine what their job would be like.
(b) He decided to do without his animosity.
(c) He realized they were doing the best they could.
(d) He saw them crying.
15. What did Jean feel on his second trip to Paris?
Short Answer Questions
1. What time ends visiting hours at the hospital?
2. How does Jean describe the item he buys for the woman he takes on a trip with him?
3. What wakes up Jean on his "lucky" day?
4. What is Jean doing while the woman he took on a trip writes a note to him?
5. What confuses Jean about the outside world?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)