|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Jean learns to say after his stroke?
(a) A song.
(b) His daughter's name.
(c) The alphabet.
(d) A recipe.
2. How many other patients like Jean are there at his hospital?
3. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
(a) He has visitors sneak food.
(b) He uses his memory.
(c) He writes about food.
(d) He dreams about it.
4. When did Jean imagine Eugenie talking to him?
(a) When he saw the stained glass window.
(b) When he read a book about her.
(c) In his dreams.
(d) When he was alone in his room.
5. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
(a) With an all liquid diet.
(b) With vomit reducers.
(c) Through a tube.
(d) Through vitamin pills.
6. What exhilarates Jean?
(a) Seeing people go home.
(b) A change in routine.
(c) Getting new nurses.
(d) Having visitors.
7. How did Sandrine best help Jean?
(a) She creates a letter chain for him.
(b) She helps him be able to move his mouth.
(c) She helped him find a way to escape.
(d) She made the blinking code.
8. Where do the nutrients given to Jean need go directly?
(a) His intestines.
(b) His mouth.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His throat.
9. What is the name of the syndrome the author suffers after his stroke?
(c) Locked In.
(d) Board Stiff.
10. How does Jean tell his father his progress with Sandrine?
(a) He sends a video.
(b) He dictates a letter.
(c) He calls him.
(d) He writes to him.
11. What day of the week did the author have his stroke?
12. What calms Jean down the most?
13. What does Jean say he feels like he is trapped in?
(a) A jail cell.
(b) A diving bell.
(c) A rubber ball.
(d) A battle bunker.
14. Who is the first person Sandrine calls when Jean makes significant improvement?
(a) Jean's daughter.
(b) Jean's sister.
(c) Jean's father.
(d) Jean's mother.
15. What does Jean first want to write about his time in the hospital?
(a) A play.
(b) A poem.
(c) A short story.
(d) A novel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jean's room number?
2. How does Jean communicate his emotions?
3. What does Jean refuse to wear while in the hospital?
4. What would the last lines of his writing about his hospital experience include?
5. What kind of hospital was the hospital Jean is staying at when it first opened?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)