|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first person Sandrine calls when Jean makes significant improvement?
(a) Jean's daughter.
(b) Jean's sister.
(c) Jean's mother.
(d) Jean's father.
2. What does Jean do to signify which letter he is looking for?
(a) Nods his head.
(b) Blinks both eyes.
(c) Blinks his left eyelid.
(d) Blinks his right eye.
3. What does Jean compare his life at the hospital to?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) A large cauldron.
(c) A steam kettle.
(d) A pressure cooker.
4. What homage to Eugenie was placed at the hospital that Jean is staying at?
(a) A mural.
(b) A painting.
(c) A statue.
(d) A stained glass window.
5. How many other patients like Jean are there at his hospital?
6. What does Jean hope his hospital experience really is?
(a) A punishment.
(b) A learning experience.
(c) A temporary thing.
(d) A dream.
7. What was Eugenie's title?
8. What ability does Jean have that most people with his condition do not?
(a) He can tap his toe.
(b) He can swivel his head.
(c) He can swallow.
(d) He can blink his eyes.
9. How will Jean need to be fed after losing too much weight?
(a) Through a tube.
(b) Through vitamin pills.
(c) With an all liquid diet.
(d) With vomit reducers.
10. Where do patients in the hospital tend to get lost?
(a) The recreation room.
(b) The hallway.
(c) The caffeteria.
(d) The garden.
11. How does Jean write his book?
(a) He dictates it.
(b) He records it verbally.
(c) He types it.
(d) He writes it with a pen.
12. What does Jean compare the patients in his corridor to?
(a) The living dead.
(b) Broken winged birds.
(d) Clean slates.
13. What does Jean say clutters his father's place?
(d) Dirty dishes.
14. What does Jean say he prefers to do on his own clothes?
15. What is Brigitte's occupation?
(a) Physical therapist.
(c) Massage therapist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jean say he feels like he is trapped in?
2. How does Jean feed himself when he misses regular food?
3. How does the literary figure with Locked-In syndrome get around?
4. What condition was Jean in after his coma?
5. What is the name of Jean's daughter?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)