Short Answer Key
Prologue, The Wheelchair
1. How long has the author been confined to bed when the book begins?
2. What day of the week did the author have his stroke?
3. What month of the year did the author have his stroke?
4. What is the name of the syndrome the author suffers after his stroke?
5. What is the only part of his body the author can move at will?
His left eyelid.
6. How long was the author in a coma?
7. What condition was Jean in after his coma?
He was in a general stupor.
8. What does Jean say helps his stiff muscles?
Moving an inch.
9. What does Jean say he feels like he is trapped in?
A diving bell.
10. What kind of creature does Jean compare himself to?
11. How does Jean...
This section contains 2,278 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)