1. How long has the author been confined to bed when the book begins?
(a) 6 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 12 months.
(d) 9 months.
2. What day of the week did the author have his stroke?
3. What month of the year did the author have his stroke?
4. What is the name of the syndrome the author suffers after his stroke?
(c) Board Stiff.
(d) Locked In.
5. What is the only part of his body the author can move at will?
(a) His left eyelid.
(b) His right toe.
(c) His upper lip.
(d) His left pinky finger.
6. How long was the author in a coma?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 10 days.
(d) 20 days.
7. What condition was Jean in after his coma?
(a) He was in critical condition.
(b) He was almost totally normal for a time.
(c) He was in a general stupor.
(d) He was in and out of consciousness.
8. What does Jean say helps his stiff muscles?
(a) Moving an inch.
(b) Being rubbed.
(c) Blood circulation.
(d) Muscle relaxants.
This section contains 3,762 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)