Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
2. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
3. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
4. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
5. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
Essay Topic 1
Anna's father love the city of Shanghai and wants his daughter to love it just as much so he tries to encourage her learning whenever he can.
Part 1: Why does Joseph love Shanghai so much?
Part 2: Why is it important that Anna grow to love the city as much?
Part 3: How do you think a person can fall in love with a city?
Essay Topic 2
Anna is curious about her background and she wants to learn as much as she can, mostly to please her father.
Part 1: Why is it important to Anna that she please her father?
Part 2: How does a person begin to please their parents?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna feels that she needs to please her father?
Essay Topic 3
Anna's father seems to be caught up in smuggling for a part of the story, which puts his family at risk.
Part 1: Why would a person decide to be a smuggler when their family could be in danger?
Part 2: How do you think Joseph could have protected his family more?
Part 3: Do you think Joseph cares about the safety of his family?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)