Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
2. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
3. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
4. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
5. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
Essay Topic 1
Some people in Shanghai continue to go about their daily lives, unaware of the conflict.
Part 1: Why do you think some people are unaware of the conflict?
Part 2: Do you think it would be possible to not know of a war where you are living now?
Part 3: How do you think people should behave during times of war?
Essay Topic 2
Anna's father love the city of Shanghai and wants his daughter to love it just as much so he tries to encourage her learning whenever he can.
Part 1: Why does Joseph love Shanghai so much?
Part 2: Why is it important that Anna grow to love the city as much?
Part 3: How do you think a person can fall in love with a city?
Essay Topic 3
Anna thinks that Joseph hasn't come home because of something that she did, and she tells her mother this is the way she feels.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna believes she did something wrong?
Part 2: How can a child begin to understand the complexities of war?
Part 3: What might you have said to Anna to help her better understand the situation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)