|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new spelling of Anna and Genevieve's last name, according to this section of the book?
2. What is in the small teak box that Anna receives from her father after the birth of her second daughter?
3. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
4. What does Anna do with the money that she receives from selling the gift Joseph gets her?
5. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Some people in Shanghai continue to go about their daily lives, unaware of the conflict.
Part 1: Why do you think some people are unaware of the conflict?
Part 2: Do you think it would be possible to not know of a war where you are living now?
Part 3: How do you think people should behave during times of war?
Essay Topic 2
When Anna is given a ticket to see her father again, she is not happy to leave her family and friends.
Part 1: Why doesn't Anna want to go to see her father?
Part 2: Why doesn't Anna's father come to see her after her graduation?
Part 3: What might be a better present for Anna after her graduation?
Essay Topic 3
Genevieve tries to save her marriage, even though it makes her unhappy with her life. She tries to live in Shanghai again and tries to visit China.
Part 1: Why does Genevieve try to save her marriage?
Part 2: Do you think Genevieve should have worked so hard to save her marriage?
Part 3: How do you think Genevieve might be hurting her marriage as she tries to save it?
This section contains 1,435 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)