Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Communists view Joseph's business as a form of ___________, so he is under investigation.
2. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
3. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
4. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
5. Anna and her husband move into the house on ________ after her mother's death.
Anna thinks that Joseph hasn't come home because of something that she did, and she tells her mother this is the way she feels.
Part 1: Why do you think Anna believes she did something wrong?
Part 2: How can a child begin to understand the complexities of war?
Part 3: What might you have said to Anna to help her better understand the situation?
Genevieve has always thought of Shanghai as a temporary home, so she is ready to move back to the United States when the time comes.
Part 1: Do you think Genevieve should have thought of Shanghai as a temporary home?
Part 2: Do you think Joseph believes Shanghai to be a temporary home?
Part 3: Why do you think Genevieve believed Shanghai to be a temporary home?
Joseph is arrested and held in solitary confinement for his presumed crimes.
Part 1: Why do you think Joseph is arrested?
Part 2: Why do you think Joseph isn't killed during his imprisonment?
Part 3: What might be some of the effects of the time in solitary confinement?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)