|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
2. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
3. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
4. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
5. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
Essay Topic 1
Anna is curious about her background and she wants to learn as much as she can, mostly to please her father.
Part 1: Why is it important to Anna that she please her father?
Part 2: How does a person begin to please their parents?
Part 3: Why do you think Anna feels that she needs to please her father?
Essay Topic 2
Genevieve has always thought of Shanghai as a temporary home, so she is ready to move back to the United States when the time comes.
Part 1: Do you think Genevieve should have thought of Shanghai as a temporary home?
Part 2: Do you think Joseph believes Shanghai to be a temporary home?
Part 3: Why do you think Genevieve believed Shanghai to be a temporary home?
Essay Topic 3
Some people in Shanghai continue to go about their daily lives, unaware of the conflict.
Part 1: Why do you think some people are unaware of the conflict?
Part 2: Do you think it would be possible to not know of a war where you are living now?
Part 3: How do you think people should behave during times of war?
This section contains 1,416 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)