|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
2. Anna starts her new life at _________ High School, where she decides never to talk about Shanghai again.
(a) North Pasadena.
(b) Beverly Hills.
(c) South Pasadena.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(c) Internal Revenue Service.
4. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) A tax license.
(b) A business permit.
(c) A new home.
(d) Import license.
5. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(b) Mei Wei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna do with the money that she receives from selling the gift Joseph gets her?
2. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
3. Genevieve tells Joseph that he needs to __________, but when he doesn't, she becomes upset.
4. Anna and her husband move into the house on ________ after her mother's death.
5. What kind of soldiers prevent Joseph from entering a particular area when walking on the Bund at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph's journalist friend confirm about the movement Joseph sees one night?
2. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
3. Where do Jack and Anna live once they are married after she graduates from college?
4. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
5. What experience does Anna and Genevieve share when they go to breakfast after mass one Sunday?
6. What happens when Genevieve and Anna decide to go to eat at Jimmy's?
7. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
8. What does Joseph end up telling Anna about the reason why they will not be living together in Shanghai?
9. What do prisoners have to do as a part of their imprisonment by the Communist government?
10. What does Genevieve tell Anna about her father when they learn he will be coming home?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)