|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
2. Who becomes more talkative and more open as time goes on?
3. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(c) His reputation.
(d) His work.
4. According to this section of the book, __________ is more dangerous now than it was when it was under the Japanese rule.
5. Who thinks and worries about Joseph constantly, which is not something she had anticipated?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
2. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
3. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
4. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
5. ___________ has begun to take place in China, causing more conflict in the area and more troubles for those living there.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph's journalist friend confirm about the movement Joseph sees one night?
2. What does Anna notice about the behavior of Joseph once he returns to live with them?
3. What is not in the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in May of 1942?
4. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
5. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
6. Where do Jack and Anna live once they are married after she graduates from college?
7. Why wasn't Joseph as happy in California as he is when he is living in Shanghai?
8. What is Anna's response to Genevieve's request that Anna forgive her father?
9. What does Joseph find when he returns to his office on Yuen Thing Yuen Road?
10. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)