|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Genevieve and Anna live for a month before Anna learns they are moving to Hungjoa?
(a) Will Masters' house.
2. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(a) Boxing Day.
3. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
4. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
5. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
2. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
3. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
4. What kind of soldiers prevent Joseph from entering a particular area when walking on the Bund at night?
5. Genevieve and Anna decide to eat at __________, when they see that Joseph has not arrived.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve wish for her life once she finds out she is sick?
2. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
3. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
4. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
5. What does Joseph's journalist friend confirm about the movement Joseph sees one night?
6. What does Joseph tell Anna about his life when they are at a nearby Chinese restaurant?
7. What happens when Joseph writes frequently and sends gifts at Christmas to Anna?
8. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
9. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
10. Why does Joseph decide to buy several guns when he is living in China?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)