|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna starts her new life at _________ High School, where she decides never to talk about Shanghai again.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) South Pasadena.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) North Pasadena.
2. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
(a) Junior high.
(b) Grammar school.
(d) High school.
3. Where does Anna's mother eventually die after being hospitalized several more times?
(a) Anna's home.
4. Who does Anna end up marrying in 1953 after she graduates college?
(a) No one.
(b) John Brady.
(c) Jeff Brackson.
(d) Jack Bradley.
5. Where does Joseph find the items that he has hidden before the war?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In his office.
(c) In a package with his name on it.
(d) Nowhere. They are gone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
2. Joseph begins to spend a lot of time at the ________ learning about the news and what has been happening in the world.
3. Who drives Anna and Genevieve to the train station to meet Joseph when he returns?
4. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
5. What is the word that Anna looks up in the dictionary after hearing her mother and Gran begin to use it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What experience does Anna and Genevieve share when they go to breakfast after mass one Sunday?
2. What does Anna notice about the behavior of Joseph once he returns to live with them?
3. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
4. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
5. What does Joseph tell Anna about his life when they are at a nearby Chinese restaurant?
6. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
7. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
8. What does Joseph's journalist friend confirm about the movement Joseph sees one night?
9. What does Genevieve wish for her life once she finds out she is sick?
10. What does Joseph learn about his finances on New Year's Day 1949?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)