|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
2. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
3. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
4. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(a) Mei Wei.
5. __________ liberation army and the Chinese Nationalist troops are the two factions at war.
(c) Mao's Peoples.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soldiers prevent Joseph from entering a particular area when walking on the Bund at night?
2. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
3. What do Anna and Genevieve do after mass one Sunday?
4. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
5. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
2. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
3. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
4. What do prisoners have to do as a part of their imprisonment by the Communist government?
5. What does Joseph include in a brief letter to Anna in the months after Genevieve's funeral?
6. Where do Jack and Anna live once they are married after she graduates from college?
7. What experience does Anna and Genevieve share when they go to breakfast after mass one Sunday?
8. What does Joseph do when the government orders him to leave Hong Kong?
9. What happens when Joseph writes frequently and sends gifts at Christmas to Anna?
10. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)