|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Genevieve and Anna live for a month before Anna learns they are moving to Hungjoa?
(a) Will Masters' house.
2. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(b) Mei Wei.
3. Genevieve learns that Joseph will arrive in _________ in mid-December after the conflict is over.
(a) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
5. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
2. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
3. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
4. According to this section of the book, __________ is more dangerous now than it was when it was under the Japanese rule.
5. What does Anna learn about Joseph's work when he is not with the family?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Joseph opens the house on Hungjoa during this part of the story?
2. What does Joseph tell Anna about his life when they are at a nearby Chinese restaurant?
3. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
4. What is Anna's response to Genevieve's request that Anna forgive her father?
5. What does Genevieve tell Anna about her father when they learn he will be coming home?
6. What experience does Anna and Genevieve share when they go to breakfast after mass one Sunday?
7. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
8. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
9. What does Joseph include in a brief letter to Anna in the months after Genevieve's funeral?
10. What does Joseph learn about his finances on New Year's Day 1949?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)