|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ has begun to take place in China, causing more conflict in the area and more troubles for those living there.
(b) Civil war.
(c) Economic downturn.
(d) A new empire.
2. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
3. Who walks into the mortuary when Anna is visiting her mother?
4. _______ decides at this point of the book that she will never allow Joseph in her life again.
5. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) Import license.
(b) A business permit.
(c) A new home.
(d) A tax license.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new spelling of Anna and Genevieve's last name, according to this section of the book?
2. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
3. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
4. What is in the small teak box that Anna receives from her father after the birth of her second daughter?
5. Joseph tells Genevieve that he doesn't want a _________, which Anna hears from her bedroom.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph learn about his finances on New Year's Day 1949?
2. What happens when Genevieve and Anna decide to go to eat at Jimmy's?
3. What happens when Joseph writes frequently and sends gifts at Christmas to Anna?
4. What is the job Joseph is offered by a Shanghai friend, General Shang Chen?
5. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
6. What does Joseph do when the government orders him to leave Hong Kong?
7. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
8. Where do Jack and Anna live once they are married after she graduates from college?
9. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
10. What does Joseph find when he returns to his office on Yuen Thing Yuen Road?
This section contains 577 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)