|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
(b) Money changing.
2. Genevieve and Anna decide to eat at __________, when they see that Joseph has not arrived.
(a) Plaza Hotel.
3. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
(a) To live with him.
(b) To dinner.
(c) To tea.
4. Genevieve tells Joseph that he needs to __________, but when he doesn't, she becomes upset.
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Pay some bills.
(c) Find a job.
(d) Do his time.
5. Who walks into the mortuary when Anna is visiting her mother?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph sees a group of ________ loading packages onto a freighter and wonders if this is the process of gold being moved.
2. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
3. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
4. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
5. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Genevieve and Anna decide to go to eat at Jimmy's?
2. What does Joseph include in a brief letter to Anna in the months after Genevieve's funeral?
3. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
4. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
5. What happens when Joseph opens the house on Hungjoa during this part of the story?
6. What does Joseph do when the government orders him to leave Hong Kong?
7. Why wasn't Joseph as happy in California as he is when he is living in Shanghai?
8. Why does Joseph decide to buy several guns when he is living in China?
9. What happens when Anna decides to read about her mother's diagnosis at the library?
10. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)