|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genevieve tells Anna that Joseph will need time to _________ after he is back in Los Angeles with his family.
2. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(c) Mei Wei.
3. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
(a) To live with him.
(b) To dinner.
(d) To tea.
4. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
5. Genevieve and Anna decide to eat at __________, when they see that Joseph has not arrived.
(a) Plaza Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
2. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
3. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
4. Genevieve learns from the ____________ that Joseph has been taken a prisoner in March, 1943.
5. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve wish for her life once she finds out she is sick?
2. Why wasn't Joseph as happy in California as he is when he is living in Shanghai?
3. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
4. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
5. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
6. Why does Joseph decide to buy several guns when he is living in China?
7. Where do Jack and Anna live once they are married after she graduates from college?
8. What does Anna notice about the behavior of Joseph once he returns to live with them?
9. What is the job Joseph is offered by a Shanghai friend, General Shang Chen?
10. What does Genevieve tell Anna about her father when they learn he will be coming home?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)