|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
2. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
(a) Liberation army.
3. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
(a) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A postcard.
4. What does Anna receive from Joseph in the months after her mother's death?
(a) A ring.
(b) A brief letter.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A gift certificate.
5. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time does Anna's father show up at her door on her birthday, bringing roses and perfume?
2. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
3. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
4. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
5. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)