|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
2. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
3. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
(a) Dr. McLain.
(b) No one.
(c) Mei Wah.
(d) Will Masters.
4. _______ decides at this point of the book that she will never allow Joseph in her life again.
5. Who thinks and worries about Joseph constantly, which is not something she had anticipated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
2. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
3. What does Anna do with the money that she receives from selling the gift Joseph gets her?
4. At what time does Anna's father show up at her door on her birthday, bringing roses and perfume?
5. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph end up telling Anna about the reason why they will not be living together in Shanghai?
2. What does Genevieve wish for her life once she finds out she is sick?
3. What does Joseph find when he returns to his office on Yuen Thing Yuen Road?
4. What does Joseph include in a brief letter to Anna in the months after Genevieve's funeral?
5. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
6. What happens when Joseph writes frequently and sends gifts at Christmas to Anna?
7. What does Joseph do when the government orders him to leave Hong Kong?
8. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
9. What does Anna notice about the behavior of Joseph once he returns to live with them?
10. What does Genevieve tell Anna about when she calls her in January 1954?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)