|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
(d) Mei Wah.
2. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
(a) Japanese emperor.
(b) Nationalist Chinese.
(c) Nationalist Japanese.
(d) Chinese emperor.
3. At what time does Anna's father show up at her door on her birthday, bringing roses and perfume?
(a) 11:00 am.
(b) 10:00 am.
(c) 1:00 pm.
(d) 9:00 am.
4. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
5. In what city do Anna and her husband live, close to her family?
(a) South Pasadena.
(b) Laguna Beach.
(c) Culver City.
(d) San Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. ___________ has begun to take place in China, causing more conflict in the area and more troubles for those living there.
2. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
3. How many more telegrams do Anna and her mother receive that leave them to believe Joseph is not coming back?
4. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
5. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
Short Essay Questions
1. What do prisoners have to do as a part of their imprisonment by the Communist government?
2. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
3. What does Genevieve tell Anna about her father when they learn he will be coming home?
4. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
5. What does Joseph's journalist friend confirm about the movement Joseph sees one night?
6. What does Joseph learn about his finances on New Year's Day 1949?
7. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
8. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
9. Why wasn't Joseph as happy in California as he is when he is living in Shanghai?
10. What does Joseph tell Anna about his life when they are at a nearby Chinese restaurant?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)