|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
2. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
(d) They don't talk.
3. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
4. Joseph ends up telling Anna that Shanghai is not a __________ for a little girl.
(a) Fun place.
(b) Easy place.
(c) Rich place.
(d) Safe place.
5. When is Anna's baby due, which is when Genevieve hopes to live until?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who thinks and worries about Joseph constantly, which is not something she had anticipated?
2. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
3. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
4. Where does Anna's mother eventually die after being hospitalized several more times?
5. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph end up telling Anna about the reason why they will not be living together in Shanghai?
2. What is not in the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in May of 1942?
3. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
4. What experience does Anna and Genevieve share when they go to breakfast after mass one Sunday?
5. What does Joseph do when the government orders him to leave Hong Kong?
6. What is Anna's response to Genevieve's request that Anna forgive her father?
7. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
8. What happens when Joseph opens the house on Hungjoa during this part of the story?
9. What is the job Joseph is offered by a Shanghai friend, General Shang Chen?
10. What does Genevieve show to Anna after the party for her and Jack?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)