|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The only news that anyone receives when they are in the camp is the ________ Times and a Russian radio station.
2. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(a) A doll.
(d) A basket.
3. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
(a) His legal issues.
(b) His money.
(c) His journals.
(d) His clothing.
4. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
(a) Hardy Boys.
(b) Nancy Drew.
(c) Judy Blume.
5. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(a) North Korea.
(b) South Korea.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the age of six, Anna knows enough about kidnappings to know that they have to __________.
2. What do Genevieve and Anna notice when they are shopping in the city?
3. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
4. Though the family is wealthy, they only have ________ live-in servants, according to the story's description.
5. What is the name of the family's favorite eating place where Joseph takes Anna?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Anna's response to Genevieve's request that Anna forgive her father?
2. What happens when Genevieve and Anna decide to go to eat at Jimmy's?
3. What is not in the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in May of 1942?
4. What does the United States government tell Americans in Shanghai to do when things become more violent?
5. What does Joseph explain to his daughter, Anna, in a letter that is attached to a box of his belongings?
6. What does Joseph include in a brief letter to Anna in the months after Genevieve's funeral?
7. What is the job Joseph is offered by a Shanghai friend, General Shang Chen?
8. What happens as a result of the investigations by the Communist government?
9. What does Anna hear her father tell her mother after he comes back to the house after the run-in at the restaurant?
10. What does Anna notice about the behavior of Joseph once he returns to live with them?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)