|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
(a) His journals.
(b) His legal issues.
(c) His money.
(d) His clothing.
2. Joseph points out on the map that _________ is trying to take over China.
(c) United States.
3. Joseph tells Anna that no matter what happens with Japan, they will be safe in the ______________.
(b) International Settlement.
(c) Internment camps.
(d) Border Town.
4. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Give away a car.
(c) Pay ransom.
5. What does Anna get to drink on the morning of her seventh birthday?
(c) Hot cocoa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph tells Genevieve that he needs time to __________ before he can leave.
2. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
3. What does Joseph love above anything else, so much so that he teaches his daughter about it?
4. What is the road on which the big shopping area is located, according to the book?
5. Where does Joseph end up moving to after he has closed up the home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Anna and Joseph go to meet up with the servant, Mei Wah, in front of the hotel?
2. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
3. Why does Genevieve tell Mei Wah to take Anna home during their shopping trip?
4. Who are the two men that are put in charge of two different groups of internees at the camp?
5. Why does Anna's father spend the night sitting beside Anna's bed?
6. What does Joseph do in his office once he realizes that he might be in danger with this new political climate?
7. What does Joseph tell Anna he does with the Japanese yen that she finds in a closet?
8. Why does Gran tell Anna that things will get better, after Anna and her mother have moved to California?
9. What does Joseph tell Anna about Japan when she asks him to point out the words on the world globe?
10. What does Genevieve do on Anna's seventh birthday, as described in this section of the book?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)