|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American ___________ is the facility that helps by delivering food and supplies to the internment camp.
2. What language is Anna unable to read, according to this section of the story?
3. Who keeps telling Anna that things will get better, even as Anna doesn't make friends?
4. Prisoners can only leave the camp, for the most part, if they are near _________.
5. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(b) A doll.
(c) A basket.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who begins to dress differently and to act differently than they used to in Shanghai?
2. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
3. Joseph says that he can't make _________ by leaving Shanghai at this point in time.
4. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
5. Who arrives to pick up Anna after the kidnapping incident, according to the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the men attempt to do in order to help the internees have what they need?
2. Who are the two men that are put in charge of two different groups of internees at the camp?
3. Why are Anna and Joseph in Hsin Hung Chong during this part of the story?
4. What does Joseph explain to his daughter, Anna, in a letter that is attached to a box of his belongings?
5. What is the new business that Joseph becomes involved in once the Japanese have taken over?
6. What happens to the city after the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor on December 8?
7. What does the United States government tell Americans in Shanghai to do when things become more violent?
8. What does Joseph say when Genevieve tells him that she has purchased tickets for the family to return to the United States?
9. What happens when Anna and Joseph go to meet up with the servant, Mei Wah, in front of the hotel?
10. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)