|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The American Club becomes the Japanese _________ Headquarters, according to the story's details.
(d) Air Force.
2. Where are Anna and her father supposed to meet their servant?
(a) At home.
(b) The main fountain.
(c) The school yard.
(d) Park Hotel.
3. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
4. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
5. Who becomes sick at night with a fever causing Joseph to apologize for the way that he behaved that day?
(c) Mei Wah.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
2. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
3. Allied nationals are allowed to withdraw the Chinese equivalent of ________ dollars each week.
4. What is the first place Genevieve and Joseph live after they have graduated college?
5. What does Anna get to drink on the morning of her seventh birthday?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the only thing that Joseph says about his time being kidnapped?
2. Why does Anna's father spend the night sitting beside Anna's bed?
3. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
4. What does Joseph say when Genevieve tells him that she has purchased tickets for the family to return to the United States?
5. Why are Anna and Joseph in Hsin Hung Chong during this part of the story?
6. What does Joseph do in order to find comfort and in order to stay focused when at the internment camp?
7. What do the men attempt to do in order to help the internees have what they need?
8. What do the men at the internment camp find out about the Japanese?
9. What is the new business that Joseph becomes involved in once the Japanese have taken over?
10. What happens to the city after the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor on December 8?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)