Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call Liu and Company, one of her favorite places to go on the trips with her father?
(a) Paper store.
(b) Candy shop.
(c) Fruit basket.
(d) Book shelf.
2. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
(a) A summons to court.
(b) Decapitated head.
(c) A poster.
(d) A letter from Anna.
3. John Barrows decides to choose Joseph as his ___________, in order to watch over the other internees.
4. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
5. Joseph is interned in the former United States __________ barrack on Haiphong Road.
(b) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
2. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
3. Joseph tells Anna that no matter what happens with Japan, they will be safe in the ______________.
4. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
5. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does the family share an emotional goodbye before Anna and Genevieve start their journey to Los Angeles?
2. What doesn't Anna talk about as a part of her social life in South Pasadena?
3. How did Anna's parents meet before deciding to get married and have a child together?
4. What do the men attempt to do in order to help the internees have what they need?
5. Why does Genevieve tell Mei Wah to take Anna home during their shopping trip?
6. What does Anna tell Jack on the day of her 25th birthday?
7. What does Heather do for Anna's fiftieth birthday celebration and gift?
8. What does the United States government tell Americans in Shanghai to do when things become more violent?
9. What does Genevieve tell Anna about her father when they learn he will be coming home?
10. Why does Anna's father spend the night sitting beside Anna's bed?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)