|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the road on which the big shopping area is located, according to the book?
(a) Nanking Road.
(b) Hupsong Road.
(c) Nakora Road.
(d) Vilrog Road.
2. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
3. Who arrives to pick up Anna after the kidnapping incident, according to the story?
(a) No one.
(b) The police.
(d) Mei Wah.
4. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
5. What language is Anna unable to read, according to this section of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
2. What does Genevieve do that causes them to make plans to move to Los Angeles?
3. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
4. When Anna and Genevieve arrive at their final destination, who does Anna meet for the first time?
5. Even though Genevieve sometimes objects, Joseph often takes _________ out on his outings.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve do on Anna's seventh birthday, as described in this section of the book?
2. How did Anna's parents meet before deciding to get married and have a child together?
3. What does Joseph explain to his daughter, Anna, in a letter that is attached to a box of his belongings?
4. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
5. Why does Anna's father spend the night sitting beside Anna's bed?
6. What happens when Anna and Joseph go to meet up with the servant, Mei Wah, in front of the hotel?
7. What does Joseph do in order to find comfort and in order to stay focused when at the internment camp?
8. What does Joseph tell Anna he does with the Japanese yen that she finds in a closet?
9. How does Anna's mother feel about their home in Shanghai at the start of the book?
10. What does Joseph do in his office once he realizes that he might be in danger with this new political climate?
This section contains 615 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)