|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
2. Joseph says that he can't make _________ by leaving Shanghai at this point in time.
3. Where does Joseph end up moving to after he has closed up the home?
(a) His parents' house.
(b) American Club.
(c) Internment camp.
(d) The missionary.
4. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(c) South Korea.
(d) North Korea.
5. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
(b) Her shoes.
(c) A piece of paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Anna and her father supposed to meet their servant?
2. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
3. Joseph finds out that the bombings in the city had been a/an ____________.
4. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
5. Even though Genevieve sometimes objects, Joseph often takes _________ out on his outings.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Genevieve do on Anna's seventh birthday, as described in this section of the book?
2. How did Anna's parents meet before deciding to get married and have a child together?
3. What does Joseph feel about his money making opportunities outside of Shanghai?
4. What do the men at the internment camp find out about the Japanese?
5. When does the family share an emotional goodbye before Anna and Genevieve start their journey to Los Angeles?
6. What happens to the city after the Japanese attack Pearl Harbor on December 8?
7. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
8. What does Joseph do in order to find comfort and in order to stay focused when at the internment camp?
9. What does Joseph do with Anna when they go to the Foreign Correspondents Club on Saturday mornings?
10. What do the men attempt to do in order to help the internees have what they need?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)