|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the better quarters in which Joseph and the other leaders are housed?
2. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(b) South Korea.
(c) North Korea.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
3. Who begins to dress differently and to act differently than they used to in Shanghai?
4. Where is Joseph taken after is is accused of witnessing the prisoner ask to have a letter smuggled out?
(a) Bridge House.
(c) Bridge Manor.
(d) A metal cage.
5. Joseph finds out that the bombings in the city had been a/an ____________.
(b) Good idea.
(c) Targeted attack.
(d) Warning sign.
Short Answer Questions
1. _________ troops are ordered to leave Shanghai in November of 1941, according to the story.
2. What does Anna call Liu and Company, one of her favorite places to go on the trips with her father?
3. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
4. What is the name of the family's favorite eating place where Joseph takes Anna?
5. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Joseph do in order to find comfort and in order to stay focused when at the internment camp?
2. What happens after two Japanese are killed at the Hungjao airfield, according to the book?
3. How did Anna's parents meet before deciding to get married and have a child together?
4. What does Joseph tell Anna he does with the Japanese yen that she finds in a closet?
5. Who are the two men that are put in charge of two different groups of internees at the camp?
6. Why are Anna and Joseph in Hsin Hung Chong during this part of the story?
7. What does Joseph do in his office once he realizes that he might be in danger with this new political climate?
8. What is the only difference between life before and life after the Japanese takeover Shanghai?
9. What happens when Anna and Joseph go to meet up with the servant, Mei Wah, in front of the hotel?
10. What does Joseph feel about his money making opportunities outside of Shanghai?
This section contains 599 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)