|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna receive from Joseph in the months after her mother's death?
(a) A brief letter.
(b) A gift certificate.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A ring.
2. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(a) Orange County.
(b) San Marino.
(c) Los Angeles.
3. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
4. Joseph ends up telling Anna that Shanghai is not a __________ for a little girl.
(a) Safe place.
(b) Easy place.
(c) Rich place.
(d) Fun place.
5. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
(b) Money changing.
6. Who does Anna end up marrying in 1953 after she graduates college?
(a) Jack Bradley.
(b) Jeff Brackson.
(c) No one.
(d) John Brady.
7. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(b) Office of Price Administration.
(d) Internal Revenue Service.
8. Genevieve and Anna decide to eat at __________, when they see that Joseph has not arrived.
(a) Plaza Hotel.
9. For how long is Joseph in Chungking, according to this section of the story?
(a) 9 years.
(b) 11 months.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 3 years.
10. Anna starts her new life at _________ High School, where she decides never to talk about Shanghai again.
(a) Los Angeles.
(b) South Pasadena.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) North Pasadena.
11. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
12. Genevieve tells Anna that according to newspaper articles, Joseph was released from prison and is now in __________.
(a) Hong Kong.
(b) New York.
13. Joseph sees a group of ________ loading packages onto a freighter and wonders if this is the process of gold being moved.
14. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
15. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Work camp.
(b) Solitary confinement.
(c) Media control.
(d) Internment camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
2. Anna and Genevieve will be going to _________ in a month, even though Anna is not comfortable with this idea.
3. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
4. What does Joseph do for the family in order to help them out with their home?
5. Anna and her husband move into the house on ________ after her mother's death.
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)