|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Genevieve tells Anna that Joseph will need time to _________ after he is back in Los Angeles with his family.
2. Who thinks that Joseph isn't coming to meet them in Los Angeles because of something that she did?
3. Who does Anna end up marrying in 1953 after she graduates college?
(a) No one.
(b) Jack Bradley.
(c) John Brady.
(d) Jeff Brackson.
4. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(b) Boxing Day.
5. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
(a) She is healthy for her age.
(b) She has leukemia.
(c) She has arthritis.
(d) She has dementia.
6. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
7. Where does Joseph find the items that he has hidden before the war?
(a) In a closet.
(b) In a package with his name on it.
(c) In his office.
(d) Nowhere. They are gone.
8. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
9. What do Anna and Genevieve do after mass one Sunday?
(a) Go shopping.
(b) Head to the train station.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to breakfast.
10. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(b) San Marino.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Orange County.
11. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
12. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
13. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) A tax license.
(b) Import license.
(c) A business permit.
(d) A new home.
14. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
(a) No one.
(b) Mei Wah.
(c) Dr. McLain.
(d) Will Masters.
15. What does Joseph stage before he is shipped to Vancouver in order to get him out the country?
(b) Hunger strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
2. What does Anna learn about Joseph's work when he is not with the family?
3. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
4. Genevieve learns from the ____________ that Joseph has been taken a prisoner in March, 1943.
5. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)