|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
2. What is the name of Anna's new baby, who will also be known as Eve?
3. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
4. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
(c) Money changing.
5. Where does Anna's mother eventually die after being hospitalized several more times?
(b) Anna's home.
6. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) Media control.
(c) Work camp.
(d) Internment camp.
7. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(a) Orange County.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) San Marino.
8. Joseph begins to spend a lot of time at the ________ learning about the news and what has been happening in the world.
(c) Train station.
9. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
10. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
(c) Anna's husband's family.
11. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(d) Internal Revenue Service.
12. When is Anna's baby due, which is when Genevieve hopes to live until?
13. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
(d) Mei Wah.
14. Joseph ends up telling Anna that Shanghai is not a __________ for a little girl.
(a) Easy place.
(b) Rich place.
(c) Safe place.
(d) Fun place.
15. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(b) Mei Wei.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
2. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
3. Who thinks and worries about Joseph constantly, which is not something she had anticipated?
4. What does Anna do with the money that she receives from selling the gift Joseph gets her?
5. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)