|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(c) Rolls Royce.
2. Anna and her husband move into the house on ________ after her mother's death.
3. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
4. When is Anna's baby due, which is when Genevieve hopes to live until?
5. Anna starts her new life at _________ High School, where she decides never to talk about Shanghai again.
(a) South Pasadena.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) Beverly Hills.
(d) North Pasadena.
6. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
7. The Communists view Joseph's business as a form of ___________, so he is under investigation.
8. _______ decides at this point of the book that she will never allow Joseph in her life again.
9. Genevieve learns that Joseph will arrive in _________ in mid-December after the conflict is over.
(a) New York.
(b) Los Angeles.
10. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(d) Internal Revenue Service.
11. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(d) Boxing Day.
12. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
(b) A telegram.
(c) A postcard.
(d) A letter.
13. Genevieve tells Anna that Joseph will need time to _________ after he is back in Los Angeles with his family.
14. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
15. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Media control.
(b) Work camp.
(c) Internment camp.
(d) Solitary confinement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna receive from Joseph in the months after her mother's death?
2. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
3. Where do Genevieve and Anna live for a month before Anna learns they are moving to Hungjoa?
4. Where does Joseph often sleep, according to the description of his time in April, 1949?
5. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)