|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph stage before he is shipped to Vancouver in order to get him out the country?
(d) Hunger strike.
2. Joseph sees a group of ________ loading packages onto a freighter and wonders if this is the process of gold being moved.
3. In what city do Anna and her husband live, close to her family?
(a) San Diego.
(b) Laguna Beach.
(c) Culver City.
(d) South Pasadena.
4. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
5. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
(a) Nationalist Japanese.
(b) Nationalist Chinese.
(c) Japanese emperor.
(d) Chinese emperor.
6. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(a) Boxing Day.
7. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
8. Genevieve tells Joseph that he needs to __________, but when he doesn't, she becomes upset.
(a) Pay some bills.
(b) Do his time.
(c) Go back to school.
(d) Find a job.
9. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
(d) Anna's husband's family.
10. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(a) San Marino.
(b) Orange County.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. Joseph tells Genevieve that he doesn't want a _________, which Anna hears from her bedroom.
(a) Boring life.
(b) Trip to America.
12. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
13. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
14. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
15. Who thinks that Joseph isn't coming to meet them in Los Angeles because of something that she did?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
2. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
3. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
4. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
5. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)