|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who becomes more talkative and more open as time goes on?
2. What is in the small teak box that Anna receives from her father after the birth of her second daughter?
3. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
(a) Will Masters.
(b) Mei Wah.
(c) No one.
(d) Dr. McLain.
4. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(c) Rolls Royce.
5. What is the color of the Cheongsam that Genevieve wears to the party?
6. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
7. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) Import license.
(b) A tax license.
(c) A business permit.
(d) A new home.
8. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(a) San Francisco.
(b) San Diego.
9. What do Anna and Genevieve do after mass one Sunday?
(a) Head to the train station.
(b) Go shopping.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Go to breakfast.
10. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
(a) Nationalist Chinese.
(b) Chinese emperor.
(c) Nationalist Japanese.
(d) Japanese emperor.
11. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
(c) Liberation army.
12. Where does Anna's mother eventually die after being hospitalized several more times?
(b) Anna's home.
13. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(b) Internal Revenue Service.
(c) Office of Price Administration.
14. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
(a) Forgive Genevieve.
(c) Forget Joseph.
(d) Forgive Joseph.
15. What language does Joseph speak to the staff when they go to a local Chinese restaurant?
(b) He doesn't.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna and Genevieve will be going to _________ in a month, even though Anna is not comfortable with this idea.
2. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
3. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
4. Where does Joseph often sleep, according to the description of his time in April, 1949?
5. What does Anna receive from Joseph in the months after her mother's death?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)