|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph send to Anna as a gift on her seventeenth birthday?
(c) Gold necklace.
(d) Pearl earrings.
2. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
3. What do Anna and Genevieve do after mass one Sunday?
(a) Go to breakfast.
(b) Go for a walk.
(c) Go shopping.
(d) Head to the train station.
4. What is the name of Anna's new baby, who will also be known as Eve?
5. What is the color of the Cheongsam that Genevieve wears to the party?
6. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(a) San Marino.
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) Orange County.
7. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(b) San Francisco.
(d) San Diego.
8. Who is at Anna's side after the C-Section that delivers her daughter?
9. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(c) Rolls Royce.
10. For how long is Joseph in Chungking, according to this section of the story?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 9 years.
(c) 15 months.
(d) 11 months.
11. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(b) Mei Wei.
12. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
13. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
14. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
(a) Money changing.
15. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His reputation.
(b) His work.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
2. How many more telegrams do Anna and her mother receive that leave them to believe Joseph is not coming back?
3. According to this section of the book, __________ is more dangerous now than it was when it was under the Japanese rule.
4. At what time does Anna's father show up at her door on her birthday, bringing roses and perfume?
5. What does Joseph stage before he is shipped to Vancouver in order to get him out the country?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)