|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
2. What does Anna write in response to Joseph, according to this section of the book?
(a) A letter.
(c) A telegram.
(d) A postcard.
3. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(b) Rolls Royce.
4. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
(a) Liberation army.
5. Joseph ends up telling Anna that Shanghai is not a __________ for a little girl.
(a) Rich place.
(b) Fun place.
(c) Safe place.
(d) Easy place.
6. Joseph begins to spend a lot of time at the ________ learning about the news and what has been happening in the world.
(a) Train station.
7. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(a) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
8. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) A business permit.
(b) A new home.
(c) A tax license.
(d) Import license.
9. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
(b) To live with him.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To tea.
10. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(c) Office of Price Administration.
(d) Internal Revenue Service.
11. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
12. Genevieve learns that Joseph will arrive in _________ in mid-December after the conflict is over.
(a) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
13. Genevieve tells Anna that according to newspaper articles, Joseph was released from prison and is now in __________.
(a) New York.
(b) Hong Kong.
14. Where do Genevieve and Anna live for a month before Anna learns they are moving to Hungjoa?
(c) Will Masters' house.
15. Who becomes more talkative and more open as time goes on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
2. The women see Joseph eating at the restaurant with a Chinese ____________.
3. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
4. Anna and her husband move into the house on ________ after her mother's death.
5. What kind of watch does Anna's Gran give to her when she graduates?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)