|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Joseph speak to the staff when they go to a local Chinese restaurant?
(c) He doesn't.
2. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
3. Genevieve tells Anna that according to newspaper articles, Joseph was released from prison and is now in __________.
(b) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
4. How many more telegrams do Anna and her mother receive that leave them to believe Joseph is not coming back?
5. The Communists view Joseph's business as a form of ___________, so he is under investigation.
6. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(b) Internal Revenue Service.
7. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(c) Boxing Day.
8. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
9. ___________ has begun to take place in China, causing more conflict in the area and more troubles for those living there.
(b) Civil war.
(c) A new empire.
(d) Economic downturn.
10. What is the new spelling of Anna and Genevieve's last name, according to this section of the book?
11. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(d) Rolls Royce.
12. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
(a) Chinese emperor.
(b) Japanese emperor.
(c) Nationalist Japanese.
(d) Nationalist Chinese.
13. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(a) San Diego.
(b) San Francisco.
14. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His work.
(b) His reputation.
15. What is the name of Anna's new baby, who will also be known as Eve?
Short Answer Questions
1. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
2. Genevieve learns from the ____________ that Joseph has been taken a prisoner in March, 1943.
3. Genevieve tells Anna that Joseph will need time to _________ after he is back in Los Angeles with his family.
4. Who does Anna end up marrying in 1953 after she graduates college?
5. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)