|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna and Genevieve will be going to _________ in a month, even though Anna is not comfortable with this idea.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
2. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(d) Boxing Day.
3. In what city do Anna and her husband live, close to her family?
(a) Culver City.
(b) South Pasadena.
(c) Laguna Beach.
(d) San Diego.
4. Genevieve learns that Joseph will arrive in _________ in mid-December after the conflict is over.
(b) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
5. Who is at Anna's side after the C-Section that delivers her daughter?
6. Who walks into the mortuary when Anna is visiting her mother?
7. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
(d) Anna's husband's family.
8. What does Anna learn about Joseph's work when he is not with the family?
(b) Night janitor.
(c) He is retired.
9. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
10. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
(a) Grammar school.
(c) High school.
(d) Junior high.
11. Who refuses to leave Hong Kong, which causes him to be arrested?
(a) Chung Do.
(c) Mei Wah.
(d) William Masters.
12. _______ decides at this point of the book that she will never allow Joseph in her life again.
13. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Internment camp.
(b) Work camp.
(c) Media control.
(d) Solitary confinement.
14. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(c) Mei Wei.
15. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
(a) She is healthy for her age.
(b) She has dementia.
(c) She has leukemia.
(d) She has arthritis.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph tells Genevieve that he doesn't want a _________, which Anna hears from her bedroom.
2. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
3. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
4. ___________ has begun to take place in China, causing more conflict in the area and more troubles for those living there.
5. How many more telegrams do Anna and her mother receive that leave them to believe Joseph is not coming back?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)