|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The government suddenly eliminates the _________ business, which is something Joseph did not expect.
(c) Money changing.
2. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
(d) They don't talk.
3. Anna currently attends the University of __________ at Los Angeles at the time of the article.
(b) San Francisco.
(c) San Diego.
4. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His reputation.
(c) His work.
5. Who posted the letter for Joseph, which is why it had been re-routed?
(a) Mei Wah.
(b) No one.
(c) Will Masters.
(d) Dr. McLain.
6. What does Anna receive from Joseph in the months after her mother's death?
(a) A ring.
(b) A brief letter.
(c) A gift certificate.
(d) A shoe.
7. Genevieve and Anna decide to eat at __________, when they see that Joseph has not arrived.
(b) Plaza Hotel.
8. Genevieve tells Joseph that he needs to __________, but when he doesn't, she becomes upset.
(a) Go back to school.
(b) Pay some bills.
(c) Do his time.
(d) Find a job.
9. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
(a) She is healthy for her age.
(b) She has dementia.
(c) She has leukemia.
(d) She has arthritis.
10. Genevieve learns that Joseph will arrive in _________ in mid-December after the conflict is over.
(b) New York.
(c) Los Angeles.
11. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
12. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
13. Who drives Anna and Genevieve to the train station to meet Joseph when he returns?
(a) No one.
(b) Mei Wah.
(d) A taxi driver.
14. In what city do Anna and her husband live, close to her family?
(a) San Diego.
(b) South Pasadena.
(c) Culver City.
(d) Laguna Beach.
15. Who thinks and worries about Joseph constantly, which is not something she had anticipated?
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph begins to spend a lot of time at the ________ learning about the news and what has been happening in the world.
2. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
3. What is the new spelling of Anna and Genevieve's last name, according to this section of the book?
4. When is Anna's baby due, which is when Genevieve hopes to live until?
5. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)