|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the war ends, the city of Shanghai is controlled by the ____________ government.
(a) Japanese emperor.
(b) Nationalist Japanese.
(c) Chinese emperor.
(d) Nationalist Chinese.
2. When is Anna's baby due, which is when Genevieve hopes to live until?
3. Who becomes more talkative and more open as time goes on?
4. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
5. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) A business permit.
(b) A tax license.
(c) Import license.
(d) A new home.
6. According to this section of the book, __________ is more dangerous now than it was when it was under the Japanese rule.
7. In what city do Anna and her husband live, close to her family?
(a) Laguna Beach.
(b) South Pasadena.
(c) San Diego.
(d) Culver City.
8. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
9. Genevieve and Anna leave Shanghai on October ____, 1946, never to return, they believe.
10. Anna begins to work at the ________ library after she graduates from college and is married.
(a) Orange County.
(c) San Marino.
(d) Los Angeles.
11. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His reputation.
(b) His work.
12. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
13. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
(b) To tea.
(c) To live with him.
(d) To dinner.
14. What is the name of Anna's new baby, who will also be known as Eve?
15. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(d) Internal Revenue Service.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
2. What does Joseph decide to buy in response to the guerrilla activity going on in the city?
3. What does Anna learn about Joseph's work when he is not with the family?
4. Who drives Anna and Genevieve to the train station to meet Joseph when he returns?
5. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)