|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(c) Mei Wei.
2. What business has Joseph sold so that he could move to Bunker Hill in Los Angeles?
3. Genevieve tells Anna that Joseph will need time to _________ after he is back in Los Angeles with his family.
4. Joseph decides that the ________ will not be able to control China, so he says where he is to make more money.
(b) Liberation army.
5. What magazine reveals the details of Joseph's imprisonment to Anna and Genevieve?
6. What office has frozen the assets of Joseph, according to the book?
(a) Office of Price Administration.
(c) Internal Revenue Service.
7. During what month of her pregnancy does Anna decide to quit her job in order to help her mother and to support her pregnancy?
8. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
9. Genevieve learns from the ____________ that Joseph has been taken a prisoner in March, 1943.
(a) International Red Cross.
(b) Doctors Without Borders.
(d) American Red Cross.
10. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His reputation.
(c) His work.
11. Anna later realizes just how much of her personality she has received from ___________.
(d) Mei Wah.
12. What does Joseph stage before he is shipped to Vancouver in order to get him out the country?
(a) Hunger strike.
13. During what year of her college education does Anna learn about her father?
14. Where does Joseph find the items that he has hidden before the war?
(a) In his office.
(b) In a package with his name on it.
(c) In a closet.
(d) Nowhere. They are gone.
15. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who refuses to leave Hong Kong, which causes him to be arrested?
2. Who does Anna end up marrying in 1953 after she graduates college?
3. Where is the postmark from on the letter that Genevieve receives from Joseph in 1942?
4. Who hosts a party to celebrate Anna and her husband's first wedding anniversary?
5. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)