|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family welcomes Joseph to __________, and he is soon accepted as a part of the family again.
(a) Boxing Day.
2. What does Joseph invite Anna and the baby to, which she accepts?
(a) To tea.
(b) To live with him.
(c) To dinner.
3. What does Joseph obtain in order to begin to import cars and trucks into the country?
(a) A business permit.
(b) A new home.
(c) Import license.
(d) A tax license.
4. Joseph is nervous about ________ since his United States assets have been frozen.
(a) His work.
(d) His reputation.
5. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
6. _________ says that Joseph is a person who only thinks of himself and does not concern himself with others.
(c) Mei Wei.
7. What is the birthday on which Anna tells her husband that she is pregnant with her second child?
8. Who becomes more talkative and more open as time goes on?
9. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Internment camp.
(b) Media control.
(c) Work camp.
(d) Solitary confinement.
10. Joseph is accused of being a _________ and is held in a cell for three weeks without any questioning or charges.
11. Anna and Genevieve will be going to _________ in a month, even though Anna is not comfortable with this idea.
(a) New York.
(d) San Francisco.
12. Shanghai has always felt like ________ to Joseph, even if his wife and daughter are not around.
13. What does Anna do with the money that she receives from selling the gift Joseph gets her?
(a) Donates it to church.
(b) Buys a car.
(c) Sends it back.
(d) Burns it.
14. What do Anna and Genevieve soon learn about the condition of Genevieve?
(a) She has leukemia.
(b) She has arthritis.
(c) She has dementia.
(d) She is healthy for her age.
15. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
(a) Forget Joseph.
(b) Forgive Joseph.
(d) Forgive Genevieve.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph do for the family in order to help them out with their home?
2. When Anna graduates _________, her family takes her out to a famous Hollywood restaurant.
3. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
4. How much of Joseph's money has been unfrozen as of New Year's Eve, helping him to take care of his family?
5. What does Joseph send to Anna as a gift on her seventeenth birthday?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)