|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
(c) Mei Wah.
2. What is the time of the new curfew, which is one of the biggest changes in the city, according to the book?
(a) 12:00 am.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 11:00 pm.
(d) 10:00 pm.
3. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
4. Anna and Joseph go to Hsin Hung Chong where he needs to take a picture for an ___________ claim.
5. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Give away a car.
(d) Pay ransom.
6. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) North Korea.
(d) South Korea.
7. What does Joseph put into the safe before he and Anna leave to go shopping on the way home?
(c) Money belt.
(d) Her necklace.
8. What continues to be held in Cerecle Sportif in the city, oblivious to the events going on around it?
(b) Sweet sixteen party.
9. What does Anna find in the closet when she goes off to explore, bored with drawing maps?
(a) A bible.
(b) Japanese yen.
(d) United States dollars.
10. Even though Genevieve sometimes objects, Joseph often takes _________ out on his outings.
(b) No one.
(d) Mei Wah.
11. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
12. What do Genevieve and Anna notice when they are shopping in the city?
13. What does Genevieve do that causes them to make plans to move to Los Angeles?
(a) Buys tickets.
(b) Packs her bags.
(c) Divorces Joseph.
14. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
(a) Nancy Drew.
(c) Judy Blume.
(d) Hardy Boys.
15. Joseph finds out that the bombings in the city had been a/an ____________.
(b) Targeted attack.
(c) Warning sign.
(d) Good idea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
2. When Anna and Genevieve arrive at their final destination, who does Anna meet for the first time?
3. Who becomes sick at night with a fever causing Joseph to apologize for the way that he behaved that day?
4. The American ___________ is the facility that helps by delivering food and supplies to the internment camp.
5. At this point of the story, Joseph becomes involved in the business of _________, including yen trading.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)