Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
(a) Her shoes.
(d) A piece of paper.
2. Where does Joseph decide to hide all of his valuable papers and money? Under the __________.
(a) House foundation.
3. Joseph tells Genevieve that he needs time to __________ before he can leave.
(b) Make more money.
(c) Say goodbye.
(d) Shut down his businesses.
4. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
5. In what sort of house does the family live when they are in Shanghai?
6. Colonel _________ tells the people at the camp that so long as they obey the rules, they will be fine.
7. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
(b) Pay ransom.
(c) Call the police.
(d) Give away a car.
8. On _________ mornings, Joseph takes Anna to the Foreign Correspondents Club.
9. Who begins to dress differently and to act differently than they used to in Shanghai?
10. Though the family is wealthy, they only have ________ live-in servants, according to the story's description.
11. Prisoners can only leave the camp, for the most part, if they are near _________.
12. What is the name of the family's favorite eating place where Joseph takes Anna?
13. At what university were both of the parents in this story students when they first met?
14. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
(a) January 25.
(b) January 24.
(c) January 13.
(d) January 4.
15. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
(b) Hardy Boys.
(c) Nancy Drew.
(d) Judy Blume.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first place Genevieve and Joseph live after they have graduated college?
2. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
3. Joseph predicts that the fighting in the city will only last a __________, and he doesn't appear to be concerned.
4. A note talks about how __________ will be punished if they write anything bad about the government.
5. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)