|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who keeps telling Anna that things will get better, even as Anna doesn't make friends?
2. What is the name of the better quarters in which Joseph and the other leaders are housed?
3. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
4. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
5. Who arrives to pick up Anna after the kidnapping incident, according to the story?
(a) No one.
(c) The police.
(d) Mei Wah.
6. Questioning means _________, as Joseph learns from a young journalist who he had helped bring into the camp.
(c) An out.
7. What continues to be held in Cerecle Sportif in the city, oblivious to the events going on around it?
(d) Sweet sixteen party.
8. _________ troops are ordered to leave Shanghai in November of 1941, according to the story.
9. At this point of the story, Joseph becomes involved in the business of _________, including yen trading.
10. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) North Korea.
(d) South Korea.
11. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
12. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
(a) January 25.
(b) January 13.
(c) January 4.
(d) January 24.
13. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(a) A basket.
(c) A doll.
14. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
15. The American Club becomes the Japanese _________ Headquarters, according to the story's details.
(b) Air Force.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
2. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
3. Joseph has Anna draw maps of _________ while he is working at his office, during the story.
4. What does Joseph begin to deal in when the new government takes over in Shanghai?
5. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)