Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call Liu and Company, one of her favorite places to go on the trips with her father?
(a) Paper store.
(b) Candy shop.
(c) Fruit basket.
(d) Book shelf.
2. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
(a) A summons to court.
(b) Decapitated head.
(c) A poster.
(d) A letter from Anna.
3. John Barrows decides to choose Joseph as his ___________, in order to watch over the other internees.
4. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
5. Joseph is interned in the former United States __________ barrack on Haiphong Road.
(b) Air Force.
6. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
(a) Anna's fever.
7. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
8. Joseph tells Anna that no matter what happens with Japan, they will be safe in the ______________.
(a) Internment camps.
(b) Border Town.
(c) International Settlement.
9. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
(a) War photos.
(c) A locked box.
10. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Pay ransom.
(c) Give away a car.
11. What does Joseph love above anything else, so much so that he teaches his daughter about it?
12. When Anna and Genevieve arrive at their final destination, who does Anna meet for the first time?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her grandfather.
(c) Her uncle.
(d) Her grandmother.
13. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
14. Where does Joseph decide to hide all of his valuable papers and money? Under the __________.
(d) House foundation.
15. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
2. Joseph and the others at the camp are allowed to attend a __________ in the summer of 1943.
3. Where are Anna and her father supposed to meet their servant?
4. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
5. Prisoners can only leave the camp, for the most part, if they are near _________.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)