|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna knows that she will ____________, which is why she doesn't pack up all of her books and toys.
(a) Buy more.
(b) Not have room.
(c) Be back.
(d) Grow up quickly.
2. What do Genevieve and Will Marsh do in order to speed up the release of Joseph from the kidnappers?
(b) Give away a car.
(c) Pay ransom.
(d) Call the police.
3. Joseph says that he can't make _________ by leaving Shanghai at this point in time.
4. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
5. The American ___________ is the facility that helps by delivering food and supplies to the internment camp.
6. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
7. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
(a) War photos.
(b) A locked box.
8. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
9. What does Anna get to drink on the morning of her seventh birthday?
(b) Hot cocoa.
10. Where does Anna decide to hide the yen note she finds on the floor?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) The closet.
(d) A book.
11. Though the family is wealthy, they only have ________ live-in servants, according to the story's description.
12. Where does Joseph end up moving to after he has closed up the home?
(a) His parents' house.
(b) Internment camp.
(c) American Club.
(d) The missionary.
13. What does Genevieve do that causes them to make plans to move to Los Angeles?
(a) Packs her bags.
(b) Divorces Joseph.
(d) Buys tickets.
14. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(c) A basket.
(d) A doll.
15. Where is Joseph taken after is is accused of witnessing the prisoner ask to have a letter smuggled out?
(a) Bridge Manor.
(b) Bridge House.
(d) A metal cage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
2. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
3. Joseph is interned in the former United States __________ barrack on Haiphong Road.
4. What course does Genevieve enroll in so that she might find a job to support her family?
5. Joseph points out on the map that _________ is trying to take over China.
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)