|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Prisoners can only leave the camp, for the most part, if they are near _________.
2. What is the road on which the big shopping area is located, according to the book?
(a) Nanking Road.
(b) Vilrog Road.
(c) Nakora Road.
(d) Hupsong Road.
3. Joseph has Anna draw maps of _________ while he is working at his office, during the story.
(c) United States.
4. Who becomes sick at night with a fever causing Joseph to apologize for the way that he behaved that day?
(a) No one.
(b) Mei Wah.
5. Joseph tells Genevieve that he needs time to __________ before he can leave.
(a) Say goodbye.
(b) Make more money.
(c) Shut down his businesses.
6. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
(a) January 4.
(b) January 24.
(c) January 13.
(d) January 25.
7. Joseph is interned in the former United States __________ barrack on Haiphong Road.
(b) Air Force.
8. Even though Genevieve sometimes objects, Joseph often takes _________ out on his outings.
(a) Mei Wah.
(b) No one.
9. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
(a) His journals.
(b) His legal issues.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His money.
10. Colonel _________ tells the people at the camp that so long as they obey the rules, they will be fine.
11. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
12. What does Anna give back to her father, thinking that she might have been the one who started the war?
13. John Barrows decides to choose Joseph as his ___________, in order to watch over the other internees.
14. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
15. What does Joseph put into the safe before he and Anna leave to go shopping on the way home?
(b) Money belt.
(d) Her necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. On _________ mornings, Joseph takes Anna to the Foreign Correspondents Club.
2. Anna knows that she will ____________, which is why she doesn't pack up all of her books and toys.
3. What does Anna find in the closet when she goes off to explore, bored with drawing maps?
4. Where does Joseph decide to hide all of his valuable papers and money? Under the __________.
5. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)