|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
(a) His legal issues.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His journals.
(d) His money.
2. Who keeps telling Anna that things will get better, even as Anna doesn't make friends?
3. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
(a) Hardy Boys.
(c) Judy Blume.
(d) Nancy Drew.
4. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
(c) A piece of paper.
(d) Her shoes.
5. What did the Japanese want from Joseph? They wanted him to be a ___________.
(a) Bank roller.
(d) Legal officer.
6. What is the road on which the big shopping area is located, according to the book?
(a) Nanking Road.
(b) Nakora Road.
(c) Vilrog Road.
(d) Hupsong Road.
7. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
(c) Mei Wah.
8. What does Joseph put into the safe before he and Anna leave to go shopping on the way home?
(a) Her necklace.
(b) Money belt.
9. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
(a) No city falls.
10. Questioning means _________, as Joseph learns from a young journalist who he had helped bring into the camp.
(d) An out.
11. What course does Genevieve enroll in so that she might find a job to support her family?
(d) Real estate.
12. Though the family is wealthy, they only have ________ live-in servants, according to the story's description.
13. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
(c) Anna's fever.
14. At the age of six, Anna knows enough about kidnappings to know that they have to __________.
(a) Make a trade.
(c) Be quiet.
15. Where does Joseph end up moving to after he has closed up the home?
(a) The missionary.
(b) His parents' house.
(c) Internment camp.
(d) American Club.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
2. What is the first place Genevieve and Joseph live after they have graduated college?
3. Where does Joseph decide to hide all of his valuable papers and money? Under the __________.
4. A note talks about how __________ will be punished if they write anything bad about the government.
5. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)