|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
2. What does Joseph put into the safe before he and Anna leave to go shopping on the way home?
(a) Money belt.
(b) Her necklace.
3. What does Joseph love above anything else, so much so that he teaches his daughter about it?
4. What does Genevieve do that causes them to make plans to move to Los Angeles?
(a) Buys tickets.
(c) Divorces Joseph.
(d) Packs her bags.
5. Even though Genevieve sometimes objects, Joseph often takes _________ out on his outings.
(a) Mei Wah.
(b) No one.
6. The only news that anyone receives when they are in the camp is the ________ Times and a Russian radio station.
7. When war is declared on August 7, ________ law is declared in the area and in the International Settlement.
8. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
9. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
10. What is the name of the family's favorite eating place where Joseph takes Anna?
11. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
12. Joseph tells Anna that no matter what happens with Japan, they will be safe in the ______________.
(a) Internment camps.
(b) International Settlement.
(c) Border Town.
13. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
(b) Anna's fever.
14. What do Genevieve and Anna notice when they are shopping in the city?
15. Where is Joseph taken after is is accused of witnessing the prisoner ask to have a letter smuggled out?
(a) Bridge House.
(b) A metal cage.
(c) Bridge Manor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
2. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
3. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
4. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
5. Anna knows that she will ____________, which is why she doesn't pack up all of her books and toys.
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)