|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call Liu and Company, one of her favorite places to go on the trips with her father?
(a) Fruit basket.
(b) Candy shop.
(c) Book shelf.
(d) Paper store.
2. Anna is enrolled in Oneonta _______ school when she arrives in Los Angeles during this point of the story.
3. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
4. _________ troops are ordered to leave Shanghai in November of 1941, according to the story.
5. What is signaled in the town which leads Genevieve to tell Mei Wah to take them home from shopping?
(d) Air raids.
6. When war is declared on August 7, ________ law is declared in the area and in the International Settlement.
7. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
8. What does Joseph love above anything else, so much so that he teaches his daughter about it?
9. Joseph has Anna draw maps of _________ while he is working at his office, during the story.
(b) United States.
10. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
(d) Anna's fever.
11. Where does Anna decide to hide the yen note she finds on the floor?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) She doesn't.
(c) A book.
(d) The closet.
12. At what university were both of the parents in this story students when they first met?
13. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
(d) No city falls.
14. The American ___________ is the facility that helps by delivering food and supplies to the internment camp.
15. What is the time of the new curfew, which is one of the biggest changes in the city, according to the book?
(a) 11:00 pm.
(b) 9:00 pm.
(c) 10:00 pm.
(d) 12:00 am.
Short Answer Questions
1. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
2. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
3. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
4. Joseph predicts that the fighting in the city will only last a __________, and he doesn't appear to be concerned.
5. Gran always buys how many books a week for Anna to read so that she can learn to read more easily?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)