|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna call Liu and Company, one of her favorite places to go on the trips with her father?
(a) Candy shop.
(b) Paper store.
(c) Fruit basket.
(d) Book shelf.
2. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
3. Where is Joseph taken after is is accused of witnessing the prisoner ask to have a letter smuggled out?
(b) Bridge Manor.
(c) Bridge House.
(d) A metal cage.
4. Anna begins to learn how to do all of the things that the ________ used to do in Shanghai.
5. What does Joseph begin to deal in when the new government takes over in Shanghai?
(b) Raw materials.
6. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
(d) Mei Wah.
7. What is the name of the better quarters in which Joseph and the other leaders are housed?
8. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
(a) A summons to court.
(b) A letter from Anna.
(c) Decapitated head.
(d) A poster.
9. Joseph and the others at the camp are allowed to attend a __________ in the summer of 1943.
(b) Birthday party.
10. What does Joseph love above anything else, so much so that he teaches his daughter about it?
11. Though the family is wealthy, they only have ________ live-in servants, according to the story's description.
12. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(a) A basket.
(b) A doll.
13. What do Genevieve and Anna notice when they are shopping in the city?
14. What continues to be held in Cerecle Sportif in the city, oblivious to the events going on around it?
(b) Sweet sixteen party.
15. Who becomes sick at night with a fever causing Joseph to apologize for the way that he behaved that day?
(a) No one.
(b) Mei Wah.
Short Answer Questions
1. On _________ mornings, Joseph takes Anna to the Foreign Correspondents Club.
2. What does Anna give back to her father, thinking that she might have been the one who started the war?
3. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
4. Joseph predicts that the fighting in the city will only last a __________, and he doesn't appear to be concerned.
5. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)