|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What series of books becomes Ann's favorite when she first discovers them?
(a) Judy Blume.
(c) Nancy Drew.
(d) Hardy Boys.
2. At what university were both of the parents in this story students when they first met?
3. Questioning means _________, as Joseph learns from a young journalist who he had helped bring into the camp.
(b) An out.
4. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
(a) January 13.
(b) January 25.
(c) January 4.
(d) January 24.
5. Joseph has Anna draw maps of _________ while he is working at his office, during the story.
(c) United States.
6. In January, 1940, what do Joseph and Will Marsh find on the way to the theater?
(a) A poster.
(b) A summons to court.
(c) Decapitated head.
(d) A letter from Anna.
7. John Barrows decides to choose Joseph as his ___________, in order to watch over the other internees.
8. Joseph says that he can't make _________ by leaving Shanghai at this point in time.
9. What does Anna get to drink on the morning of her seventh birthday?
(b) Hot cocoa.
10. How many other men are assigned to the same room that Joseph is assigned to?
11. Joseph and the others at the camp are allowed to attend a __________ in the summer of 1943.
(a) Birthday party.
12. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
(a) No city falls.
13. What is the last name of the family that is featured in this story?
14. What continues to be held in Cerecle Sportif in the city, oblivious to the events going on around it?
(b) Sweet sixteen party.
15. What is the name of the better quarters in which Joseph and the other leaders are housed?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
2. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
3. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
4. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
5. Joseph finds out that the bombings in the city had been a/an ____________.
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)