|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what university were both of the parents in this story students when they first met?
2. Where does Anna decide to hide the yen note she finds on the floor?
(a) Her shoe.
(b) A book.
(c) She doesn't.
(d) The closet.
3. What is the first place Genevieve and Joseph live after they have graduated college?
(c) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
4. Joseph and the others at the camp are allowed to attend a __________ in the summer of 1943.
(b) Birthday party.
5. A note talks about how __________ will be punished if they write anything bad about the government.
6. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) North Korea.
(d) South Korea.
7. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
8. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
9. What does Joseph tell Anna the gendarmes are looking for in the city?
(a) A piece of paper.
(c) Her shoes.
10. Where does Joseph decide to hide all of his valuable papers and money? Under the __________.
(a) House foundation.
11. What does Anna get to drink on the morning of her seventh birthday?
(a) Hot cocoa.
12. _______ thinks the city is different with all of the Japanese sentries in place, according to the book.
(b) Mei Wah.
13. Prisoners can only leave the camp, for the most part, if they are near _________.
14. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
15. When Anna and Genevieve arrive at their final destination, who does Anna meet for the first time?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her grandfather.
(d) Her grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who keeps telling Anna that things will get better, even as Anna doesn't make friends?
2. What does Anna find in the closet when she goes off to explore, bored with drawing maps?
3. What does Anna's father say that he can leave her after he dies?
4. What is the date that Genevieve and Anna leave in order to make the trip to Los Angeles?
5. What does Anna give back to her father, thinking that she might have been the one who started the war?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)