|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna find when she is looking in her parents' room to find her birthday presents?
(a) War photos.
(d) A locked box.
2. Who regards the house on Jungjoa as a temporary home, according to the book?
3. What is the first place Genevieve and Joseph live after they have graduated college?
(a) New York.
(d) Los Angeles.
4. Anna knows that she will ____________, which is why she doesn't pack up all of her books and toys.
(a) Be back.
(b) Buy more.
(c) Not have room.
(d) Grow up quickly.
5. Anna is enrolled in Oneonta _______ school when she arrives in Los Angeles during this point of the story.
6. What does Joseph begin to deal in when the new government takes over in Shanghai?
(b) Raw materials.
7. Joseph is accused of witnessing a prisoner, _________, asking to have a letter smuggled out of the camp.
(a) Joe Masters.
(b) Richard Fletcher.
(c) Mei Wah.
(d) Will Masters.
8. When war is declared on August 7, ________ law is declared in the area and in the International Settlement.
9. Who arrives to pick up Anna after the kidnapping incident, according to the story?
(a) Mei Wah.
(b) The police.
(d) No one.
10. At what university were both of the parents in this story students when they first met?
11. What does Joseph put into the safe before he and Anna leave to go shopping on the way home?
(a) Money belt.
(c) Her necklace.
12. What is the first career into which Joseph goes after he has graduated from college?
13. What is the birthday gift that Anna receives when she turns seven-years-old, just as she had wanted?
(c) A doll.
(d) A basket.
14. What is the name of the family's favorite eating place where Joseph takes Anna?
15. Foreigners cannot go outside the city limits after the Japanese attack on ______________.
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) South Korea.
(d) North Korea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joseph end up moving to after he has closed up the home?
2. What is the road on which the big shopping area is located, according to the book?
3. Where does Anna decide to hide the yen note she finds on the floor?
4. What is the last name of the family that is featured in this story?
5. John Barrows decides to choose Joseph as his ___________, in order to watch over the other internees.
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)