|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Promise, pgs. 301 - 316.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Instead of being killed during his interrogation, Joseph is placed into ___________.
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) Work camp.
(c) Internment camp.
(d) Media control.
2. What does Anna find in the closet when she goes off to explore, bored with drawing maps?
(a) Japanese yen.
(b) United States dollars.
(d) A bible.
3. What does Joseph see being driven by a Chinese man, though he reclaims it in the name of the government?
(c) Rolls Royce.
4. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
5. _________ troops are ordered to leave Shanghai in November of 1941, according to the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who walks away from the conversation between Anna and Joseph at the funeral?
2. In what sort of house does the family live when they are in Shanghai?
3. Joseph finally decides to close down the house in the ________ of 1941 in order to meet up with his daughter and wife.
4. How many Japanese die at the Hunngjao airfield, causing Japanese warships to arrive?
5. According to this section of the book, __________ is more dangerous now than it was when it was under the Japanese rule.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)