|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Promise, pgs. 301 - 316.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city in China falls on July 28, 1937, according to the book's description?
(b) No city falls.
2. _________ troops are ordered to leave Shanghai in November of 1941, according to the story.
3. What happens when Anna reads about her mother's condition at the library?
4. What did Joseph's parents do when he was growing up as a child?
5. Genevieve tells Anna that according to newspaper articles, Joseph was released from prison and is now in __________.
(a) New York.
(d) Hong Kong.
Short Answer Questions
1. Joseph is moved to the ______ hotel, where he learns that all foreigner assets have been frozen, as well as bank accounts.
2. What begins to return to normal after the Japanese take over in Shanghai?
3. __________ liberation army and the Chinese Nationalist troops are the two factions at war.
4. For how long is Joseph in Chungking, according to this section of the story?
5. Anna agrees to __________ in order to make her mother happy as she recuperates from her illness.
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)