Prologue, Dust, Shanghai, pgs. 1-24
* Anna's father was a Shanghai millionaire in the 1930s.
* When Anna's father dies, she finds a box with his journals, telling of his life in Shanghai.
* When Anna is six, she and her family live in a villa on Jungjoa road.
* Anna's father tries to teach her about Shanghai so that she might love the city as much as he does.
Shanghai, Acrobats and Vinegar, pgs. 25-51
* Anna can't read Chinese, so she asks her father for help.
* Anna is given money by her father, and she also finds a note that she hides in her shoe.
* Anna, her father, and Will Marsh all meet up to eat at Jimmy's.
* Two men in a black sedan take Anna's father away.
* Will Marsh makes the arrangements to pay the kidnappers.
* Will suggests leaving Shanghai, though Joseph does not want to.
* Genevieve is worried about...
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)