|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did medieval men think each planet had?
(a) Their own form of time.
(b) Their own god.
(c) Their own personality.
(d) Their own populations.
2. What is a point of modern contention about the longaevi?
(a) Their purpose.
(b) Their creation.
(c) Their powers.
(d) Their reality.
3. Who did those who called the longaevi a fallen class think they were?
(a) Rebellious dead.
(b) All of these.
(c) Servants of the devil.
(d) Fallen angels.
4. What did geographers try to find the location of?
(a) The Garden of Eden.
(b) The volcano of Dante.
(c) The Garden of Gethsemane.
(d) The fountain of youth.
5. What shape did medieval man believe the earth was?
(a) A sphere.
(b) A hemisphere.
(c) A flat disc.
(d) A rhombus.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was mapping authority denied in Asia?
2. Where would one find the fifth element?
3. What does "longaevi" mean?
4. What did medieval scholars have a crude knowledge of?
5. Which soul was created by God?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the church feel about astrology?
2. What are some of the things that planets caused men to do according to astrology?
3. What did Lewis say medieval man was enamored with, and how did this change their literature?
4. What did medieval scholars think were the two parts of the rational soul, and how do they work?
5. What was the fifth element, and where did it exist?
6. How did medieval man explain insanity?
7. How did Lewis say Chaucer prefer to invent his stories and why?
8. How did medieval people think fallen angels formed?
9. How did the lower spheres move according to medieval scholars, and why?
10. What is obvious about the medieval belief in mythological creatures?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)