|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Lewis say was most notable about renaissance literature?
(a) Their confidence.
(b) Their theories.
(c) Their experience.
(d) Their knowledge.
2. What did medieval writers think the world around them was a reflection of?
(a) The sins and cruelty of man.
(b) The worlds of the dead.
(c) The heavens.
(d) The goodness of God.
3. What attribute does Lewis say medieval writers had that modern ones do not?
4. Which of these was NOT one of the kinds of souls believed in by medieval man?
5. What is it important to remember that the prime mover is NOT?
(b) A man.
(d) An angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did medieval man say were neither good nor bad?
2. What does Lewis say can help people better understand the renaissance style of writing?
3. Why did some longaevi not want to be seen by people?
4. What is a point of modern contention about the longaevi?
5. How did Christians feel about predicting things?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the lower spheres move according to medieval scholars, and why?
2. What is the first thought some writers had about the nature of Longaevi?
3. How did medieval literature say the sensitive soul divided?
4. What led to Longaevi not being widely spoken about?
5. How did the prime mover move, and why?
6. What does Lewis say was the most important thing to remember about medieval belief in mythological creatures?
7. What does Lewis say the modern reader can do to better understand the medieval style of literature?
8. What did Lewis say medieval man was enamored with, and how did this change their literature?
9. What does Lewis say one of the most notable features of renaissance literature is?
10. Which did the medieval scholars decide were created first, the soul or the body?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)