|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Earth and Her Inhabitants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Christians feel about predicting things?
(a) They condemned it, but admitted it worked.
(b) They condemned it and thought it was bogus.
(c) They were amused by it, but gave it no credence.
(d) They feared it but admitted it worked.
2. Who used the prime mover for his own purposes according to medieval beliefs?
(c) The moon.
(d) The devil.
3. What did medieval men think only a wise man could do?
(a) Divine the future by studying the past.
(b) Resist the influence of the planets.
(c) Ignore astrology.
(d) See into the future.
4. Who was Amyclas NOT intimidated by?
(a) His god.
(b) His wife.
5. Why was it harder for pagans to write about nature?
(a) It was hard to define.
(b) It was not based on religion.
(c) It was not important.
(d) It was all encompassing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the medieval people call the fifth element?
2. What did medieval man think guided the celestial spheres?
3. What did the medieval spirits become in Christian writing?
4. What was the prime mover trying to imitate?
5. What did the term "the end of the earth" mean to medieval people?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)