|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter VII: The Earth and Her Inhabitants.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did medieval man think guided the earthly spheres?
(a) The prime mover.
(c) Their own intelligence.
2. What is an Antipode?
(a) A star.
(b) A region of earth.
(c) A kind of storm.
(d) A mythological creature.
3. What is the story about Cato and Marcia an allegory for?
4. How many kinds of souls did medieval man think there were?
5. What does Somnious Scipionus mean?
(a) The Dream of Scipio.
(b) Reverence to Scipio.
(c) The Scorpion's Revenge.
(d) The Dream of the Scorpion.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote about Amyclas?
2. Who taught medieval man how the heavens moved?
3. What separated nature from the sky?
4. Which of these was NOT one of the kinds of souls believed in by medieval man?
5. Where did the souls of the just go according to medieval beliefs?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)