|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frida signal in an image in which arrows point at her naked body?
(a) Painful areas.
(b) Places where she can combine her body with an animal body.
(c) Points that she writes "Diego once loved."
(d) Sites of surgeries.
2. What childhood memory does Frida write about in 1950?
(a) Taking ballet classes.
(b) Chewing on a doll's foot.
(c) Playing with an imaginary friend.
(d) Playing with a neighbor boy.
3. Why does Frida create a list of things she is thankful for?
(a) She is thankful for learning to walk after surgery.
(b) She is thankful for her upcoming exposition.
(c) She is thankful for learning to speak in public.
(d) She is thankful for her pregnancy.
4. What signature does Frida use several times in the Diary?
(a) The Little Frida.
(c) Mrs. K. de Rivera.
5. What does Lowe write that a dot within a circle symbolized to the Aztecs?
(c) A single unit.
(d) Eggs, fertility, and birth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Frida write that she and her sister would watch revolutionary soldiers?
2. What story does Lowe liken Frida's childhood memory to?
3. Who does Frida refer to with the signature "Yrenaica"?
4. Which of the following does Frida include in her final written entry in the Diary?
5. What does Frida draw hanging from a clothesline?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Frida draw her right foot?
2. What does Frida pair with Communist symbols?
3. How does Frida describe Communism and its leaders?
4. How does Frida describe her early life in her "Outline of my life"?
5. How does Frida depict skeletons?
6. How does Frida describe the United States and England?
7. Which painting does Frida plan in a preliminary sketch in her diary?
8. How does Frida place herself in a pre-Columbian setting?
9. Frida uses the signature Sadja. What does this mean?
10. Frida creates a winged figure, and writes about Diego. What does she write about Diego in this entry?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)