|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lowe write is associated in pre-Columbian mythology with the right foot?
(c) A full moon.
2. What does Kahlo write about the artist Bosch?
(a) Notes on the characters he painted.
(b) The name of his wife, and a brief description of her physical problems.
(c) Notes on his use of the "golden section."
(d) The dates and place he lived.
3. What signature does Frida use several times in the Diary?
(a) The Little Frida.
(b) Mrs. K. de Rivera.
4. In the image labeled "SUN," and "MOON," there is a woman labeled "ME?" Which of the following describe this woman?
(a) She has one foot.
(b) She is on fire.
(c) She has one arm.
(d) She is drowning.
5. What does Lowe write that Frida suffered from in her foot?
(a) Hammer toe.
(b) Athlete's foot.
(d) Trophic ulcers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Frida credit with the fact that she is "no longer alone"?
2. What does Lowe write to explain the piece The Two Fridas, painted in 1939?
3. What figure does Lowe believe is depicted in flames in Frida's image labeled "Footprints and sunprints"?
4. Who does Frida write that she would like to serve as a "craftswoman"?
5. What does Frida paint as burning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frida describe life after her leg is amputated?
2. What doctor does Frida make reference to?
3. What image does Lowe write that Frida paints from "a worm's-eye view"?
4. How does Frida remember Isabel Villasenor?
5. What does Frida write about her leg?
6. What does Frida write about the painter Hieronymus Bosh?
7. What is the Eyesaurus.
8. Frida creates a winged figure, and writes about Diego. What does she write about Diego in this entry?
9. What does Frida pair with Communist symbols?
10. How does Frida categorize her art?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)