|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the "golden section," which Frida writes of as the "seccion de oro"?
(a) Part of the Metropolitan Cathedral in Mexico City.
(b) It is the way in which the golden rule, or "being as kind to others as you would like them to be to you," is described in Mexico.
(c) A way of breeding monkeys.
(d) An equation that is "thought to be inherently harmonic."
2. Which of the following does Frida include in her final written entry in the Diary?
(a) "Art has been the greatest thing of my life."
(b) "I sense that the end is near -- it is magic."
(c) "I hope the leaving is joyful -- and I hope never to return."
(d) "Death will be the greatest miracle of my life. An end to the suffering."
3. What does Lowe write that it means when she paints her right foot?
(a) It is a comical referrence to Diego Rivera's delicate painting of women's feet.
(b) The foot was a Toltec symbol.
(c) This foot brought her pain, so she may have been focused on pain.
(d) It is a reflection on her childhood illness that affected this foot.
4. In an image labeled "Dog," where does Frida place the dog?
(a) Swimming in a pond.
(b) In her garden.
(c) Jumping at the sight of a firework.
(d) Around a man's neck.
5. What does Lowe write that a dot within a circle symbolized to the Aztecs?
(c) Eggs, fertility, and birth.
(d) A single unit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following did Frida write over an image of a foot?
2. What does Frida draw hanging from a clothesline?
3. In the image where Frida paints "an angel and putto," what does Lowe write that Frida creates instead of stars?
4. What does Lowe write to explain the piece The Two Fridas, painted in 1939?
5. Who does Frida write "lulls her to sleep"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What interest does Frida show in art technique and tradition?
2. What image does Lowe write that Frida paints from "a worm's-eye view"?
3. How does Frida describe life after her leg is amputated?
4. How does Frida depict skeletons?
5. What anniversary does Frida mark with a diary entry?
6. What does Frida pair with Communist symbols?
7. How does Frida alter an erotic photo of a woman?
8. Describe the two vases that Frida depicts crying.
9. How does Frida remember Isabel Villasenor?
10. What image does Frida create with the word "sleep"?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)