|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Frida sit in an image of her holding Diego Rivera as her child?
(a) On the lap of a woman who personifies Mexico.
(b) On the lap of a woman who personifies the universe.
(c) On an oversized leaf.
(d) In the middle of a desert landscape.
2. Why does Lowe believe Frida can paint her own death?
(a) She hopes it is pleasant.
(b) She faced it frequently.
(c) She has already said goodbye to her loved ones.
(d) She plans her own death.
3. Who is Olinka?
(a) Francisco Madero's wife
(b) Frida's cousin
(c) Isabel Villasenor's daughter
(d) Maria Izquierdo's daughter
4. What does Frida describe as "the harmony of form and color"?
(b) Human biological functions.
5. What does Frida write is "the only true reason to live for"?
(a) To paint.
(b) The revolution.
(c) To enjoy secret love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last image in Frida's diary?
2. Frida paints two images of death. The first is labeled "Deaths in a Riot." What is the mood of this image?
3. What does Lowe write that it means when she paints her right foot?
4. Which two political systems does Lowe note that Frida pairs?
5. What did Frida claim she painted?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frida describe the United States and England?
2. What significance does the number 379 have to Frida?
3. What childhood memory does Frida describe, and could be seen as the origins of The Two Fridas?
4. Which painting does Frida plan in a preliminary sketch in her diary?
5. How does Frida alter an erotic photo of a woman?
6. What image does Frida create with the word "sleep"?
7. In what image does Frida draw a pigeon?
8. What is the Eyesaurus.
9. What interest does Frida show in art technique and tradition?
10. What image does Lowe write that Frida paints from "a worm's-eye view"?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)