|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lowe write that Citlali means?
2. Which two political systems does Lowe note that Frida pairs?
(a) Aztec and Communist.
(b) Mayan and Aztec.
(c) Aztec and the ruling political party in Colombia.
(d) Communist and Argentine.
3. In an image labeled "Dog," where does Frida place the dog?
(a) Jumping at the sight of a firework.
(b) Swimming in a pond.
(c) In her garden.
(d) Around a man's neck.
4. Why does Frida create a list of things she is thankful for?
(a) She is thankful for learning to walk after surgery.
(b) She is thankful for learning to speak in public.
(c) She is thankful for her upcoming exposition.
(d) She is thankful for her pregnancy.
5. What pair of drawings does Frida label "Don't come crying to me!" and "Yes, I come crying to you"?
(a) Drawings of Diego Rivera and a model working with him.
(b) Drawings of a pot and pan.
(c) Drawings of birds.
(d) Drawings of vases.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Frida claim she painted?
2. Who is Olinka?
3. Who does Frida write that she is working on a painting for?
4. Who does Frida refer to with the signature "Yrenaica"?
5. What is the name of the monstrous creature that Frida paints in green, wrapped with red ribbons?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Frida depict skeletons?
2. How does Frida describe Communism and its leaders?
3. What interest does Frida show in art technique and tradition?
4. How does Frida describe her early life in her "Outline of my life"?
5. Frida creates a winged figure, and writes about Diego. What does she write about Diego in this entry?
6. What anniversary does Frida mark with a diary entry?
7. How does Frida remember Isabel Villasenor?
8. How does Frida describe life after her leg is amputated?
9. How does Frida alter an erotic photo of a woman?
10. What doctor does Frida make reference to?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)