|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the monstrous creature that Frida paints in green, wrapped with red ribbons?
(a) A "Boogie Man," called "El coco" in Spanish.
(b) The ghost of a dead child.
(c) An "Ooglersaurus."
(d) An "Eyesaurus."
2. What does Lowe write that Citlali means?
3. Which of the following is the central image in a page labeled "I love Diego"?
(a) A donkey.
(b) An ink spill.
(c) Her "plaster corset."
(d) A foggy window.
4. Why does Lowe believe Frida can paint her own death?
(a) She plans her own death.
(b) She faced it frequently.
(c) She hopes it is pleasant.
(d) She has already said goodbye to her loved ones.
5. What violent event does Frida recall from her childhood in an entry that describes her early life?
(a) Witnessing a death in the offices of the local Communist party (which she joined at 13).
(b) Violent fighting in the central plaza of Mexico City.
(c) Her sister falling from a balcony and bleeding all over the interior patio.
(d) Her mother attending wounded Zapatistas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frida write next to the image of a disembodied hand (which Lowe writes is likely Rivera's) caressing an unspecified object?
2. Who did Frida give a painting to that she dated November 7, 1946?
3. Frida paints two images of death. The first is labeled "Deaths in a Riot." What is the mood of this image?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the sentiments that Frida expresses in her Diary toward her husband?
5. What is the first thing Frida mentions as having passed between 1950 and 1951?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Frida write about Stalin?
2. What significance does the number 379 have to Frida?
3. What childhood memory does Frida describe, and could be seen as the origins of The Two Fridas?
4. Frida creates a winged figure, and writes about Diego. What does she write about Diego in this entry?
5. How does Frida remember Isabel Villasenor?
6. What image does Frida create with the word "sleep"?
7. How does Frida describe Communism and its leaders?
8. Frida uses the signature Sadja. What does this mean?
9. How does Frida depict skeletons?
10. What does Frida write about the painter Hieronymus Bosh?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)