|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last image in Frida's diary?
(a) A winged creature.
(b) An apple.
(c) A candle.
2. In 1944, Lowe writes that Kahlo painted herself with someone else, merged into a single head. Who was this?
(a) Leon Trotsky.
(b) Maria Kahlo.
(c) Emiliano Zapata.
(d) Diego Rivera.
3. What song lyrics does Frida repeatedly cite in the Diary?
(a) "Sing and don't cry."
(b) "No man is an island."
(c) "Life is about love, but dancing is fine."
(d) "Tree of hope stand firm."
4. Frida paints two images of death. The first is labeled "Deaths in a Riot." What is the mood of this image?
5. Where does Frida sit in an image of her holding Diego Rivera as her child?
(a) On an oversized leaf.
(b) On the lap of a woman who personifies Mexico.
(c) In the middle of a desert landscape.
(d) On the lap of a woman who personifies the universe.
6. What does Frida equate with being alive?
(a) Having children.
(b) Painting with oil paints.
(c) Being part of the Revolution.
(d) Making her husband's favorite soup.
7. Where does Frida describe meeting an imaginary friend?
(a) At a store.
(b) Near her mother's beauty salon.
(c) At the National Palace.
(d) In the forest.
8. In whose memory does Frida create two pages in her diary?
(a) Maria Izquierdo.
(b) Isabel Villasenor.
(c) Francisco Madero.
(d) Diego Rivera.
9. What film does Isabel Villasenor participate in?
(a) La Casa Azul
(b) Pinto Mi Raya!
(c) Que Viva Mexico!
10. What does Kahlo write about the artist Bosch?
(a) The name of his wife, and a brief description of her physical problems.
(b) Notes on the characters he painted.
(c) Notes on his use of the "golden section."
(d) The dates and place he lived.
11. In the image where Frida paints "an angel and putto," what does Lowe write that Frida creates instead of stars?
(c) Star fish.
12. What is the first thing Frida mentions as having passed between 1950 and 1951?
(a) The presidential elections.
(b) She has 7 surgeries.
(c) Diego Rivera opens his museum.
(d) Her father dies.
13. What does Lowe write to explain the piece The Two Fridas, painted in 1939?
(a) Frida wrote that one was how Diego would have her be, while the other was who she was.
(b) Frida claimed that one was the sick Frida, while the other was the healthy Frida.
(c) Frida wrote that one of these was the Frida Diego loved, the other was the Frida that Diego once loved.
(d) Frida claimed that one was the Frida that her parents had longed for, the other the Frida who was an artist.
14. What does Frida signal in an image in which arrows point at her naked body?
(a) Places where she can combine her body with an animal body.
(b) Sites of surgeries.
(c) Painful areas.
(d) Points that she writes "Diego once loved."
15. Which of the following are among Frida's interests mentioned in the Diary?
(a) Baking cakes.
(b) Arrranging flowers.
(c) Sewing lace.
(d) Making candles.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frida write is "the only true reason to live for"?
2. What does Frida write is the most precious thing?
3. What kind of animal body does Lowe write that Frida painted with her own face (outside of her diary)?
4. What violent event does Frida recall from her childhood in an entry that describes her early life?
5. Frida creates two images of death. One includes roots that above ground turn to flames. Which of the following best describes the mood of the image?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)