|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mr. Xolotl?
(a) A dog.
(b) A poet from Coyoacan.
(c) Frida's name for a kind of tree.
(d) A Mexican ambasador to the U.K.
2. What film does Isabel Villasenor participate in?
(a) Que Viva Mexico!
(c) La Casa Azul
(d) Pinto Mi Raya!
3. What kind of animal body does Lowe write that Frida painted with her own face (outside of her diary)?
(a) A cat.
(b) A deer.
(c) A dog.
(d) A bear.
4. Who did Frida give a painting to that she dated November 7, 1946?
(a) Remedios Varo.
(b) Diego Rivera.
(c) Leon Trotsky.
(d) Maria Izquierdo.
5. What recipe does Frida include in her Diary?
(a) A recipe for deer food.
(b) A recipe for salsa.
(c) An Aztec recipe for verdolagas, also called purslane.
(d) A recipe for paint.
6. What does Frida describe will happen to her leg in her August 1953 entry?
(a) It will be put in a cast.
(b) It will be measured so that a special brace can be made.
(c) She will paint it in a formal painting.
(d) It will be amputated.
7. Who is Miss Capulina?
(a) An artist.
(b) A dog.
(c) A deer.
(d) A poet.
8. What does Lowe write makes a winged creature "speak to Kahlo's wholly subjective image of herself"?
(a) A long Oaxacan skirt.
(b) A cast.
(c) An artificial leg.
(d) A trail of blood.
9. What does Lowe write that Citlali means?
10. What pair of drawings does Frida label "Don't come crying to me!" and "Yes, I come crying to you"?
(a) Drawings of a pot and pan.
(b) Drawings of vases.
(c) Drawings of Diego Rivera and a model working with him.
(d) Drawings of birds.
11. Who is Isabel Villasenor?
(a) A painter.
(b) A politician.
(c) A poet.
(d) An art critic.
12. Which of the images in the Diary does Frida later use for a formal painting?
(a) "Footprints and Sun Prince."
(b) "Motion in Prance."
(c) "August Heaven and Earth Me and Diego."
(d) "Center and One."
13. What does Frida write over and over, in bubbles surrounding an angel?
14. What song lyrics does Frida repeatedly cite in the Diary?
(a) "No man is an island."
(b) "Tree of hope stand firm."
(c) "Sing and don't cry."
(d) "Life is about love, but dancing is fine."
15. What figures share a splattered arm, on the front-side and back-side of a single page?
(a) A skeleton and figure labeled "ME?"
(b) Juan Faril, Frida's doctor, and herself.
(c) A figure labeled "ME" and Diego.
(d) Diego Rivera and an artist named Dr. Atl.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lowe write to explain the piece The Two Fridas, painted in 1939?
2. What is the last image in Frida's diary?
3. What does Lowe argue the final image in Frida's diary is about?
4. What does Frida write next to the image of a disembodied hand (which Lowe writes is likely Rivera's) caressing an unspecified object?
5. Frida creates two images of death. One includes roots that above ground turn to flames. Which of the following best describes the mood of the image?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)