|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 156 to 183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Frida create a list of things she is thankful for?
(a) She is thankful for learning to walk after surgery.
(b) She is thankful for her pregnancy.
(c) She is thankful for learning to speak in public.
(d) She is thankful for her upcoming exposition.
2. What does Fuentes write happened in September of 1925 that changed Frida's life?
(a) Her foot was amputated.
(b) She divorced for the first time.
(c) An accident.
(d) She miscarried.
3. What civilizations does Lowe wright were part of Kahlo's understanding of her "personal past"?
(a) The Surrealists in France.
(b) The Mayans.
(c) The Olmecs, Aztecs, and Toltecs.
(d) The Spanish.
4. What does Frida paint as burning?
(a) A school.
(b) A casket.
(c) A howling dog.
(d) A skyscraper.
5. Frida creates two images of death. One includes roots that above ground turn to flames. Which of the following best describes the mood of the image?
Short Answer Questions
1. What recipe does Frida include in her Diary?
2. What do the words "MOON" and "SUN" refer to in the image that places a woman between the two?
3. How does Carlos Fuentes claim he first met Frida Kahlo?
4. In Frida's "Portrait of Neferunico," who does the portrait most resemble?
5. What did Frida's students note about Frida's Spanish?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)