|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 156 to 183.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Frida write "lulls her to sleep"?
(a) Marx and Engles.
(b) Pain medication.
(c) Diego Rivera.
2. What does Frida write on the page that she fills with faces in bubbles?
(a) "You can't take them anywhere."
(b) "How ugly people are!"
(c) "Must stay separate."
(d) "Not a friendly face in the crowd!"
3. Who does Frida address an eight page letter to in the Diary?
(a) Her father, though he died years earlier.
(b) Diego Rivera.
(c) Jose Clemente Orozco.
(d) Her sister, Matilda.
4. One of the first images creates in her diary is "connect-the-dots ink drawing." Which of the following figures can be found in the drawing?
(a) The Brooklyn Bridge.
(b) The solar system.
(c) A dog.
(d) A rainbow.
5. What picture does Frida use to create a collage?
(a) An erotic photo.
(b) An image of the president of Mexico.
(c) A photo of a man hunting.
(d) Architectural blueprints.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Kahlo paint Dorothy Hale?
2. What number repeats in Frida's diary?
3. In 1944, Lowe writes that Kahlo painted herself with someone else, merged into a single head. Who was this?
4. What does the use of the "third eye" signify in the "Portrait of Neferunico"?
5. What does Lowe write that Surrealists believed "automatic drawing" was useful for?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)