|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lowe write is a "favorite device" of Frida's?
(a) "Having a friend begin an image and quickly finishing it, in an attempt to bypass the logical, thinking mind."
(b) "Ink strokes that form an undulating mesh of lines."
(c) "Spilling ink, then moving it around on the surface to create a Surrealist-style image."
(d) "Bringing interior physical forms to the surface, to show power relationships."
2. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
(a) They were planned in writing.
(b) They were unplanned.
(c) They were, themselves, used to plan more formal paintings.
(d) They were meticulously planned.
3. Who does Lowe write "cemented" the association of Frida and Surrealism?
(a) Andre Breton.
(b) Jose Clemente Orozco.
(c) Jose Vasconcelos.
(d) Diego Rivera.
4. How does Fuentes characterize the kinds of escapes from reality Andre Breton "was legislating as law" in France compared to Latin America?
(a) As "needlessly ritualistic."
(b) As "unlikely to ever take hold."
(c) As "the law of life."
(d) As "small beer, comparatively speaking."
5. What does Frida label her cold climate image?
(a) Arctic Foot.
(b) Polar landscape.
(c) Remote Snows.
(d) Snowy Diego.
Short Answer Questions
1. What exercise does Frida do with colored pencils in the Diary?
2. How does Lowe write that students remembered Frida?
3. What does Lowe write that Citlali means?
4. Which of the following are among Frida's interests mentioned in the Diary?
5. What does Kahlo liken to ink?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)