|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lowe describe Frida's planning of the paintings in her Diary?
(a) They were, themselves, used to plan more formal paintings.
(b) They were planned in writing.
(c) They were meticulously planned.
(d) They were unplanned.
2. One of the first images creates in her diary is "connect-the-dots ink drawing." Which of the following figures can be found in the drawing?
(a) A rainbow.
(b) A dog.
(c) The solar system.
(d) The Brooklyn Bridge.
3. How does Lowe explain that reading the Diary may affect our viewing of Kahlo's paintings?
(a) We may begin to grasp how much time Frida spent alone, and why she painted self-portraits.
(b) We may understand just how much Frida lived in her husband's shadow.
(c) We may see Frida as more human.
(d) We may understand how physical pain limited Frida.
4. What is the "golden section," which Frida writes of as the "seccion de oro"?
(a) A way of breeding monkeys.
(b) An equation that is "thought to be inherently harmonic."
(c) Part of the Metropolitan Cathedral in Mexico City.
(d) It is the way in which the golden rule, or "being as kind to others as you would like them to be to you," is described in Mexico.
5. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
(a) An indigenous geometric style.
(b) A German born style emphasizing contrast.
(c) A surrealist style that influenced architecture at the time.
(d) An Italian ornate style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement has Frida been associated with?
2. Who is the Olmedo that Kahlo refers to in the first few pages of her poem?
3. Which of the following does Frida admire, and write about in her diary?
4. What aspect of Rembrandt and Van Gogh's work does Lowe compare to Kahlo's?
5. What does Lowe write that Citlali means?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)