|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Frida creates two images of death. One includes roots that above ground turn to flames. Which of the following best describes the mood of the image?
2. What writing reveals that, as Lowe writes, "Kahlo came to her senses"?
(a) Her writing "my body will not give out unless my spirit dims."
(b) Her statement "I am responsible for myself."
(c) Her statement that "he has brought me more pain than joy."
(d) Her writing that Diego "belongs to himself."
3. Frida creates an image of herself falling apart from the top of a column. What does she label this image?
(a) The great fall.
(b) The pain is overwhelming.
(c) Where is Diego?
(d) I am disintegration.
4. What does Lowe write that "naturaleza muerta" translates to in English?
(a) "Day of the Dead altar."
(b) "Natural death."
(c) "Nature in death."
(d) "Still life."
5. Who does Lowe write "cemented" the association of Frida and Surrealism?
(a) Jose Clemente Orozco.
(b) Andre Breton.
(c) Diego Rivera.
(d) Jose Vasconcelos.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the words "MOON" and "SUN" refer to in the image that places a woman between the two?
2. What does Frida place in an icy landscape?
3. What language does Frida write in (in what Lowe points out is the only time she cites a source other than herself)?
4. Which of the following is a recurring figure in the Diary?
5. What does Frida write is the most precious thing?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)