|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the image labeled "SUN," and "MOON," there is a woman labeled "ME?" Which of the following describe this woman?
(a) She has one foot.
(b) She is drowning.
(c) She is on fire.
(d) She has one arm.
2. Which of the following techniques does Lowe write that Kahlo used?
(a) Random scratching to the paper.
(b) Ink spills.
(c) "Automatic," or free association games with human and animal body parts.
(d) Wax spills.
3. Frida created an list of words beginning with the same letter. What letter did she use?
4. What does Lowe write is a "favorite device" of Frida's?
(a) "Having a friend begin an image and quickly finishing it, in an attempt to bypass the logical, thinking mind."
(b) "Spilling ink, then moving it around on the surface to create a Surrealist-style image."
(c) "Ink strokes that form an undulating mesh of lines."
(d) "Bringing interior physical forms to the surface, to show power relationships."
5. Where does Lowe write that Frida's work was first taken seriously (where she "made a decisive shift from amateur to professional painter")?
(a) On a trip to Puerto Rico.
(b) In the United States.
(c) In Germany.
(d) In Mexico City, where Ines Amor organized an important exhibit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movement has Frida been associated with?
2. What does Lowe write happened in Kahlo's life just before beginning the Diary?
3. What does Lowe write that Frida suffered from in her foot?
4. What style does Fuentes claim was "in tune with the tastes of the Mexican elite" around the turn of the century?
5. In an image labeled "Dog," where does Frida place the dog?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)