|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 131 to 155.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In an image labeled "Dog," where does Frida place the dog?
(a) In her garden.
(b) Jumping at the sight of a firework.
(c) Around a man's neck.
(d) Swimming in a pond.
2. How does Lowe write that Frida's understanding of Communism changes?
(a) Frida's understanding is based on what Diego Rivera teaches her.
(b) She connects it to her hatred of the U.S.
(c) It becomes more like a religious faith.
(d) Frida becomes more and more interested in the local politics of the Communist party.
3. Who is Isabel Villasenor?
(a) An art critic.
(b) A painter.
(c) A poet.
(d) A politician.
4. What does Frida write is the most precious thing?
5. In Frida's "Portrait of Neferunico," who does the portrait most resemble?
(a) Diego Rivera.
(b) Jacqueline Lamba.
(d) Frida herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animals does Frida paint playing with string?
2. What does Lowe write that "naturaleza muerta" translates to in English?
3. Who did Frida give a painting to that she dated November 7, 1946?
4. What does Lowe claim was the guiding principal behind Surrealism?
5. What does Lowe write that Frida suffered from in her foot?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)